Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Royal Family News: King Charles hosts first state visit with the President of South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being British, I’m allowed to take a day off even though I’m in Japan.

but I’m going to work and save it for a later date (I’m allowed to take it in lieu). Yay

Comment

• Monday is also International Talk Like a Pirate Day........

Comment

• I was reading about the line to pay respects at her coffin and it's taken people something like 12 hours of waiting for the few minutes to see her. That is some dedication.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
          I was reading about the line to pay respects at her coffin and it's taken people something like 12 hours of waiting for the few minutes to see her. That is some dedication.
          The waiting time is currently 22 hours and over 6 miles long.

It is one of the most remarkable things I’ve ever witnessed - such is the love and the respect for our late Queen.

Comment

• You better hope you’re not stood behind morons in the queue because I’ve stood behind some people in a 10 minute queue and wanted to leave it before, now imagine 22 hours.
            1 SG Lewis |2 FLO |3 Vlossom |4 SG Lewis |5 Inna

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
              You better hope you’re not stood behind morons in the queue because I’ve stood behind some people in a 10 minute queue and wanted to leave it before, now imagine 22 hours.
              They’re waiting in a queue for 22 hours. They’re all morons lol

j/k royalists

Comment

• Brilliant

Comment

• Comment

• By the way, there is a queue to get a wristband to get into
                    the actual queue… and possibly even a queue to get into the queue which gets you into the queue!

The most British of times.

Comment

• That video "Center Parcs have chucked us out"

I saw someone put on facebook that the Queens funeral has been cancelled on Monday out of respect for the Queen.

Comment

• Are we allowed to use the toilet, do you think?

Comment

• I saw something about this on FB, and was skeptical, but I found the video that it's indeed real and am so amused by this story:

Comment

• The King and the Prince of Wales surprised those in the queue today with a special, impromptu visit - the King is clearly exhausted but continues to meet his people but seeing the Prince of Wales and how he interacts is a total delight. He’s going to be a great monarch one day.

Comment

• Charles needs a good night’s sleep. He might actually get to properly deal with the loss of his mother after Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                Charles needs a good night’s sleep. He might actually get to properly deal with the loss of his mother after Monday.
                                Refer to him as The King pls

Comment

• Harry looked so great in his uniform.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post

Refer to him as The King pls
                                    Are you joking?

Comment

• No offense to anyone because it's always quite sad when someone dies but the UK is turning into a circus now.
                                      How on earth do hoards of people still cherish royal families in the 21st century? It's mental. The rich living in luxury on tax payers' money doing close to nothing get veneration like gods... No wonder that the world is where it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                        No wonder that the world is where it is.
                                        Where is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

Are you joking?
                                          r u?

My Chart

Comment

• I just don’t understand how in 2022, people continue to be dismissive of something they don’t understand, and think ridiculing and belittling those that do is somehow acceptable.

It is amusing watching people navigate the response to The Old Queen’s death, clearly surprised at being a out of sync with the world in a way they really didn’t expect to be.

In just under twenty four hours one of the greatest gatherings of world leaders will pay their respects to one of the greatest women in world history, personally witnessing one of the biggest events the modern world has ever seen.

The Late Queen’s funeral will be the first funeral of a British monarch to be broadcast live around the world. It is a historic moment, and whether you like the institution of monarchy or not, this is living history.

Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                              No offense to anyone because it's always quite sad when someone dies but the UK is turning into a circus now.
                                              How on earth do hoards of people still cherish royal families in the 21st century? It's mental. The rich living in luxury on tax payers' money doing close to nothing get veneration like gods... No wonder that the world is where it is.
                                              It's not mental, it can serve as a connection to tradition and history. Monarchies can also hold together a nation and provide comfort in difficult times. What we are seeing now in the UK is the people giving back to the Queen and her 70 years of representing British traditions, culture and influence around the world. And boy, oh boy did she smash at that.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

r u?
                                                No, referring to him as Charles is hardly a big deal… we aren’t visiting him at Buckingham Palace, we are spread around the world on an Internet forum.

in New Zealand and Australia, most people refer to the Queen as Queen Lizzy, it’s hardly a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                  I just don’t understand how in 2022, people continue to be dismissive of something they don’t understand, and think ridiculing and belittling those that do is somehow acceptable.

It is amusing watching people navigate the response to The Old Queen’s death, clearly surprised at being a out of sync with the world in a way they really didn’t expect to be.

In just under twenty four hours one of the greatest gatherings of world leaders will pay their respects to one of the greatest women in world history, personally witnessing one of the biggest events the modern world has ever seen.

The Late Queen’s funeral will be the first funeral of a British monarch to be broadcast live around the world. It is a historic moment, and whether you like the institution of monarchy or not, this is living history.
                                                  I wonder if Russia will send anyone. From what I gathered, the entire high class of European Royals will attend as well as many presidents and head of states. It'll be one (if not THE) single biggest event in European (post war) history, seeing all these political and royal figures coming together to honor and mourn one of the greatest women in history.

I agree with you 100%.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• As far as I’m aware, Russia has not been invited in any capacity. I believe that the guest list (if that’s even the right term?) is decided by the government, not the family.
                                                    Disco dancing with the lights down low…

Comment

Working...
                                                    X