Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somehow, I want the Pussycat Dolls to do it next year.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Ed Sheeran with featuring guests Taylor Swift, Eminem and Bieber. It would be a Ukmix nightmare
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• LOVE+FEAR
        LOVE+FEAR commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed, Ed stay away from TayTay :(

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      Ed Sheeran with featuring guests Taylor Swift, Eminem and Bieber. It would be a Ukmix nightmare
      The whitest Superbowl.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

The whitest Superbowl.
        So?
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Imagine if someone had said the blackest super bowl or something...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
            Imagine if someone had said the blackest super bowl or something...
            oh yes let's imagine that, my god.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Nah, people begin to see through her narcissism. She's a great performer but she's stuck in the same thing for years now. She had her moment.
              I agree. Imagine how many people would have rolled their eyes if she did a Superbowl for THE CARTERS with Blue Ivy and her mother and Solange in there. She's a great performer but she's always about trying to make a statement that she's better than everyone, that her family is so rich, rather than just celebrate the music and be inclusive to fans watching. I was surprised J.Lo brought "Mi Gente" to a different level as well. That Superbowl remix completely made Beyoncé's remix sound like a mixtape version.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

What does Madonna's SB (or any other for that matter) have to do with these two OBVIOUSLY lipsyncing??

Grasping at straws (as usual) my dear?

tthe relevance is obvious if you can try to improve your level of reading comprehension.

I was saying J.Lo's vocals sounded different to her CD vocals, and someone said they'd never heard of pre-recorded live vocals. Madonna's Superbowl vocals were likewise not from her CD, even though she also lipped.

The one who's embarrassing is you, and I'd advise that you be less sensitive and less trigger-happy.
                Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

tthe relevance is obvious if you can try to improve your level of reading comprehension.

I was saying J.Lo's vocals sounded different to her CD vocals, and someone said they'd never heard of pre-recorded live vocals. Madonna's Superbowl vocals were likewise not from her CD, even though she also lipped.

The one who's embarrassing is you, and I'd advise that you be less sensitive and less trigger-happy.
                  Backtracking again? Isn't that tactic getting old for you everytime you get it wrong?
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Both Shakira and JLo did good.Shakira was on fire with that red outfit.I like her costumes more.Generally I like the energy and two different style of their artistsic perspective.I don't mind lip sync or pre recorded vocals on the super bowl stage as long as show is good.I don't like when fans,media and the people pitting women against each other.

And as for 2021 Missy would be good.She has hits,she has the stage persona and she can dance.Also she could bring different guests.

Gwen and Fergie can put on a great and colorful show like Shak & JLo.That would be amazing for 00's generation
                    Last edited by Choley; Sun February 9th, 2020, 22:34.

Comment

• Missy already did all her big hits with Katy though. I don't think they would ask her back to be the lead because it would feel like a rerun.​​​​​​

Comment

• Sorry for the Welcome smilies this reply box is acting weird today. It added them when I tired to hit Post reply and I can't edit and delete them. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                          Why did they make it seem like Shakira wasn't even part of it?
                          Because that's J.Lo's nature, always wanting to prevent other women to shine.
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• They both have publicists. My take is that JLo’s team took full advantage of the event while Shakira’s did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                              They both have publicists. My take is that JLo’s team took full advantage of the event while Shakira’s did not.
                              Don't bother. He's so drown in hate that it crosses with psychopathological condition.

Anyway, she was there to promote her other projects and of course she talked about Shakira and said the nicest things, just not in concrete clips posted above.
                              When we lose what we love
                              Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                              Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Backtracking again? Isn't that tactic getting old for you everytime you get it wrong?
                                Where did I backtrack?

Are you able to actually discuss without resorting to random personal attacks?

Getting old? I don't even know who you are.

Comment

Where did I backtrack?

Are you able to actually discuss without resorting to random personal attacks?

Getting old? I don't even know who you are.
                                  Sis, you've been read.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                    It's just my personal opinion, but I had to choose bigger show and lipsyncing or smaller show and live singing, I would choose the latter .
                                    I'd agree with any other show, but not the Super Bowl. Imagine Adele sitting in a chair, singing Hello and Someone Like You. People would fall asleep.

Comment

• Drake, Kendrick, The Weeknd or Miley would be good options for next year, as I don't see Rih caving in anytime soon. I can see them going for Bieber tho. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Can Bieber handle that much stress tho? Based on recent appearances, i'd say no.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

I'd agree with any other show, but not the Super Bowl. Imagine Adele sitting in a chair, singing Hello and Someone Like You. People would fall asleep.
                                          I do that anyway
                                          Originally posted by beredy
                                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

You can still have a big show ánd sing live though. Live singing doesn't require standing still. Plus not everyone lipsyncs when it comes to the super bowl half time performances, but Jlo and Shakira chose to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Can Bieber handle that much stress tho? Based on recent appearances, i'd say no.
                                              People need to understand that SuperBowl is not only good for you, if you don't deliver it can also break your career Biebs is definitely not fit for a Halftime show.
                                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

You can still have a big show ánd sing live though. Live singing doesn't require standing still. Plus not everyone lipsyncs when it comes to the super bowl half time performances, but Jlo and Shakira chose to do so.
                                                Everyone with complex stage production does. There's simply not enough time to do proper sound check. Of course, nobody said anything when Michael Jackson lipsynced. Only pop girls get these shit comments.
                                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Even Celine Dion lips WAY more than her fans dare to admit and she doesn't dance. She's very good at it so I suppose a lot of people don't see it, but she doesn't fool me. Mariah for example is a terrible lipsyncer so she always got flack for it.
                                                  There's always been double standards surrounding this topic.

Comment

Sis, you've been read.

​​​​​
                                                    Indeed, keep up with these proclamations that you have "won" something because you are unable to comprehend anything nor engage in a debate in any way. I don't even know you but you sound as if I've been on your mind all this time despite my inactivity, so thank you, I guess?

I shouldn't be wasting my time with people like you.

Comment

• clh_hilary & beredy
                                                      Please agree to disagree and please take your animosity elsewhere.
                                                      It doesn't add to the discussion, so please move on.
                                                      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Did J.Lo record some hoarse and out-of-breath vocals? They didn't sound like her CD vocals
                                                        Again, I don't have to add anything here, but the fact one user tried to make a "point" with a completely missed argument here and then went on to pretend like they weren't wrong and Shaki/J.Lo actually sang live (when you can clearly tell they lipped most of their performance - and again this is not to take away from a great show they have put on).

I don't feel like explaining the obvious thing ever again and again, no matter how many times certain user feels the need to have "arguments" in the talk. Arguments have been laid, the facts stand. "Fake it until you make it" approach you're trying to do here doesn't fly for me.

Comment

• Taylor Swift is that HUGE American act who's yet to do a halftime show and IMO it's a logical no brainer choice whether you like her or not. However due to the fact that this year was held by female artists then it's very likely next year will be held by a male artist.

They seem to alternate between males and females in the recent years:

2013 - Beyoncé
                                                          2014 - Bruno Mars
                                                          2015 - Katy Perry
                                                          2016 - Coldplay
                                                          2017 - Lady Gaga
                                                          2018 - Justin Timberlake
                                                          2019 - Maroon 5
                                                          2020 - Shakira / J.Lo

.. So someone like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons or some other male band could get it next year. Then 2022 would be ideal for Taylor Swift.
                                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Taylor couldn't do because of her contract with Pepsi or Coca Cola i heard.
                                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                            X