UK weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK weather

I know it's a bit late to start a thread considering we are on Day 4 already, but I was wondering what everyone's experiences are so far.

My siblings and I have been planning a surprise birthday meal for my mom for the past 2 months and it was set to take place on Saturday. But my brother's train from London has been cancelled and my cousin doesn't know if she can make it from Birmingham. SO LAME!

I also have a flight on Sunday which I'm praying doesn't get cancelled.

My garden yesterday

Comment

Re: UK weather - Beast From The East & Storm Emma

I do think the UK is still really unprepared for things like this. Other countries deal with it well but everything goes chaotic over here.

Comment

Itís a disaster here where I live.

Comment

It feels like everything's come to a stand still. I went into work for two and a half hours yesterday morning before being sent home and today I've been off! We walked up to a local pub earlier for lunch and everywhere was so quiet, cars and pedestrians-wise.

Comment

Itís not as bad as they said it would be, at least here in the south anyway.

Comment

I had to go into work yesterday after being blackmailed by my supervisor. Basically said Iíd be sacked if I didnít brave the snow It was absolutely dead as expected and we closed an hour early anyway. Have to go in again today
              *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
                Itís not as bad as they said it would be, at least here in the south anyway.
                The headlines are so OTT. I love it!

Comment

I have genuinely never known it to be so cold though - it's horrible outside, I had a shirt/cardigan/coat and I was still freezing.

The wind is what's making it unpleasant for me.

Comment

To be fair it is the coldest Iíve ever known it to be. It doesnít help that I work on the coast and get a strong sea breeze.

Comment

Every time UK complains about heatwaves or cold weather, I find it funny as it's never anything extreme (sure for UK, but as a continetal person, it seem all too normal).

Been -12įC for days now, going as low as -16įC, it's so disgusting and I wanna cry.
                      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

I only like snow on weekends

I absolutely love being sat watching a movie on a Sunday afternoon, wrapped up in a duvet and looking at the snow.

I only live a 20 minute walk from my office, so Iím on cover for everyone else this week
                        I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

#FreeBritney

Comment

20 min walk in this cold is a lot tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                            20 min walk in this cold is a lot tbh.
                            I cheated and got Uber this morning

#FreeBritney

Comment

Every time UK complains about heatwaves or cold weather, I find it funny as it's never anything extreme (sure for UK, but as a continetal person, it seem all too normal).

Been -12įC for days now, going as low as -16įC, it's so disgusting and I wanna cry.
                              Us Brits just enjoy complaining about everything and anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan

Us Brits just enjoy complaining about everything and anything.
                                Well itís never hot enough for long enough to justify air con, and itís never snowy enough for long enough to justify millions on ways to cope better with snow (like other countries have).

#FreeBritney

Comment

Ugh, air condition is a bit batter than this cold weather. I swear I get runny nose, neck pain etc if I spend more than 10 min anywhere near direct aircon.

Comment

Heating isnít working at my house. Gonna sleep in fleece pyjamas tonight

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                                      Heating isnít working at my house. Gonna sleep in fleece pyjamas tonight
                                      Turn the oven on for a bit or shove the hairdryer in the bed for a bit. #studenttricks

#FreeBritney

Comment

My main heater has broken (it blows out fan heat at the bottom and normal heat at the top). I live in a really old, listed building so have crappy storage heaters which just aren't good enough.

Ordered two more fan heaters today and Amazon aren't delivering until Monday.

Comment

Europe has it bad as well. Winter shud finally F-off already.
                                          My Chart

Comment

My heating isnít even on. Proper northern me like

#FreeBritney

Comment

I love Winters. In my native Poland we often tend to get even -15 to -20 degrees and I love it when there's snow and everything. It actually doesn't feel that cold when there's no wind but here in the Netherlands this week has been horrible - hardly any snow but freezing strong winds all the time. That's not the Winter I like...

Comment

Feel like Iíve put loads of weight on this week

Comment

I feel for you guys. :(

We didn't have much cold this year where i live, today's gonna be 17 degrees and next week it'll be around 19-21 degrees. It rains occasionally though.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                  X