Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jussie Smollett allegedly organised attack on himself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loveguru
    replied
    Well suspect tend to be innocent until proven guilty and victims tend to be victims until proven otherwise... no?

what self promo?

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    The evidence against is what they are now questioning so he is still a victim.
    They who? Which evidence are you referring to?
    How about the deposition of the two Nigerian guys? So that doesn't count? And his self-promotion?

I don't see how he is a victim to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    Sure the police has mishandled this, but saying Justin is a victim makes no sense in light of all the evidence.
    The evidence against is what they are now questioning so he is still a victim.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    Well the more the story unfolds... the police lied on him so.. A list or not. This is ANOTHER example of victim shaming
    Sure the police has mishandled this, but saying Justin is a victim makes no sense in light of all the evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    Well the more the story unfolds... the police lied on him so.. A list or not. This is ANOTHER example of victim shaming

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    1. I don't know who this thing is

2. He's not even B-list

3. No legit A-list star needs to "attack himself" in order to gain more fame Lol

4. He's pathetic for what he did, seriously a waste of human being

Leave a comment:

• Rawiri James
    replied
    You would think a publication like Variety would fact-check before publishing an article like this.

As for him not returning? Well, yes. Quite.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Lee Daniels says he wont be returning to Empire...

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Nobody runs to the TV to say “OMG, we have to watch this, Jussie Smollet is in it”. He had a pivotal role in the series but let’s not fool ourselves. Beyond Empire, no one knows who the hell he is. If you took his photo and showed it to the public, some might recognise his face but no nothing else. Not even his name. (Please keep Cookie Lion out of this y’all).

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Taraji also isn't an A lister. She's no Viola Davis or Octavia Spencer. But good sis is trying at least.

Leave a comment:

• MusicRecords
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Jussie was never a A-list actor.
    B-list at best.
    He aint no Taraji.
    lol he's not even c list

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    But once Empire ends (or would have ended if this hasn't happened) he would probably fall into obscurity and become just another TV actor going from one FOX show to another. Remember Katherine Heigl? The girl who was probably the biggest star on Grey's Anatomy and she went for big Hollywood movies. She had all the headlines all over the world (I never heard of Jussie before this and even when it was first reported all headlines said Empire star, not his name, but the shows name) and was an instantly recognizable name. And it turned out she didn't have what it takes and she's nowhere to be seen now. Being popular on just one show (and Heigl was also popular thanks to original Roswell) doesn't mean a lot. To be an A list star you need to prove your worth/pull in more than one thing.

Also Empire didn't become a hit thanks to him. He had a prominent role in it, but he was only part of the larger ensemble and the show will continue without him. Remember when Two and a Half Men continued for 3 more seasons after offing its main character played by Charlie Sheen (a much bigger star than Jussie would ever be)? And there are many more examples of shows survining much bigger cast losses. An actor does not make a show.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    It's hilarious you're trying to pull this off. So any Felicity Huffman movie back in the day was supposed to open with ≈$200 million because DH used to have more than 20 million viewers per episode? Or any NCIS main cast member?!?!? LOL. You're as off as you can be as things don't even remotely work like that.
    I'm not trying to pull anything off, I'm just saying Jussie was one of the biggest stars on Empire and those who followed the show consider him a A-lister. Then again, it's all subjective. I for instance think BET Awards is a big deal, Y'all might consider it a D-list Award show, to each his own

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Can we still watch Mariah's Infinity video and listen to their Infamous duet?
    NO... both Infinity and Infamous were wack even before the scandal

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    Well, tens of millions of people used to watch the show and Jussie was one of the biggest stars there. FACT
    It's hilarious you're trying to pull this off. So any Felicity Huffman movie back in the day was supposed to open with ≈$200 million because DH used to have more than 20 million viewers per episode? Or any NCIS main cast member?!?!? LOL. You're as off as you can be as things don't even remotely work like that.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Can we still watch Mariah's Infinity video and listen to their Infamous duet?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    The show got its lowest ratings after this scandal. Surely they'll write him off now.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Not really.
    Well, tens of millions of people used to watch the show and Jussie was one of the biggest stars there. FACT

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    The tens of millions who tuned in to Empire every week
    Not really.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Yep, me too. He's not A list. A listers are stars who can bring in a crowd. Who's gonna say (even before this): "Oh, let's go watch ________ because Jussie is in it!".
    The tens of millions who tuned in to Empire every week

Leave a comment:

• aRat
    replied
    6 pages and I still don't know who that is

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Chile I can’t tell

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    As if we give a f

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Ok y’all irdgaf

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    He's not even a B-list star let alone A-list.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
    Honestly never heard of him before this incident.
    I had heard of Empire but that's it...
    Yep, me too. He's not A list. A listers are stars who can bring in a crowd. Who's gonna say (even before this): "Oh, let's go watch ________ because Jussie is in it!".

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Honestly never heard of him before this incident.
    I had heard of Empire but that's it...

Leave a comment:

• TheRealest
    replied
    Well I’m not even sure what wypipo in America consider A-list so idk y’all

Leave a comment:

• ludichris
    replied
    Actor ordered to pay $130,000 to cover police time

Jussie Smollett has been ordered to pay $130,000 (£99,000) to cover the cost of the investigation into an alleged assault on him in January in Chicago.

Smollett has always said he is an innocent victim - the charges against him were dropped earlier this week.

But he has now been ordered to cover the costs of police officers, including overtime hours used on the case.

CBS journalist Charlie De Mar shared a letter from the city of Chicago to Jussie Smollett, demanding he pay $130,106.15 in the next seven days.

Full article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47744351

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Jussie was never a A-list actor.
    B-list at best.
    He aint no Taraji.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X