Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Bowl Thread: 2021 Halftime predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLo did THAT!!!

Absolutely ICONIC!

Comment

• Yeah I also liked JLo‘s part more tbh and I was suprised that Shakira didn’t sing live
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It was the opposite for me, Shakira made the show, she looked more natural, vibrant, less forced, really beautiful, she looked like having fun and not looking like she was trying to pull a drag queen show or something like that. Also the audience / crowd was way louder when Shakira was on stage and I feel like she was just effortless and genuine, I think she had more fun and I also liked her outfit better.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Halftime show was on fire good for them!

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• That was a really great show. They DID that. But I expected nothing less from them.
              Diva!!!

Comment

• Great energy, very colorful.

Too many songs though:

Austin from Pulse:

Not the exact order, but the songs performed were:

She Wolf
                Empire
                Whenever, Wherever
                Chantaje
                I Like It (w/ Bad Bunny)
                Hips Don't Lie
                Waka Waka
                Jenny from the Block
                Get Right
                Waiting for Tonight
                Love Don't Cost a Thing
                Mi Gente (w/ J Balvin)
                On the Floor
                Let's Get Loud (w/ Shakira)

There was also a brief moment where Born in the USA was performed, which was a pretty awesome subtle political moment about immigrants.

Pretty sure Dare and Ain't It Funny both appeared very briefly too.

Comment

• Ok I rewatched and just realized that Shakira was the one playing the drums during Let's Get Loud, at first I Thought it was JLO and was surprised by it lol

Reading the comments online people seemed to have enjoyed, both of them made Latinos proud tonight.

Comment

• I rewatched and just loved everything about Shakira. Her opening was so cute with "She Wolf" then she had that rock and guitar moment with "Empire" which incorporated a Led Zeppelin beat to it, I mean anyone who includes Led Zeppelin has all the points in my book, then that brief "Ojos Asi" intro with the "Whenever, Wherever" transition was also great. The "I Like It" moment on the floor was beautiful and "Chantaje / Callaita" medley with Bad Bunny was interesting, her closing with "Hips Don't Lie" was stunning with that jump and kick at the end. She's so charismatic. Then she re-joined for the encore performance and played drums and looked amazing.

She looked young, beautiful, her hair was amazing and what I loved the most is that she was smiling, laughing and looking happy from start to finish. You can tell she had a blast. The red outfit made a great match with her hair style and color and the fire settings she used.
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Yassss!!! My girl Ashanti made it to perform at the Superbowl!!!
                      And JLos dance at the end was phenomenal.
                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• It was a great overall show, i liked Shakira's set overall more. Empire may be one of my favs by her.
                        JLo's was performance wise great as well but girl sounded rough at places

Comment

• It has been waaaay better than Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5 halftime shows, but it could have been better.

J.Lo completely stole the show. Shakira seemed the opening act. Miles behind in hair, looks, choreo, stage presence, production…
                          Shakira’s number by itself would have looked poor and cheap to me (for a Super Bowl halftime show), but it was even worse followed by Jennifer's show.

Empire? Really? Out of all your catalog you chose a #58 peaking single just to show you can play guitar?
                          Also, many songs, just a few seconds of each one, badly blended sometimes. I would have prefered less songs, but more time.

Regarding J.Lo: better looks, better choreos, attitude, costume changes (in like 7 seconds), stage, lightning… She's a true performer. Should have done the halftime show alone, imo.
                          That "Waitin for tonight" pole-dancing performance was fiiiiire. WOW.
                          Loved Mi Gente remix and On the floodr. The crowd went wild.
                          And her daughter was adorable... the girl can sing.

That last part where they shared the stage was nice, although I would have loved a bit more chemistry between them.

Comment

• Opening was totally anticlimatic, like it literally just started like that.
                            Shakira’s set was meeeessy omg. No cohesion between the songs, terrible build up. Empire as the second song, no just no. And could her lipsync be more obvious? I have absolutely no problem with pre recorded vocals, I mean....but you have to work on it.
                            Clearly she is not made for big productions.

On the other hand, miss Jennifer Lynn Lopez. You. Did. That.
                            She was made for this. The energy, the energy, the energy! Wow sis has some strong stamina.
                            My favorite part was Waiting For Tonight. The set was spectacular with the hundred dancers and J.Lo serving some amazing pole dancing.

The last part was amazing with both of them. So much joy!

Overall, I would give a 7/10. Shakira was a big letdown, but J.Lo saved the day. Who would have thought.
                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I liked both ladies a lot and thought they both did a great job but for me, Jennifer Lopez had the better night of the two - her set felt so much slicker and she did a terrific job.

Shakira’s set somehow felt a bit cheaper and she definitely came across as less rehearsed (which I know some people will like). That said, Empire was brilliant and the highlight of her set IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I don't care and I don't owe you an explanation either. I repeat, I'll post what I want in whatever thread I want and if you can't handle that then Ukmix is not for you, try Atrl instead . Also I want you to know that I don't care if you "check many J.Lo threads daily and see" my comments "everyhwere", like deal with it.

And please, there are more important things to discuss about than where I post or not, we literally have a SB show starting in minutes.
                                I don't care about ur opinion and maybe noone else in this thread as u spread hate towards jlo! But it's really annoying to see this type of comments in jlo's thread! Like get the ** out! I'm trying whatever I want so YOU have to deal with it and accept the fact that ur hating ass is all over the place for no reason!

Comment

• Damn, I was actually awake when this aired because I couldn't sleep, but somehow I completely forgot to watch it and watched Netflix instead

Will watch it later today. Glad to read mostly positive feedbacks from it though.

Comment

• Really enjoyed that. Preferred Jennifer's segment though
                                    You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
                                    I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

Comment

• Jennifer slayed! What a performer! Wow! Shakira's performance (lord the obvious lip-syncing) was underwhelming IMO.
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Neither of them impressed me,i couldn't wait for it to be finished tbh. Shakira was slightly better than JLO.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I didnt like it, they are both great performers, but the set list was a mess, too many things in there and the live arrangements of some songs were not it.

Comment

• I think the bruno beyonce dance battle is the most memorable moment of the superbowls i watched

Comment

• shakira's set was really mess. from the zero event opening to no build up, it went nowhere. having 30 dancers mean nothing when there's no creativity and great choreo to utilize them.
                                              it's really shame because her davis cup was good and that was better than this.

J.Lo as usual proved that she can do it. her set cleverly used dancers on different spot, outfit, enough amount of them for each song with clear movement. also with using different props and very effective screen effect, different colors.

Comment

• shakira should have sung Can't Remember To Forget You or Loca instead of Empire !!! that would have been much better for the superbowl

Comment

• Copying this from Pop Talk:

This was a very good and quite refreshing half hour show. I was ready to chime in with my "who did it better", but after watching the performance twice I have to say they both brought it. And if you're going to pick a favorite then you're going with what you prefer more as both ladies showed off very different personas and approach.

Shakira was (as usual) in her usual more natural and relaxed approach. I think her set was actually much smoother and she showed off a lot. I liked how she used the stage(s). And once the guitar riff of Empire came on, the crowd went wild. Even if they don't know the song (which they probably don't) the cheers were the strongest of the night. Granted, most of the people in the audience are middle aged old men who prefer rock music so it kind of figures, but those cheers do say that including Empire was a right choice. And the interpolation fit perfectly. Ojos Asi made a brief appearance. I didn't expect it, but when it came on I was so happy she did it, even if it was 30 seconds and one line only. Thank you for throwing bones to your fans Shaki (the same goes with an even briefer Chantaje appearance). She did her belly dance, body twitching moves, played the guitar, was sleazy on the floor, crowd surfed, played the drums. Nailed it! And I loved that close up during Empire when she looked at the cam. The simple nude makeup on her is just beautiful.

J.Lo's set was obviously more expensive with the lightning and the set design. I mean she's J.Lo and that's her thing we've grown accustomed to, so doing anything else would've been a surprise. She looked great, danced great - but alas she is or at least started out as a professional dancer and she kept us amazed with her dancing skills all these years, so again - we didn't expect anything less than her. Her set wasn't as smoothly mixed for me as was Shakira's, but overall it was still a great selection of songs. And can we talk about her male dancers? The pure sex going on there. I just can't. The part with the Latino kids and Born in the USA was pure genius and I'm glad she kind of went risky there a little. That's definitely worth a couple of extra points in my book. I wish she had some kind of a slower moment where she got her face closeup too, but then again I can't even think of a slower song of hers that would fit into this setlist. She didn't release that many slower songs as singles and the ones I can think of (Ain't It Funny and All I Have) just don't fit here at all.

The ending with Let's Get Loud/Waka Waka was perfect mashup.

But can we talk about the mixing? Was it them or was it the sound system? Whenever, Wherever, Waiting for Tonight and On the Floor kind of missed the oooomph I expected them to have.

To finish this off - both girls DID IT. I don't think I have a favorite as both offered their own style of a show and I liked what each of them offered. It's like comparing apples to oranges. And this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think pairing them together was a great idea.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• J.Lo proved she was far superior and the best out of the two.
                                                    Shak's lip-sync was on the Brit level, can't even lip to their own songs properly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X