Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be fire. I think Maluma and Pitbull will join them on stage.
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• This is actually interesting. Hope they nail it.

Comment

• Pretty sure they’ll deliver

Comment

• Well it’s over
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• New spot aired!

Singer, Dancer, Producer, Songwritter, Humanitarian, Successful, Rich, Sexy, Beautiful
            Records & Awards
            Latin Legend - Global superstar
            SHAKIRA.

Comment

• Getting along? Meaning fighting? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                Getting along? Meaning fighting? lol
                Ego.

It's been told for decades that J.Lo is not someone easy to work with. I mean behind the cameras she's always had the reputation of being hard and bitchy. I don't know if it was an issue in the anglo markets but not that long ago here in Latin America there were headlines about J.Lo shading Shakira, so I was surprised when they are announced together for the SuperBowl.

Also I doubt that they chose to collaborate and share the stage on theie own choice, the SuperBowl likely hired them both whether they wanted it or not and it was up to them to accept the offer or not, considering the big opportunity it was they clearly accepted however It's very unlikely that they would collaborate spontaneously or outside this big negotiation.

I don't think they're fighting or anything but I can perfectly imagine J.Lo not getting along with Shakira and having issues with not being the main star on stage.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I'm more worried about Demi Lovato singing the National Anthem during the SB to be honest...

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post
                    I'm more worried about Demi Lovato singing the National Anthem during the SB to be honest...
                    I don't follow her, so I know little about her... but doesn't she suffer from depression or something? If so, I hope she's ready for the backlash, because judging from the few performance bits I have seen, she isn't exactly a vocal powerhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post

I don't follow her, so I know little about her... but doesn't she suffer from depression or something? If so, I hope she's ready for the backlash, because judging from the few performance bits I have seen, she isn't exactly a vocal powerhouse.

Wdym her vocals are great.

And if there’s one thing she can’t handle it’s backlash.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

the last sentence is the funniest thing here today
                        nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Demi is actually one of the strongest vocalists of today's generation of Pop stars, her and Ariana. Demi however, could be a little too Jessie J/Christina-shouty to me so it depends on how she's gonna approach the national anthem.

Comment

• ^Stone Cold is a good example of Demi's vocal range. Although if she tries to switch it up a lot it could maybe go weird like what Fergie tried to do with the anthem at that NBA game.

Anyone want to do some final guesses at the setlist?
                            Last edited by Affillate; Mon January 20th, 2020, 13:11.
                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post

Demi is actually one of the strongest vocalists of today's generation of Pop stars, her and Ariana. Demi however, could be a little too Jessie J/Christina-shouty to me so it depends on how she's gonna approach the national anthem.
                              The little I had seen from her in the past was very strained and honestly not something to write home about. Prompted by this thread however, I looked up some more videos of her singing and what I noticed was that her fans kept commenting how much she has improved over the years. Indeed her recent performances are quite good, I guess it goes to show how much the view of a "non-fan" can be distorted by not knowing the respective singer's best output.

You are right, she does remind me of Christina Aguilera (as in: blessed with talent, but sometimes straining too much / squeezing out the occasional bad notes because of inconsistent technique). If it was my choice, I'd prefer for her to do a more "laid back" version of the anthem. Too many (female) singers really overdo it with the unnecessary runs and dramatic pauses when it comes to the Star Spangled Banner.

I guess everyone just tries to make it their own (or "have their Whitney Houston moment" in one way or another), but when it comes to National Anthems that can backfire pretty easily.

Comment

• I rlly hope Shakira delivers. I would include Ojos Asi, Whenever, Wherever, Hips Don't Lie, La Tortura, Loca and Chantaje. Hopefully she won't sing Waka Waka and La La (Dare) and new song.

J.Lo will prolly include On The Floor, Jenny From The Block, Waiting For Tonight, Dinero, Get Right.
                                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• I'm not sure about Shakira, but considering that J.Lo shared clip from rehearsal performing OTF, that her dance troupe revealed they rehearsed Let's Get Loud, Ain't Your Mama and El Anillo and her creative directors confirmed that she won't perform Love Don't Cost a Think, I believe it'll be something like this.

Waiting for Tonight
                                  On the Floor
                                  Get Right
                                  Jenny from the Block
                                  Ain't Your Mama
                                  El Anillo
                                  Let's Get Loud
                                  When we lose what we love
                                  Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                  When we lose what we love
                                  Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Ego.

It's been told for decades that J.Lo is not someone easy to work with. I mean behind the cameras she's always had the reputation of being hard and bitchy. I don't know if it was an issue in the anglo markets but not that long ago here in Latin America there were headlines about J.Lo shading Shakira, so I was surprised when they are announced together for the SuperBowl.

Also I doubt that they chose to collaborate and share the stage on theie own choice, the SuperBowl likely hired them both whether they wanted it or not and it was up to them to accept the offer or not, considering the big opportunity it was they clearly accepted however It's very unlikely that they would collaborate spontaneously or outside this big negotiation.

I don't think they're fighting or anything but I can perfectly imagine J.Lo not getting along with Shakira and having issues with not being the main star on stage.
                                    That's just speculation based on media fodder. You're literally framing an entire perspective because 1 tweet used the words "not getting along".
                                    And that's how gossip starts.
                                    "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                    "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

That's what I am worried about, that she messes up the National anthem, gets destroyed on Twitter and it affects her, 'cause she has some mental issues and had problems with drugs in the recent past.

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post

That's what I am worried about, that she messes up the National anthem, gets destroyed on Twitter and it affects her, 'cause she has some mental issues and had problems with drugs in the recent past.
                                        Can we give her some credit for going to rehab and getting her life together. People who have used drugs or who has had mental health issues shouldn’t be viewed as fragile or ready to break under pressure.
                                        Lets wish her the best. Even if she has a crappy performance she will be alright. She has had them before and she has managed to bounce back. She is under new management and I don’t think she would have agreed to do this if she wasn’t ready.

Comment

• Shakira will def sing her new track. Then I predict Whenever Wherever, Hips Don't Lie, Loca and Waka Waka.
                                          Hope she delivers!
                                          VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk

PLAY UKmixPARADE Choice Awards @ Personal Charts

CHECK
                                          The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo + Deconstructing Leo 2.0 @ Personal Charts

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                            Shakira will def sing her new track. Then I predict Whenever Wherever, Hips Don't Lie, Loca and Waka Waka.
                                            Hope she delivers!
                                            I just realized that her biggest hits are also the songs I like the least from her. But I’m sure she’ll slay, regardless of the setlist.

Comment

Shakira will def sing her new track. Then I predict Whenever Wherever, Hips Don't Lie, Loca and Waka Waka.
                                              Hope she delivers!
                                              If she does a Latin track - La Tortura pls.
                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

If she does a Latin track - La Tortura pls.
                                                WOuld be amazing!!! but WITH Alejandro Sanz... without him is not the same.

Maybe Inevitable? Estoy Aqui? I love early spanish Shakira! But I think she'll focus only on her latest single and then mainly english language hits...
                                                VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk

PLAY UKmixPARADE Choice Awards @ Personal Charts

CHECK
                                                The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo + Deconstructing Leo 2.0 @ Personal Charts

Comment

WOuld be amazing!!! but WITH Alejandro Sanz... without him is not the same.

Maybe Inevitable? Estoy Aqui? I love early spanish Shakira! But I think she'll focus only on her latest single and then mainly english language hits...
                                                  Ojos Asi if we're going early. Bring those Middle Eastern sounds Shaki!
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Shakira NEEDS to do Whenever Wherever, Hips Don't Lie, La GODtura, Waka Waka and Chantaje
                                                    Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
                                                    #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X