Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... I've been hearing for a few years now that she can't do SB because of some supposed Coca-Cola deal. . . Is that contract eternal or what?

One would think that by 2022 she would be out of that contract right?
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
      Taylor Swift is that HUGE American act who's yet to do a halftime show and IMO it's a logical no brainer choice whether you like her or not. However due to the fact that this year was held by female artists then it's very likely next year will be held by a male artist.

They seem to alternate between males and females in the recent years:

2013 - Beyoncé
      2014 - Bruno Mars
      2015 - Katy Perry
      2016 - Coldplay
      2017 - Lady Gaga
      2018 - Justin Timberlake
      2019 - Maroon 5
      2020 - Shakira / J.Lo

.. So someone like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons or some other male band could get it next year. Then 2022 would be ideal for Taylor Swift.
      You kinda disproved your own point with this list, because they had males in 2018 and 2019 - what's to stop them from having two female shows in a row, then?

Now, I don't know if Taylor still has that contract with Coca Cola, but if she does she definitely won't be asked to do the SB. I can imagine P!nk being asked in the near future, though. Don't know if she would be interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post

You kinda disproved your own point with this list, because they had males in 2018 and 2019 - what's to stop them from having two female shows in a row, then?
        He said it SEEMS like they alternate. Overall that SEEMS to be the pattern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

He said it SEEMS like they alternate. Overall that SEEMS to be the pattern.
          Yep. Exactly
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Well TECHNICALLY they did follow 2 male acts with 2 female acts. So I guess the pattern is there, just doubled

But it would still be a male year anyway on that pattern.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Usher! He's a great performer but I do have issues with his live sets sometimes. His production is usually very underwhelming for an artist his caliber (no giant screens, no fancy stage, limited band members, etc.) so he would really need to step it up if he's really about to perform at the Super Bowl. Also, most of his performances he seems to always insist in singing live - which is good for him, but because he dances a lot he usually will be out of breath by the time he starts the second verse and skips lots of words/lines - pre-recorded vocals would help a lot and there's nothing wrong with it, we all know he can sing anyway.

If we're going with Hip-Hop acts, I think Kendrick, Drake, Post Malone & Eminem would be great. I know a lot of y'all don't care about Rap acts here but they're actually really good performers and they have sick productions as well. Simple, yet effective and aesthetically pleasing.

Kendrick Lamar

Drake

Kanye West

Whew.
              Last edited by abi; Thu February 13th, 2020, 04:26.

Comment

• Imagine Dragons, Taylor Swift, Eminem, P!nk, Kanye West, Drake and Ed Sheeran are all likely to headline a Super Bowl show sometime in the next window of 10 years.

Comment

• I really hope it's an Hip Hop act next. The racists will be shook (if it's not Emininem)
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• ^^Thinking about it now I'm not sure they would want to take the chance and alienate middle America with a rap act. If they couldn't handle J-lo (because she was too sexy), a t*tty or Beyonce's formation then I don't know how they will handle a rap headliner.

Comment

• Jeez, people... I know Mr. Leonix said there "seems" to be a pattern - but he also argued that according to that a male would be up next - which I see absolutely no indication for.
                      My point was: Either one believes there is no pattern, because they didn't alternate from year 2018 to year 2019, or you could think that according to the pattern, a female would be up next - because they had two male led shows in a row and would need two female ones in a row to "make up for it".

What I'm trying to say is: We don't know ish, it could be a male or a female.

@dylonj: I honestly think that average America isn't ready for a pure rap act... at the very best, they're gonna allow a rapper to co-headline. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

• Quite an interesting point of view.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          because they had two male led shows in a row and would need two female ones in a row to "make up for it".
                          Well ... They already did that: 1) Shakira - 2) J.Lo

Comment

Taylor Swift is that HUGE American act who's yet to do a halftime show and IMO it's a logical no brainer choice whether you like her or not.
                            What exactly would Taylor do in her half-time show? Walk up and down the stage and teach us the alphabet? I mean after this year's show, it's clear that you don't have to be able to sing AND dance, but surely you should be able to do one of the two?

Comment

• Spelling is fun!
                              2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Well ... They already did that: 1) Shakira - 2) J.Lo
                                That list is also Starting from 2013, Y'all do remember it was Madonna -> Beyonce back to back 2012/2013?. haha.
                                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post

That list is also Starting from 2013, Y'all do remember it was Madonna -> Beyonce back to back 2012/2013?. haha.
                                  Yeah but has not happened again ever since

Comment

Working...
                                  X