Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or perhaps she finally went into the studio to record those songs with her own voice all these years
    Originally posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

did you miss madonna's superbowl
      What does Madonna's SB (or any other for that matter) have to do with these two OBVIOUSLY lipsyncing??

Grasping at straws (as usual) my dear?

I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• JFTB was pre-recorded with new vocals, AIF as well. Get Right was mostly live. Waiting for Tonight was full playback with old studio vocals. OTF only intro was live, Let's Get Loud was live, her part in Waka Waka was pre-recorded. There you go.
        When we lose what we love
        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Why did they make it seem like Shakira wasn't even part of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel View Post
            JFTB was pre-recorded with new vocals, AIF as well. Get Right was mostly live. Waiting for Tonight was full playback with old studio vocals. OTF only intro was live, Let's Get Loud was live, her part in Waka Waka was pre-recorded. There you go.
            Live bits and pieces just like Shakira. Which is what I said in the first place (maybe I overestimated with 95%, but the fact stands). It doesn't take away from the fact they put on a great show in no way, as lipsyncing is still a standard for performances like this due to very short preparation time on the spot and not having proper time to do the necessary sound checks as they can't leave the sound system and the stage in place because they obviously need the field for the game. And not every stadium is good for live acoustics. All this has been explained in many articles throughout the years.

But if some people want to pretend like the show was live and act like they know better and sit on a high horse as if they knew better, that's on them.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with lip syncing here.. i dont think any of the songs required live singing to impress. It was all about the spectacle which they truly delivered.

Comment

• It's just my personal opinion, but I had to choose bigger show and lipsyncing or smaller show and live singing, I would choose the latter .
                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                and everything you stand for?
                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• LOL yeah sure Jan, it's real.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                    Nothing wrong with lip syncing here.. i dont think any of the songs required live singing to impress. It was all about the spectacle which they truly delivered.
                    Yep. I didn't mind it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      It's just my personal opinion, but I had to choose bigger show and lipsyncing or smaller show and live singing, I would choose the latter .
                      Me too, always prefer live.
                      You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• Somehow, I want the Pussycat Dolls to do it next year.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Ed Sheeran with featuring guests Taylor Swift, Eminem and Bieber. It would be a Ukmix nightmare
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• LOVE+FEAR
                            LOVE+FEAR commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Indeed, Ed stay away from TayTay :(

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Ed Sheeran with featuring guests Taylor Swift, Eminem and Bieber. It would be a Ukmix nightmare
                          The whitest Superbowl.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

The whitest Superbowl.
                            So?
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Imagine if someone had said the blackest super bowl or something...

Comment

Imagine if someone had said the blackest super bowl or something...
                                oh yes let's imagine that, my god.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Nah, people begin to see through her narcissism. She's a great performer but she's stuck in the same thing for years now. She had her moment.
                                  I agree. Imagine how many people would have rolled their eyes if she did a Superbowl for THE CARTERS with Blue Ivy and her mother and Solange in there. She's a great performer but she's always about trying to make a statement that she's better than everyone, that her family is so rich, rather than just celebrate the music and be inclusive to fans watching. I was surprised J.Lo brought "Mi Gente" to a different level as well. That Superbowl remix completely made Beyoncé's remix sound like a mixtape version.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

What does Madonna's SB (or any other for that matter) have to do with these two OBVIOUSLY lipsyncing??

Grasping at straws (as usual) my dear?

tthe relevance is obvious if you can try to improve your level of reading comprehension.

I was saying J.Lo's vocals sounded different to her CD vocals, and someone said they'd never heard of pre-recorded live vocals. Madonna's Superbowl vocals were likewise not from her CD, even though she also lipped.

The one who's embarrassing is you, and I'd advise that you be less sensitive and less trigger-happy.
                                    Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                                    Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

tthe relevance is obvious if you can try to improve your level of reading comprehension.

I was saying J.Lo's vocals sounded different to her CD vocals, and someone said they'd never heard of pre-recorded live vocals. Madonna's Superbowl vocals were likewise not from her CD, even though she also lipped.

The one who's embarrassing is you, and I'd advise that you be less sensitive and less trigger-happy.
                                      Backtracking again? Isn't that tactic getting old for you everytime you get it wrong?

Comment

• Both Shakira and JLo did good.Shakira was on fire with that red outfit.I like her costumes more.Generally I like the energy and two different style of their artistsic perspective.I don't mind lip sync or pre recorded vocals on the super bowl stage as long as show is good.I don't like when fans,media and the people pitting women against each other.

And as for 2021 Missy would be good.She has hits,she has the stage persona and she can dance.Also she could bring different guests.

Gwen and Fergie can put on a great and colorful show like Shak & JLo.That would be amazing for 00's generation
                                        Last edited by Choley; Sun February 9, 2020, 22:34.

Comment

• Missy already did all her big hits with Katy though. I don't think they would ask her back to be the lead because it would feel like a rerun.​​​​​​

Comment

• Sorry for the Welcome smilies this reply box is acting weird today. It added them when I tired to hit Post reply and I can't edit and delete them. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                              Why did they make it seem like Shakira wasn't even part of it?
                                              Because that's J.Lo's nature, always wanting to prevent other women to shine.
                                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• They both have publicists. My take is that JLo’s team took full advantage of the event while Shakira’s did not.

Comment

They both have publicists. My take is that JLo’s team took full advantage of the event while Shakira’s did not.
                                                  Don't bother. He's so drown in hate that it crosses with psychopathological condition.

Anyway, she was there to promote her other projects and of course she talked about Shakira and said the nicest things, just not in concrete clips posted above.
                                                  Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                  Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Working...
                                                  X