Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Backtracking again? Isn't that tactic getting old for you everytime you get it wrong?
    Where did I backtrack?

Are you able to actually discuss without resorting to random personal attacks?

Getting old? I don't even know who you are.
    Originally posted by WhatTheHell
    Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

Where did I backtrack?

Are you able to actually discuss without resorting to random personal attacks?

Getting old? I don't even know who you are.
      Sis, you've been read.

​​​​​
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        It's just my personal opinion, but I had to choose bigger show and lipsyncing or smaller show and live singing, I would choose the latter .
        I'd agree with any other show, but not the Super Bowl. Imagine Adele sitting in a chair, singing Hello and Someone Like You. People would fall asleep.

Comment

• Drake, Kendrick, The Weeknd or Miley would be good options for next year, as I don't see Rih caving in anytime soon. I can see them going for Bieber tho. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Can Bieber handle that much stress tho? Based on recent appearances, i'd say no.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

I'd agree with any other show, but not the Super Bowl. Imagine Adele sitting in a chair, singing Hello and Someone Like You. People would fall asleep.
              I do that anyway
              Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

You can still have a big show ánd sing live though. Live singing doesn't require standing still. Plus not everyone lipsyncs when it comes to the super bowl half time performances, but Jlo and Shakira chose to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  Can Bieber handle that much stress tho? Based on recent appearances, i'd say no.
                  People need to understand that SuperBowl is not only good for you, if you don't deliver it can also break your career Biebs is definitely not fit for a Halftime show.
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post

You can still have a big show ánd sing live though. Live singing doesn't require standing still. Plus not everyone lipsyncs when it comes to the super bowl half time performances, but Jlo and Shakira chose to do so.
                    Everyone with complex stage production does. There's simply not enough time to do proper sound check. Of course, nobody said anything when Michael Jackson lipsynced. Only pop girls get these shit comments.
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Even Celine Dion lips WAY more than her fans dare to admit and she doesn't dance. She's very good at it so I suppose a lot of people don't see it, but she doesn't fool me. Mariah for example is a terrible lipsyncer so she always got flack for it.
                      There's always been double standards surrounding this topic.
                      "Lift up your head
                      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Sis, you've been read.

​​​​​
                        Indeed, keep up with these proclamations that you have "won" something because you are unable to comprehend anything nor engage in a debate in any way. I don't even know you but you sound as if I've been on your mind all this time despite my inactivity, so thank you, I guess?

I shouldn't be wasting my time with people like you.
                        Originally posted by WhatTheHell
                        Voice of the truth here!! :(

Comment

• clh_hilary & beredy
                          Please agree to disagree and please take your animosity elsewhere.
                          It doesn't add to the discussion, so please move on.
                          trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                          trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by clh_hilary View Post

Did J.Lo record some hoarse and out-of-breath vocals? They didn't sound like her CD vocals
                            Again, I don't have to add anything here, but the fact one user tried to make a "point" with a completely missed argument here and then went on to pretend like they weren't wrong and Shaki/J.Lo actually sang live (when you can clearly tell they lipped most of their performance - and again this is not to take away from a great show they have put on).

I don't feel like explaining the obvious thing ever again and again, no matter how many times certain user feels the need to have "arguments" in the talk. Arguments have been laid, the facts stand. "Fake it until you make it" approach you're trying to do here doesn't fly for me.

Comment

• Taylor Swift is that HUGE American act who's yet to do a halftime show and IMO it's a logical no brainer choice whether you like her or not. However due to the fact that this year was held by female artists then it's very likely next year will be held by a male artist.

They seem to alternate between males and females in the recent years:

2013 - Beyoncé
                              2014 - Bruno Mars
                              2015 - Katy Perry
                              2016 - Coldplay
                              2017 - Lady Gaga
                              2018 - Justin Timberlake
                              2019 - Maroon 5
                              2020 - Shakira / J.Lo

.. So someone like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons or some other male band could get it next year. Then 2022 would be ideal for Taylor Swift.
                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Taylor couldn't do because of her contract with Pepsi or Coca Cola i heard.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ... I've been hearing for a few years now that she can't do SB because of some supposed Coca-Cola deal. . . Is that contract eternal or what?

One would think that by 2022 she would be out of that contract right?
                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                    Taylor Swift is that HUGE American act who's yet to do a halftime show and IMO it's a logical no brainer choice whether you like her or not. However due to the fact that this year was held by female artists then it's very likely next year will be held by a male artist.

They seem to alternate between males and females in the recent years:

2013 - Beyoncé
                                    2014 - Bruno Mars
                                    2015 - Katy Perry
                                    2016 - Coldplay
                                    2017 - Lady Gaga
                                    2018 - Justin Timberlake
                                    2019 - Maroon 5
                                    2020 - Shakira / J.Lo

.. So someone like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons or some other male band could get it next year. Then 2022 would be ideal for Taylor Swift.
                                    You kinda disproved your own point with this list, because they had males in 2018 and 2019 - what's to stop them from having two female shows in a row, then?

Now, I don't know if Taylor still has that contract with Coca Cola, but if she does she definitely won't be asked to do the SB. I can imagine P!nk being asked in the near future, though. Don't know if she would be interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post

You kinda disproved your own point with this list, because they had males in 2018 and 2019 - what's to stop them from having two female shows in a row, then?
                                      He said it SEEMS like they alternate. Overall that SEEMS to be the pattern.
                                      "Lift up your head
                                      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

He said it SEEMS like they alternate. Overall that SEEMS to be the pattern.
                                        Yep. Exactly

Comment

• Well TECHNICALLY they did follow 2 male acts with 2 female acts. So I guess the pattern is there, just doubled

But it would still be a male year anyway on that pattern.

Comment

• Usher! He's a great performer but I do have issues with his live sets sometimes. His production is usually very underwhelming for an artist his caliber (no giant screens, no fancy stage, limited band members, etc.) so he would really need to step it up if he's really about to perform at the Super Bowl. Also, most of his performances he seems to always insist in singing live - which is good for him, but because he dances a lot he usually will be out of breath by the time he starts the second verse and skips lots of words/lines - pre-recorded vocals would help a lot and there's nothing wrong with it, we all know he can sing anyway.

If we're going with Hip-Hop acts, I think Kendrick, Drake, Post Malone & Eminem would be great. I know a lot of y'all don't care about Rap acts here but they're actually really good performers and they have sick productions as well. Simple, yet effective and aesthetically pleasing.

Kendrick Lamar

Drake

Kanye West

Whew.
                                            Last edited by abi; Thu February 13th, 2020, 04:26.

Comment

• Imagine Dragons, Taylor Swift, Eminem, P!nk, Kanye West, Drake and Ed Sheeran are all likely to headline a Super Bowl show sometime in the next window of 10 years.

Comment

• I really hope it's an Hip Hop act next. The racists will be shook (if it's not Emininem)
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• ^^Thinking about it now I'm not sure they would want to take the chance and alienate middle America with a rap act. If they couldn't handle J-lo (because she was too sexy), a t*tty or Beyonce's formation then I don't know how they will handle a rap headliner.

Comment

• Jeez, people... I know Mr. Leonix said there "seems" to be a pattern - but he also argued that according to that a male would be up next - which I see absolutely no indication for.
                                                    My point was: Either one believes there is no pattern, because they didn't alternate from year 2018 to year 2019, or you could think that according to the pattern, a female would be up next - because they had two male led shows in a row and would need two female ones in a row to "make up for it".

What I'm trying to say is: We don't know ish, it could be a male or a female.

@dylonj: I honestly think that average America isn't ready for a pure rap act... at the very best, they're gonna allow a rapper to co-headline. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X