Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville actress arrested for sex trafficking

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/entertai ... index.html

Actress Allison Mack, best known for her role as Clark Kent's clever confidant Chloe on CW's "Smallville," was indicted on Friday on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy, according to a statement released by the Justice Department.

Mack's arrest is related to her alleged involvement with an organization called Nxivm (pronounced NEX-ium), a group that claimed to be a self-help program but was, in reality, a pyramid scheme in which some recruits were exploited "both sexually and for their labor, to the defendants' benefit," according to U.S attorney Richard P. Donoghue.

Nxivm's founder, Keith Raniere, also known within the group as Vanguard, was also indicted on Friday.

"As alleged in the indictment, Allison Mack recruited women to join what was purported to be a female mentorship group that was, in fact, created and led by Keith Raniere," Donoghue stated.

A representative for the actress had no comment on her arrest.

John Marzulli with the U.S. Attorney's office confirmed to CNN that Mack entered a not guilty plea.

Raniere will be arraigned on a date that is still to be determined.

A statement posted on the homepage for the Nxivm website says the group is "working with the authorities to demonstrate [Raniere's] innocence and true character."

"We strongly believe the justice system will prevail in bringing the truth to light," the statement reads.
    The allegations

Officials allege that Nxivm, based in Albany, New York, encourages recruits to pay thousands of dollars for courses to rise through the ranks of the organization and recruit others to do the same.

Officials say Mack, 35, is the co-creator of a program within Nxivm called The Source, which was targeted toward actors.

Mack and Raniere's charges stem from what officials say were activities that took place as part of a secret society within Nxivm called "DOS," in which women recruited others under false pretenses to perform sexual acts. Raniere was the sole male in DOS and the leader.

Until women recruited others, they were called "slaves." Those who successfully recruited were called "masters."
    The indictment claims many so-called slaves were branded on their pelvic areas using a cauterizing pen with a symbol which, unbeknownst to them, incorporated Raniere's initials.

Mack is being accused by two unnamed women, identified in official documents as Jane Does 1 and 2, of directly or implicitly requiring them to engage in sexual activity with Raniere.

Mack allegedly received financial and other benefits from Raniere in exchange for the women's cooperation with their demands.

The women claim they were blackmailed into complying, as DOS has compromising information about them.

If convicted of the crimes charged, Raniere and Mack each face mandatory minimum sentences of 15 years' imprisonment, and up to life imprisonment.

Who is Allison Mack?

Mack began acting at a young age but rose to popularity when she joined the cast of superhero series "Smallville," which told the story of a young Clark Kent's teen years.

The series first aired on the WB network in 2001 but became property of The CW network, after that network was created in 2006 by the merger of the WB with UPN.

"Smallville," which starred Tom Welling and Kristin Kreuk, ran for ten seasons, ending in 2011.

Though it attracted a conservatively sized audience, in its prime, "Smallville" had a passionate fan following.

Even many years after the show finished airing, cast members from the series are often paid to make appearances at various fan conventions across the country and world.

After "Smallville," Mack had roles on FX's "Wilfred" and NBC's "American Odyssey."

One of her most recent credits was a voice role in Amazon's animated series "Lost in Oz."
    seriously... wtf???
    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Re: Smallville actress arrested for sex trafficking

It’s so messed up.

I’ll compare it to the Mark Salling situation. Allison Mack is one of my favourite TV actors and Chloe Sullivan was, and remains, my favourite TV character of all-time so I find this quite upsetting. I’m currently rewatching Smallville for the umpteenth time but am able to fully enjoy it and dissociate Allison from Chloe. Still messed up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan
      It’s so messed up.

I’ll compare it to the Mark Salling situation. Allison Mack is one of my favourite TV actors and Chloe Sullivan was, and remains, my favourite TV character of all-time so I find this quite upsetting. I’m currently rewatching Smallville for the umpteenth time but am able to fully enjoy it and dissociate Allison from Chloe. Still messed up though.
      She was always my favourite character. I'm just shocked. Reading deep into it is really disturbing.
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

She was my least favourite from Smallville although this is shocking!
        "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Her character paved the way for the likes of Felicity Smoak. Arrow pretty much stole Chloe’s superhero name as well as ‘Overwatch’ is a blatant rip off of ‘Watchtower’.

Comment

Damn, now this is shocking.
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by aaliyahman
              She was my least favourite from Smallville although this is shocking!
              Couldn't stand her ass. But in retrospective, I couldn't stand any character lol.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Tf!!!
                be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

I can't even fathom this.....
                  Originally posted by SummerPeur
                  Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                  Originally posted by Goldmoney
                  So does her microphone

Comment

Comment

damnnn this whole thing was ****kkkked up.

[youtube:8ue6ak1j]pqNNwFe6gMM[/youtube:8ue6ak1j]
                      You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

I'm just happy it was not the Lana girl, I would've been more shocked if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                          I'm just happy it was not the Lana girl, I would've been more shocked if that makes any sense.
                          The actress was also involved in the organization. Just look it up.
                          ? Girls' Generation ?
                          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                            But Kristin wasn’t aware of the depths it went to. She made a statement on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Its crazy what some people do for power and money:

On April 20, 2018, actress Allison Mack was arrested and set to stand trial for sex trafficking, based on her role as a recruiter for NXIVM. According to prosecutors, after she recruited women to join the organization, she used tactics such as blackmail to force them into engaging in sexual activity with Raniere against their wishes, and enslaved them to do menial tasks, for which Raniere allegedly paid Mack. Mack is said to be second in command of NXIVM after Raniere.
                              She's definately a sociopath, she prefered money, power and a second in command position of a Company (with an evil and hidden agenda) over people and women's feelings and safety.
                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

It explains why she hasn’t had any major acting jobs since Smallville if she’s been making money from this.

Comment

She's been released on a $5M bail, staying at her parents' and being monitored. No contact to past and present members of the 'group nor using electronic devices.

Comment

Its also on the news that she tried to recruit actress Emma Watson.

... And it was revealed that the marks they branded on the victims' pelvic areas using a cauterizing pen with a symbol was initially said to include Raniere's initials but apparently (according to new information) it included both Raniere's and Allison's initials.

She is truly evil.
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                      But Kristin wasn’t aware of the depths it went to. She made a statement on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.
                                      Just found out it was Kreuk who introduced Mack to the cult. Admittedly, she didn’t know the true depths of it.

Comment

Just found out it was Kreuk who introduced Mack to the cult. Admittedly, she didn’t know the true depths of it.
                                        Yep Kristin recruited Mack to the Company but she wasn't aware of a cult, she just thought it was a company offering several self-help, motivational and personal growth programms and recruited Allison to be part of it, she never imagined there was a twisted and dark cult behind it all ..... Also Kristin wasn't an active member of the company since 2013 and she said that while she was there she never experienced something weird which implies that the company may have evolved into something dark over the years and not right away.

Kristin left this message on Twitter:

[tweet:293vo5gk]https://twitter.com/MsKristinKreuk/status/979486603184955393[/tweet:293vo5gk]

.... Unlike Kristin, Allison Mack did become a heavily active member and loyal to Raniere she was 100% involved in the recruiting process and started escalating positions in the company, this allowed her to enter to the inner circle of the corporation for which she ultimately became Raniere's partner and ally on the vicious rituals they had involving sex trafficking, blackmail, obsession for power, humilliation and cult-like practices. It was revealed that after Raniere, Allison was basically at the second in command position.

Comment

She also tried to 'recruit' Kelly clarkson. Crazy.
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Smallville Actress and Accused Sex Trafficker Allison Mack Said Branding Women Was Her Idea:

In an interview apparently conducted before she was charged with sex trafficking, among other counts, former Smallville costar Allison Mack told a reporter it was her idea to brand some female members of the controversial self-help group Nxivm.

According to Mack’s quotes, published Thursday in a New York Times Magazine article, she says she was the one who decided specific women within Nxivm — all part of a secretive subgroup known as “Dominus Obsequious Sororium” or DOS, according to prosecutors — should be marked with co-founder Keith Raniere’s initials, using a cauterizing pen.

The Times describes Mack, 35, as taking “full responsibility for coming up with” the brand.

“I was like: ‘Y’all, a tattoo? People get drunk and tattooed on their ankle “BFF,” or a tramp stamp,’ ” Mack is quoted as saying. “‘I have two tattoos and they mean nothing.’ ”

Instead, according to the Times, Mack “wanted to do something more meaningful, something that took guts.”

The symbol each member was branded with appears to have included not just Raniere’s initials but also an “AM” — Mack’s initials.

According to arguments prosecutors made in court documents, Mack allegedly demanded that the group’s slaves partake in “readiness” drills requiring them to respond to their masters at any time of night. Mack’s slaves were also allegedly “kept seriously sleep-deprived and emaciated to the point where they stopped menstruating.”

Prosecutors claim that during ceremonies in which her slaves were branded, Mack “placed her hands on the slaves’ chests and told them to ‘feel the pain’ and to ‘think of [their] master,’ as the slaves cried with pain.”

Mack allegedly “received financial benefits [in] the form of continued status and participation in DOS, as well as financial opportunities from Raniere,” according to court documents filed by prosecutors.

Raniere was arrested in Mexico in March. Mack was taken into custody the next month. Both face the same federal charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy and have pleaded not guilty.

While Raniere told the Times he had sexual relationships with two DOS members, his attorney, Marc Agnifilo, said earlier this month that “everything was utterly consensual — it was adults making decisions on their own of their own free will, and that’s what the trial is going to show.”

Mack and Raniere are scheduled to stand trial on Oct. 1.
                                            https://people.com/crime/allison-mack-n ... -her-idea/

---

Apparently, searing their flesh with a cauterizing pen instead, leaving them permanently scarred with the initials of both Mack and accused cult boss Keith Raniere, would be far more meaningful — even if the branded women themselves didn’t know the meaning.

“Not all the women were told that these initials were present in the symbol,” Grigoriadis writes.

Astoundingly, she adds, some of the women saw being branded as a way to conquer their fears.

“Some of them kidded around through it,” the article says.

“Even if they cried when they were getting the brand; even if they wore surgical masks to help them with breathing in the smell of burning flesh .?.?. they were still able to transcend the fear and cry out to one another: “Badass warrior bitches! Let’s get strong together.
                                            https://pagesix.com/2018/05/30/allison- ... %20buttons

Comment

Insanity.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

NXIVM was the topic in A&E's new series: "Cults and Extreme Beliefs"

[youtube:1i4za5kv]fYKRwRlSAUM[/youtube:1i4za5kv]
                                                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

This entire thing reads like a bad movie plot. Insane
                                                  ? Girls' Generation ?
                                                  ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X