Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened with Shakira's outfit just proves that they are not communicating or working as a team, it even seems that Shakira was set up.

The clear opposite presentation of their outfits reflects that each of them is going by their side and not crossing a single word outside of rehearsals which might indicate that rumors about them not getting along (because of J.Lo) could be truth after all.

Let's apply some common sense here, if you are in a healthy professional relationship with someone due to an assigned joint project / work you have to share with that person you communicate with your colleague at least during the time the project is ongoing, if there's an event and a genuine team work you'll likely text that person in order to ask something like: "Hey about tomorrow's event, are you going to dress formal or casual?" Or something like that, the last thing you'd want is to be out of place or ending up in an uneven situation at the event but in order to do that you need to trust and get along with your colleague. J.Lo and Shakira are clearly not friends and they (and their teams) are not communicating at all, in consequence Shakira appeared looking casual probably thinking that because it was a sports event it was ok to look that way and J.Lo went the extreme opposite overdoing her stylism and looking like if she was attending a morning wedding.

it's either that there's no dialogue between them or maybe Shakira did ask and J.Lo was like "Go casual, I will do the same" and set her up (she seems to be that kind of woman), so who knows.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri January 31st, 2020, 17:56.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
      Whatever happened with Shakira's outfit just proves that they are not communicating or working as a team, it even seems that Shakira was set up.

The clear opposite presentation of their outfits reflects that each of them is going by their side and not crossing a single word outside of rehearsals which might indicate that rumors about them not getting along (because of J.Lo) could be truth after all.

Let's apply some common sense here, if you are in a healthy professional relationship with someone due to an assigned joint project / work you have to share with that person you communicate with your colleague at least during the time the project is ongoing, if there's an event and a genuine team work you'll likely text that person in order to ask something like: "Hey about tomorrow's event, are you going to dress formal or casual?" Or something like that, the last thing you'd want is to be out of place or ending up in an uneven situation at the event but in order to do that you need to trust and get along with your colleague. J.Lo and Shakira are clearly not friends and they (and their teams) are not communicating at all, in consequence Shakira appeared looking casual probably thinking that because it was a sports event it was ok to look that way and J.Lo went the extreme opposite overdoing her stylism and looking like if she was attending a morning wedding.

it's either that there's no dialogue between them or maybe Shakira did ask and J.Lo was like "Go casual, I will do the same" and set her up (she seems to be that kind of woman), so who knows.
      You made all those conclusions based on different style outfits? Ok. Even you, as a proven J. Lo hater, could do better than that.
      When we lose what we love
      Don't think anything will ever taste the same
      Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel View Post

You made all those conclusions based on different style outfits? Ok. Even you, as a proven J. Lo hater, could do better than that.
        I mean let's be real , if those pictures don't prove they are not getting along or barely even talking then I don't know what else could prove it. It's crystal clear.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Anyone who knows J.Lo knows that she would never show up casual at any event, especially NOT at the Superbowl press conference.
          They just have different style.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• It'a more than just "different styles", what's different (even opposite) here is their etiquette for the event which is indeed strange to see.

When Beyoncé, Britney and P!nk did that Pepsi commercial back in mid-00s I remember there was also a press event in order to premiere the commercial and the 3 women (despite having very different styles and fashion sense) showed up looking even, like no one was looking extremely more elegant or less dressed up than the other one, you can tell they were clearly informed about what to dress and the etiquette of the event regardless of their “styles”.

This didn’t happen here, one thing is having a different style but appearing at the same event with such uneven dressing code or etiquette is not really normal. IMO it sums up to lack of communication.

Comment

Whatever happened with Shakira's outfit just proves that they are not communicating or working as a team, it even seems that Shakira was set up.

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in a while.
              "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
              "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Deal with it

Comment

I mean let's be real , if those pictures don't prove they are not getting along or barely even talking then I don't know what else could prove it. It's crystal clear.
                  The only real thing is that your assumptions are based on nothing. Nothing in that press conference pointed out that there was bad blood between them. People who attended rehearsals said the same. Plus, you blatantly lie that their teams don't work together. That assumption is, again, based on nothing but your JLo hating. in this leaked photo Jennifer is working with Shakira's choreographer, so stop disguising your hate by spreasing lies.

Comment

• They presented them at press conference as their own individual.
                    Shakira's style is always cosy, natural, down to earth style, very common to others. J.Lo is always styles up and glam, she would never appear that cosy as Shakira, and they don't see it as a problem, neither do I.

They are Latinas. But now all those talking who's bigger and better is stupid.
                    They're both huge, and superstars. It's true, J.Lo had huge year in USA, while Shakira is having her time all these years across the globe.

As performers and artists they're again so different. Shakira usually doesn't have many dancers, killer choreographies, visually her shows always looks simple and focused on her and her message. While J.Lo is always all over the top, many dancers, great visuals, killer choreos, great outfits.

They're both great in what they do, as individuals, and they should present them as always. I just really hope they'll join on stage for a song together.

Thinking of songs they should perform I would choose:
                    Shakira:
                    Whenever, Wherever
                    La Tortura
                    Hips Don't Lie
                    Loca
                    Chantaje
                    Ojos Asi

Jennifer Lopez:
                    Waiting For Tonight
                    Jenny From The Block
                    Get Right
                    On The Floor
                    Ain't Your Mama
                    Dinero
                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Some people trying to turn this into a pissing competition is pathetic.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Damn some of y'all are really reading too much. We've all known for years that Shakira is more casual while J.Lo is always glam'd up.

Reminds me of when Ed Sheeran performs with Beyonce at the Global Citizen Festival, except that Ed is a man.

Comment

• I mean they did this SuperBowl interview together a few months ago and Shakira wasn’t as casual and looked on par with J.Lo:

.. So honestly I don’t know what happened this time with Shakira at this recent press conference or what was going on behind the scenes for her to show up like that because she clearly looked way better in this random interview a few months ago.

Shakira might be casual but she always looks very good and well dressed up for major events. It’s a bit strange that she showed up looking like that this time.

Comment

• There's nothing weird, and nothing to investigate. It's not on us.
                            It's up to them to bring great show, nothing else. Amen

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Two hours later, you liked one of his posts.
                              Originally posted by Kaloki
                              I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                Two hours later, you liked one of his posts.
                                Chile what is that supposed to mean? Just because this one was ridiculous doesn't mean I have to dislike everything he says.

Comment

• Their joint performance will be Let's Get Loud/Waka Waka mash up.

Comment

Deal with it
                                    I'm wearing sweatpants right now so I can't deal with it on your level.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngel View Post
                                      Their joint performance will be Let's Get Loud/Waka Waka mash up.
                                      And apparently Shakira will open the halftime show, which makes sense as a strategic point since I was afraid that the ratings for the halftime concert would drop if Jennifer started and then Shakira closes, 'cause America' s attention are on JLO and not on Shakira's show.

I'm not being shady to our Colombian girl, I LOVE Shakira, I've been twice to her concerts here in Brazil and she will bring it ​​​​​on stage, but in the USA ​​Jennifer is the one that people are expecting to watch.
                                      Last edited by locoporti; Sun February 2nd, 2020, 16:22.

Comment

• It feels like there's so little hype for this half time show.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• So.....

I'll take a guess for some of these (its usually like a max of around 8 songs featured (with maybe some interludes or interpolations) going by some other years).

Shakira
                                          Whenever Wherever
                                          Objection (Tango)
                                          Hips Don't Lie
                                          She Wolf
                                          Chantaje
                                          Waka Waka

JLO
                                          Lets Get Loud
                                          Waiting For Tonight
                                          Jenny From The Block
                                          Get Right
                                          On The Floor
                                          + maybe one other of her Non-English tracks.
                                          UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Apparently, this is J. Lo setlist

1. Me Gente/On the Floor (feat. J. Balvin)
                                            2. Waiting for Tonight (Hex Hector Remix)
                                            3. Get Right
                                            4. Jenny from the Block

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                              It feels like there's so little hype for this half time show.
                                              Well, here in Latin America there is a HUGE amount of hype (because of Shakira of course). Everyone here is posting about it , it's al over the news, and everyone wants to see what Shakira will come up with.

So I guess it depends on where you live, I guess.

Comment

• I was lowkey hoping she would perform Don’t Bother since it had a lil resurgence last year + it would kill in a stadium.
                                                Originally posted by Kaloki
                                                I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• I still can’t believe that the two Queens of Latin Pop are performing together tonight I‘m so excited

Buy and stream "A.K.A." and "El Dorado" even though they’re both mediocre
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Will there be online stream? It starts at 00:30? Right????

Comment

Working...
                                                    X