British Royal Family News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Why fear? If he’s guilty he deserves everything he gets! And I’m struggling to see how he isn’t with such close ties to Epstein and Maxwell and his general behaviour.
    I'm not too sure... I think he can find one more trick up his sleeve to make it go away.

I've never liked him much, I must say.

I have always to 100% been a mega hardcore Diana stan, but over the years Charles and Camilla crept into my heart as well... (as well as the Princes and their kids and wives etc). I also love Peter Phillips.
    My Chart

Comment

• They know he's done something. If they wholeheartedly felt he was being dragged for no reason, I doubt such a powerful statement would be released.

Comment

• Wonder when he's gonna "kill himself" like Eppstein, before or after he testifies?
        Find me here:
        https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
        https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• If he never goes to the USA again, will the trial be cancelled or doesn't he need to show up?
          UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            If he never goes to the USA again, will the trial be cancelled or doesn't he need to show up?
            if he doesn't cooperate with the court, she can apply for an automatic win of sorts.
            but there's also a problem in that she doesn't actually live in the usa, she lives in australia now
            what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
              if he doesn't cooperate with the court, she can apply for an automatic win of sorts.
              but there's also a problem in that she doesn't actually live in the usa, she lives in australia now
              I think this was an issue raised by Andrew's lawyers, but not sure if this was resolved in the latest rulings or what.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!
                CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Tomorrow marks 70 years of the Queen’s rule - she becomes the first ever British monarch (and likely the only British monarch, save for there being a major shake up in the line of succession) to mark a Platinum Jubilee. She has served her country and her people remarkably well, and against the backdrop of the most corrupt and deceitful government we’ve ever had, she continues to be a beacon of integrity and morality, as this iconic image shows:

She continues to enjoy huge popularity, with the most recent YouGov poll on the Royal Family showing that the Queen enjoys a favourable rating among 80% of those surveyed.

Comment

• Seventy years is a remarkable achievement but I always think these jubilees must be bittersweet for her - tomorrow also marks the seventieth anniversary of her father’s death, a sad, human event, and the only reason she’s been Queen for so long. When people say things work out the way they’re supposed to I’m always quite sceptical, but considering Princess Elizabeth was born the daughter to a second son with no hope or intention of ever becoming Queen, you have to wonder.
                    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• The Queen has announced that she wants Camilla to be known as Queen Consort once Charles assumes the throne - huge news but I’m so pleased that she’s come out to say this.

Camilla should be Queen, once Charles becomes King.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                        The Queen has announced that she wants Camilla to be known as Queen Consort once Charles assumes the throne - huge news but I’m so pleased that she’s come out to say this.

Camilla should be Queen, once Charles becomes King.
                        King Charles III and Queen Camilla here we come. I guess in light of the recent reductions in HRHs, it’s an act of stability and continuity going forward.

There’s technically no mechanism for Camilla not to be Queen, in the same way she’s actually the Princess of Wales now (alongside her new title of Duchess of Edinburgh).

So I’ve always assumed we’d get to this stage but I never dreamed the Queen would come and and announce it - and what an announcement: the Queen rarely asks for anything (and let’s be honest, she’s not actually asking).

I’m here for it though. I love the idea of having a King and a Queen, something the UK hasn’t had for a long time. Well, seventy years to the day in fact

Comment

• Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Her writer needs to be fired - one of the first things you’re taught in school is that you don’t start sentences with ‘and’

Comment

• Comment

• I always just think what an extraordinary life, one of the most unique there can ever be.

Comment

• Reading all the tributes being paid to the Queen today and I think Sir Keir Starmer probably sums it up best with his…

Leader of the opposition, Sir Keir Starmer, echoed these sentiments, saying he would like to express his "deepest thanks" for 70 years of "unparalleled public service".

The Labour leader added: "Her Majesty The Queen has been one vital and valued constant in an ever-changing world, representing security and stability for our country, during the ups and downs of the last seven decades."
                                  Even if some proclaim not to understand it now, you’ll know it when she’s no longer here - the most extraordinary life lived and the most amazing Queen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I love the idea of having a King and a Queen, something the UK hasn’t had for a long time. Well, seventy years to the day in fact
                                    It was very surreal when Willem Alexander and Maxima became King & Queen here in the Netherlands. Before him we had three Queens (with their Prince). It would be great to see William and Catherine become the next King & Queen instead of Charles and Camilla. I really like how we have a young couple on the throne and wish that for the UK as well.

UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                      Reading all the tributes being paid to the Queen today and I think Sir Keir Starmer probably sums it up best with his…

Even if some proclaim not to understand it now, you’ll know it when she’s no longer here - the most extraordinary life lived and the most amazing Queen.
                                      The irony, seeing as he’s a supporter of getting rid of the monarchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It was very surreal when Willem Alexander and Maxima became King & Queen here in the Netherlands. Before him we had three Queens (with their Prince). It would be great to see William and Catherine become the next King & Queen instead of Charles and Camilla. I really like how we have a young couple on the throne and wish that for the UK as well.
                                        Our current Queen was part of a young couple when she took the throne!

William and Kate won’t be on the throne for decades, unless something happens to Charles. I’m good with that - I’m low-key interested in seeing the drama around Queen Camilla.

My Mother has already said ‘I won’t be calling her Queen’ and I’ve already had to point out that ‘You don’t call her Camilla either’

Comment

• I am all for team Camilla. Diana fans will seethe though.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• When you consider that the US has been an independent country for less than 250 years and the Queen has reigned for more than a quarter of that time, it really does bring to life just how extraordinary her reign has been. Lovely words from the US also.

Comment

• Here for Queen Camilla
                                              Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                              'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

• Some really great tv on BBC today.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  I am all for team Camilla. Diana fans will seethe though.
                                                  In retrospective, Camilla hasn't done any harm to anyone, including Diana. Diana and Charles only happened because that's what society wanted to see back in the day, while Camilla and Charles was and is where the real emotions were. Considering that, I cherish the Queen's decision, and it shows how she has to come to understand how much Camilla means to her son and that she's willing to serve the country as part of her role.

-----

I have to say that the Queen is really a huge woman that deserves the upmost respect. It's crazy to image that at the age of 25 with two little children, she accepted the role of her life, to become monarch of the Commonwealth and never thought about giving it up - despite all the ups and downs in her family. It's more than just a job, it's become her identity.
                                                  Since this is a music forum, we casually discuss split ups or professional reorientations in the widest sense. While the job in the music business can be hard, it's just as clear that quite a few artists become victims of their own massive egos. And if there is one woman who's managed to put her job first and her ego last, it was, is and will be the Queen.
                                                  Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                                  Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                                  Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

In retrospective, Camilla hasn't done any harm to anyone, including Diana. Diana and Charles only happened because that's what society wanted to see back in the day, while Camilla and Charles was and is where the real emotions were. Considering that, I cherish the Queen's decision, and it shows how she has to come to understand how much Camilla means to her son and that she's willing to serve the country as part of her role.
                                                    ? Camilla had an affair with a married man. U are probably too young to remember and to realize what went down and how it did....
                                                    I am the most hardcore Diana stan and I've seen all of her interviews etc... The girl just wanted to be loved and her husband couldn't give it to her.

The Royal Family in the 1980s and 1990s was also completely different than today.. they were stone cold monsters. The person in that family who somewhat liked her and didn't fully despise her (at least at the beginning of her marriage to Charles) was Prince Philipp.

All that being said, I have to agree with your last point. I warmed up to Camilla so much and I do like her now. I think she is fabulous. There are multiple documentaries about her on YT and her more recent work and dedication. She has done a lot of good since then and she should be forgiven. But we shud not sweep all the history under the rug.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X