Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post
    Sad to say it, but Shakira if you wanna show your belly, make sure to do some intensive abs training in the weeks prior, 'cause her belly was... weird tonight?
    Body shaming much for no reason? Also you're supposed to have a belly for belly dancing. Hard abs belly doesn't work for that. And Shakira is in great form dude.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolling View Post
      Shak's lip-sync was on the Brit level, can't even lip to their own songs properly.
      She doesn't lipsync very often though. And the fact she wasn't bothered by it much is good enough for me. Also I don't see the problem as both of them lipsynced 95% of the performance. The fact J.Lo hid it better is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest View Post
        I think the bruno beyonce dance battle is the most memorable moment of the superbowls i watched
        And they were only guests there.

I don't think many people even remember it was a Coldplay show.

Comment

• Originally posted by toni_pest View Post
          I think the bruno beyonce dance battle is the most memorable moment of the superbowls i watched
          Yeah, that was really good and one of, if not the most iconic SB halftime moment for me.

Btw, the Shakira /J. Lo show has already 10 million views on YouTube, at this pace it will be one of the fastest video on its first 24 hours, if I'm not mistaken the one with Maroon 5 has only 19 million one year later

Comment

• It already has more views on YT than Maroon 5 and it's about to pass Timberlake. The most watched half time show on YT is coming
            When we lose what we love
            Don't think anything will ever taste the same
            When we lose what we love
            Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Omg JLo during Get Right was amazing
              LJC--->>

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolling View Post
                J.Lo proved she was far superior and the best out of the two.
                Shak's lip-sync was on the Brit level, can't even lip to their own songs properly.
                I agree.

Before I make my point, I just wanna say that I enjoyed the performance very much. The dancing was spectacular and I was fully entertained. They nailed it!

For years, I've thought that Britney shouldn't do the Halftime show because of her lipsyncing (and the criticism she's receiving all the time for it) but after seeing Shakira not singing more than 3 lines live, I think that Britney should do it in the near future (if she can fully concentrate on it + not anxious about it).

Anyway, I regret now that I haven't seen Jennifer Lopez live yet. Even though I don't enjoy listening to her albums, I think that she has a massive catalogue full of hits and I enjoyed her part of the show the most. Seeing and hearing her daughter sing was truly beautiful as well.
                When it comes to Shakira, I heavily dislike the tone of her voice and I think that most of her songs are utterly annoying but oh well, her belly dancing was mesmerising and the highlight of the show (if you ask me).
                I loved both singers' energy and charisma.

Well done, ladies!
                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Just watched it... They really brought it, Maybe could've used a bit more with the two of them, or could've been interesting to have a bit more to and fro in the sets, like one or two songs from one then the other but not too much going on to make it messy. It was fine as it was though. nice Shakira doing Empire as a more demure/rock number (when it gets going), the interpolation with Led Zeppelin was cool. As was J Lo's daughter and the others with a stripped down Lets Get Loud and bit of Born in the USA.

Not using Pitbull in Miami for On The Floor: a choice rivalling Coldplay/Beyonce not doing Hymn For The Weekend? Mightve been redundant for the snippet they used anyway and they already had Bad Bunny/J Balvin there for other stuff as guests but even a soundbite maybe (like the Ja Rule bit in the Ain't It Funny Remix that they used and some of Wyclef's little bit in Hips Don't Lie).

Overall great show. Well done ladies and also Demi too with the Anthem.
                  Last edited by Affillate; Mon February 3rd, 2020, 12:15.
                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• I didn't even notice Shakira was lip-syncing. I mean, sure her mic was all over the place at some parts but it didn't really bother me. She put on a great show.

As for J.Lo, her set was insane. She did the right thing by choosing Parris Goebel as her choreographer. Her transitions & medleys are always awesome (she's also the one who did J.Lo's AMA's performance & Biebz's "Sorry" choreography).

Comment

• The Shakira performance is growing on me, but I'm still disappointed about she lipping the whole thing. But there were many clever moments in her performance that I found later, like doing a traditional Colombian dance during Waka Waka...she' extremely charismatic, maybe my first reaction was so negative because I saw her in concert twice and here she had to cut all her hits short

Comment

• What a great show from both of them! It was high energy and a lot of fun.
                        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Amazing! There's just no way you can top these fierce Latinas in performing, they are definitely on a different league! I love how they complement each other, it was a celebration of Latin culture, it was not about competition. It's amazing how they showcased different kinds of performances in one halftime show. Whoever is the next female pop star to do the show will have a hard time of trying to match that fire.

Comment

• Like I said Shakira was my favorite of the night but I can understand that her performance could be a grower for some others. Diva and Pop fans are generally used to over-produced or over the top events while Shakira's performance was lighter, perhaps more simple and can I say a bit more "imperfect"? But that's exactly what I found insanely attractive / appealng about her performance, that "Less is more" concept, that carefree spirit, honestly I think she was much more relaxed and having more fun than J.Lo. Both ladies did good job but Shakira's energy was just better and the crowd seemed wilder when she was on stage, everything about her felt like effortless, she went there to have fun.

Also two of Shakira's songs are already Top 5 on US itunes (so far the better post-performance effect out of the two) so people clearly loved her.
                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• At first glance JLOs performance was more of a spectacle and might seem more entertaining from a show perspective. Shakira though, imo danced 10x better then Jlo last night. A lot more fluid and i was expecting her to shake her hips as her dancing but she blew my expectations out of the water. They both excelled at what they do best. To say Shakira underwhelmed is basically saying if you dont perform like Jlo then youre a bad performer. Maybe not everyone cares to have a theatrical performance?

Comment

• The show was spectacular! Both were amazing! The closing part was the highlight as they danced and sang together their songs! Emme was EXTREMELY relaxed when she sang and made her mama happy! The video it's already at 16.5 million views ww in just 11 hours, so I believe that it will be the most-watched halftime show on youtube!

Comment

• Aaaawww
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Wow at Shakira doing all of this without all the american pop gimmicks!

The US spoke as her songs are charting higher than JLo's ones. But both were great, best halftime show in years!

Already 20 Million views on Youtube? that's insane!
                                    Singer, Dancer, Producer, Songwritter, Humanitarian, Successful, Rich, Sexy, Beautiful
                                    Records & Awards
                                    Latin Legend - Global superstar
                                    SHAKIRA.

Comment

• I need to finish watching this...I'm only 5 mins in but one thing that irks me so far is that Shakira performed I Like It without Cardi....I mean she was in Florida this weekend.

Comment

• J.Lo killed itt
                                        it should have been full J.Lo show imo
                                        Didn’t feel Shakira’s part.
                                        she was just okay
                                        Last FM <3
                                        Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                          Yassss!!! My girl Ashanti made it to perform at the Superbowl!!!
                                          And JLos dance at the end was phenomenal.
                                          Are you talking about Ain’t It Funny?

Originally posted by Kaloki
                                          I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• I'm 100% slayed by THAT Superbowl performance. It was that good they made the Maroon 5 and a certain few other SB performances seem like bad memories. JLO was more superior to Shakira but both ladies done a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                              At first glance JLOs performance was more of a spectacle and might seem more entertaining from a show perspective. Shakira though, imo danced 10x better then Jlo last night. A lot more fluid and i was expecting her to shake her hips as her dancing but she blew my expectations out of the water. They both excelled at what they do best. To say Shakira underwhelmed is basically saying if you dont perform like Jlo then youre a bad performer. Maybe not everyone cares to have a theatrical performance?
                                              For me, it was not about the theatrics.
                                              The medley was poorly constructed, there was no intro build up, the song selection was off, and musically it was not outstanding either. It felt flat and all over the place. Literally 30 seconds singing then instrumental break then switch to another song. Nothing was smooth.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Wasn't realy blown away, since always prefer live singing.

Comment

• They should just let Beyoncé perform every year.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X