Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
    I wonder if Jennifer can turn this positive press into another hit a la OTF?
    I honestly doubt it.
    "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
    "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I honestly doubt it.
      hmmm you might be, right? I mean she has tried with Pitbull, Bad Bunny, French Montana, Cardi B but maybe with the positive press from Hustlers and the Superbowl can help?

Honestly, she just keeps on going. her career has taken a few hits but she manages to remain relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post

Honestly, she just keeps on going. her career has taken a few hits but she manages to remain relevant.
        Exactly. She doesn't really even need a hit. I honestly think her being such a brilliant performer combined with her stunning looks (I mean let's be honest, people love to look at her) will keep her profile high. Plus she has her movie career.

Comment

• Ageist pop radio won't play JLO no matter how good the song is.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Rewatched this about 5 times now and it gets better and better. Both ladies did their own thing and managed to make it cohesive.
            I'm really in awe of this production...I wonder how this could be topped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
              Rewatched this about 5 times now and it gets better and better. Both ladies did their own thing and managed to make it cohesive.
              I'm really in awe of this production...I wonder how this could be topped.
              Very easy, they should just call Beyoncé.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Very easy, they should just call Beyoncé.
                Nah, people begin to see through her narcissism. She's a great performer but she's stuck in the same thing for years now. She had her moment.

Comment

• Jennifer can easily have another successful tour under her belt, the It's My Party Tour success proved that she doesn't need hits to sell out arenas, and for veteran acts touring is the way to make money nowadays, she will be fine.

Comment

• Maybe Jennifer can take it to stadiums now, she would kill a stadium show with a huge production.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Bad Bunny might have been the worst Super Bowl guest ever tho. There’s no reason why the good sis couldn’t swap him and that tragic Cardi Z song out for La Tortura featuring Alejandro Sanz.
                      Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                      All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        Bad Bunny might have been the worst Super Bowl guest ever tho. There’s no reason why the good sis couldn’t swap him and that tragic Cardi Z song out for La Tortura featuring Alejandro Sanz.
                        Yes and No ... I mean he's quite bad BUT he's one of the ultimate musical leaders of Latin America at the moment, the guy is just HUGE over here and everyone is obsessed with him. So technically he was the most perfect guest she could have if she wanted to make a big Latino revolution and statement with J.Lo and J.Balvin in the mix. Both J.Lo and Shakira literally picked the two "It" and biggest boys of Latin America (Bad Bunny and J.Balvin) that's just pure strategy, both wanted someone really relevant and trendy who could get many people outside of their own fanbases watching and talking. Alejandro is an hispanic legend but he's pretty much a hasbeen by now and Pitbull is basically fallen from grace at the moment (this is why neither Shakira or J.Lo invited them), they're not in conditions to generate further buzz and aren't cool with the newer generations either. J.Lo and Shaki are big media stars and getting Bad Bunny and J.Balvin only made things more exciting for the current latin audience.
                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Shakira really owned the stage. Such presence. Her songs are iconic. JLo seemed like she was just posing.

Comment

• what in the world was BadBunny saying? and in what language?

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'm really pleased the girls have done so well on this, they have never been critical darlings, J-Lo especially has been ridiculed as a singer over the years, but both girls have had a string of worldwide hits and both showed girls half their age how it's done.
                                1 Victoria|2 Destiny |3 Vasil |4 Little Big|5 The Mamas |

Comment

Ageist pop radio won't play JLO no matter how good the song is.
                                  At least Europe still supports her. 'Ain't Your Mother' did quite well all things considered. But then again... Those women still look incredible, so it would be a crime to use their age against them. I mean, who would seriously guess J.Lo to be 50 if we didn't know?
                                  ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

At least Europe still supports her. 'Ain't Your Mother' did quite well all things considered. But then again... Those women still look incredible, so it would be a crime to use their age against them. I mean, who would seriously guess J.Lo to be 50 if we didn't know?
                                    Tell them to radios. It's a shame they never give the sogs a chance.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Tell them to radios. It's a shame they never give the sogs a chance.
                                      Ain't Your Mama has been rotated to death here. I can still hear it from time to time.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Both Shakira and J.Lo lipped 95% of the performance. Both did just a few short bits live (and when they were talking a bit obviously). It's just J.Lo is a bit better at lipping and making it seem "real".
                                        Did J.Lo record some hoarse and out-of-breath vocals? They didn't sound like her CD vocals
                                        Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                                        Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

Did J.Lo record some hoarse and out-of-breath vocals? They didn't sound like her CD vocals
                                          Stop it
                                          1 Victoria|2 Destiny |3 Vasil |4 Little Big|5 The Mamas |

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

Wow. Never heard of pre-recorded "live" vocals.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• This absolutely ludicrous story had me LOLing this morning:

​​​​​​
                                              Christian activist wants to sue NFL for Super Bowl halftime show
                                              A Christian activist has threatened to sue the NFL for US$867 trillion because the Super Bowl halftime put his soul “in danger of hellfire”.
                                              Link to full story but here are some gems in this section:

“I think we ought to sue,” said Daubenmire on his Pass the Salt podcast.

“Would that have been rated PG? Were there any warnings that your 12-year-old son — whose hormones are just starting to operate — was there any warning that what he was going to see might cause him to get sexually excited?

“Could I go into a courtroom and say, ‘Viewing what you put on that screen put me in danger of hellfire’?

“You didn’t tell me I was going to watch it! You just brought it into my living room.”

Daubenmire considered the halftime performance “discriminatory” towards Christians.

“You didn’t tell me there were going to be crotch shots. That’s discriminatory against the value I have in my house. You can’t just do that,” he said.

“I want to sue them for about $867 trillion.”
                                              Surely this is not going to be entertained in court? Like seriously haha. Theres a funny Reddit thread about it too.
                                              UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Americans

The "I want to sue them for about $867 trillion" has me screaming though.Like it's some small random figure
                                                MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                  Americans

The "I want to sue them for about $867 trillion" has me screaming though.Like it's some small random figure
                                                  Well, surely you must agree that that’s a small price to pay for condemning someone to an eternity in hell.
                                                  Not sure how even such an outrageous amount of money would give him solace, though. Hell will still be waiting for him. Or does he plan to donate it to secure himself a ticket to heaven? That almost makes sense, now that I think about it.

What I can’t get over is that with the “standards he has in his house” he still owns a TV.
                                                  Poor guy must be preparing lawsuits left, right and center, 24/7. For your own sake, switch the damn thing off, pal. You’ll be safer that way. That is, until you leave the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                    Wow. Never heard of pre-recorded "live" vocals.
                                                    did you miss madonna's superbowl
                                                    Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                                                    Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

Working...
                                                    X