No announcement yet.

British Royal Family News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piers Morgan cleared of any wrongdoing about his comments on Meghan Markle.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Latest development in the Prince Andrew saga…

Prince Andrew served with papers, accuser's team claims

Lawyers for the woman who has accused Prince Andrew of sexual abuse claim they have successfully served him with legal papers.

Virginia Giuffre has launched a civil case against the prince in New York - and legal papers have to be "served" before the case can proceed.

Her lawyers say they were served on 27 August, being left with a police officer at Windsor's Royal Lodge.

Prince Andrew denies all the claims made by Ms Giuffre.

A spokeswoman representing the Duke of York has declined to comment on the latest development.

A US judge must determine whether the papers were in fact "served" before any case can proceed.

A video conference on the next stages of the case is scheduled for a New York court on Monday.

According to court documents, an answer is due from Prince Andrew to the affidavit by 17 September and "if you fail to respond, judgment by default will be entered against you for the relief demanded in the complaint".

BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said it was still not clear yet whether Prince Andrew's legal team would accept that legal papers have been served.

The prince is currently at Balmoral, the Queen's Scottish estate.

Legal papers say a process server working for Ms Giuffre's team arrived at the Royal Lodge on Thursday 26 August at 09:30 BST.

The man met security staff, left a business card, and was asked to wait.

The papers say he then spoke to police, including the head of security, who could not locate Prince Andrew's private secretary "or anyone senior".

The agent was told the security team "had been told not to accept service of any court process".

He was then given a solicitor's name and number, phoning him at 10:40, but did not get a response.

On Friday 27 August, the same process server returned to the Royal Lodge in Windsor and spoke to the "head of security".

He was advised the papers could be left with police at the main gates, which would be forwarded to the legal team.

The papers state: "The deponent did enquire whether it was possible to meet personally with the defendant, but the deponent was told that this was not possible."

Ms Giuffre's legal team claim that by leaving the papers with the officer, the service was successfully completed.

Our correspondent Nicholas Witchell said the tactics of Prince Andrew's legal team appeared to be just not to respond at all.

"We should keep in mind that shortly after he did withdraw from public life, Prince Andrew did say he would co-operate with any legitimate inquiries by the US authorities," he told BBC's Radio 5 live.

"I think it is fair to say the Americans would say that there has been little or indeed no evidence of any such co-operation by Prince Andrew."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58523119

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• That photo looks weird. Harry looks short and seems like hiding behind meghan. She looks like her waist has been raised to near her chest and her head is being pushed down from behind.

Comment

• Our future kings with their queens.
            Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Kate looks stunning!

Comment

• This is trending on twitter

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Her Majesty looking incredibly well opening the Scottish Parliament this morning

Comment

• I thought it was quite funny when I heard the Queen had to stop drinking. I could see the headlines: "Queen in rehab, cancels trip".
                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• The Queen spent last night in hospital but is now back at Windsor. Not covid related, but don’t do this to me. It makes me nervous seeing her meeting people (even if, presumably, they’ve all been tested in advance of meeting her).

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                        The Queen spent last night in hospital but is now back at Windsor. Not covid related, but don’t do this to me. It makes me nervous seeing her meeting people (even if, presumably, they’ve all been tested in advance of meeting her).
                        Stop deleting my posts please, it's relevant news

1. Queen Elizabeth II was asked to stop drinking
                        2. To take some rest and cancel a trip to N Ireland

If you keep deleting these news (yes actual news relevant to this thread) I will report you
                        Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• God Save The Queen
                          After all, despite all this horror, Ukrainians do not give up. — Olena Zelenska

The World Still Stands With Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post

Stop deleting my posts please, it's relevant news

1. Queen Elizabeth II was asked to stop drinking
                            2. To take some rest and cancel a trip to N Ireland

If you keep deleting these news (yes actual news relevant to this thread) I will report you
                            Maybe if you referred to her as the Queen and not “the lizard” your post might’ve been taken more seriously.

Comment

• You know what I mean though. Same thing
                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• The Queen has had to miss today’s Remembrance Sunday commemoration due to a “strained back” - she has only missed 6 other Remembrance Sunday commemorations during her reign (4 while she was overseas on official trips and 2 while she was pregnant).

Hope she feels better soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  The Queen has had to miss today’s Remembrance Sunday commemoration due to a “strained back” - she has only missed 6 other Remembrance Sunday commemorations during her reign (4 while she was overseas on official trips and 2 while she was pregnant).

Hope she feels better soon.
                                  She’s been too ill lately for my liking.

Comment

• Been seeing this VOGUE shot for her 40th birthday on the media everywhere the last couple of days and it always kinda confuses/baffles me ..it's just so different from her usual look
                                    at least I hope it's her and they didn't replace her
                                    Last edited by flopho; Mon January 10, 2022, 21:11.
                                    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

• Prince Andrew has failed in his bid to get a civil case which alleges he sexually assaulted Virginia Giuffre dismissed by a US judge.

Ms Giuffre is suing the prince claiming he abused her when she was 17.

His lawyers said the case should be thrown out, citing a 2009 deal she signed with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. But a New York judge ruled that the claim could be heard.

Prince Andrew has consistently denied the allegations.

The motion to dismiss the lawsuit was outlined in a 46-page decision by Judge Lewis A Kaplan of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

In court documents, Ms Giuffre said she was the victim of sex trafficking and abuse by late billionaire financier Epstein.

Part of her abuse involved being lent out to other powerful men, she alleges.

Prince Andrew, the Queen's second eldest son, said in an interview with BBC Newsnight in 2019 that he had no recollection of ever meeting Virginia Giuffre, and her account of them having sex "didn't happen".

His lawyers had argued that Ms Giuffre agreed in court in 2009 not to sue anyone else connected to Epstein when she settled her damages claim against the billionaire sex offender.

During a virtual hearing they said the Duke of York was a "potential defendant" as defined by the agreement and the case "should be dismissed".

Ms Giuffre's lawyer said only the parties of the settlement agreement could benefit from it, and not a "third party".

In his decision, Judge Kaplan said the agreement "cannot be said" to benefit the Duke of York.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• Absolutely huge - I think this has probably been one of the hardest things the Queen has had to do, as we all know how much she loves Andrew. But it once again shows in my mind how steadfastly she feels that the institution of monarchy must come first, and cannot be placed at risk.

Andrew must now fight his case as a private citizen, with support from the Queen as mother I’m sure, but probably one of the most spectacular falls from grace ever seen in the U.K.

Comment

• Prince Andrew, I fear, is DONE. Maybe with some luck they can get Harry and Meghan back...(in line) since they are flopping so badly solo.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Is it true that Andrew is the Queen's favourite child? I'm reading this all the time in German tabloids.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Thriller
                                                Thriller commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Yes it’s often been said so.

• So he’s lost his HRH amongst that it seems! Good, he shouldn’t have any esteemed titles or roles while this is ongoing.

Comment

• Can anyone ask me what this means? He is not a Prince anymore? What does that actually mean?
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  Prince Andrew, I fear, is DONE. Maybe with some luck they can get Harry and Meghan back...(in line) since they are flopping so badly solo.
                                                  Why fear? If he’s guilty he deserves everything he gets! And I’m struggling to see how he isn’t with such close ties to Epstein and Maxwell and his general behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X