X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame Cathedral on fire

From CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...ire/index.html

This is so sad. Has anyone heard more about this?

No more infos at this point.
    But restoration team has been saying for the past few years that the monument was in a terrible state.
    Hopefully it can be saved!!!
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Awful.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

The roof has collapsed.

Comment

I hear the roof just collapsed...
          Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Hope the hunchback made it out safe...

Jokes aside, I hate when something like this happens to really old buildings and places. This is a historical building and some of the art in the there will irreplaceable destroyed. Hate this.
            Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

Comment

Wow, it's really sad.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Wow the spire is gone...even if this were to be restored, it has lost part of its historical value :(
                  Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

This breaks my heart
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Wow, this is actually terrible.

Been in Paris around ten years ago and the Notre Dame was actually my favorite thing there.

Comment

Awful!

Bizarre thing: I played Ladyhawke's first album this morning and it has been a while, and one of the best tracks on the album is "Paris is Burning".
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I'm feeling incredibly bitter right now because I am going there next month and was really looking forward to seeing the cathedral. I saw it from a river tour years ago, but not up close.

Tragic; the Parisians must be devastated.

Comment

Terrible to lose something of such historical significance.

I wonder what caused it...

Comment

I really hope it was an accident. Strong rumours about an islamic attack.

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                I'm feeling incredibly bitter right now because I am going there next month and was really looking forward to seeing the cathedral. I saw it from a river tour years ago, but not up close.

Tragic; the Parisians must be devastated.
                                Not just the Parisians.
                                It was a symbol for the whole country.
                                Terrible day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                                  I really hope it was an accident. Strong rumours about an islamic attack.

Please...

Comment

The tower has fallen, so sad...
                                    "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

As a historian and a history teacher... I cannot express my anger enough. This saddens me beyond relief. I feel WITH the Parisians, with France. This is just horrible.
                                      My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by alphamale View Post
                                        the tower has fallen, so sad...
                                        what??? ****!

Comment

I hope the structure is stable enough for it all to be restored / restaurated. This is ridiculously horrible.
                                          My Chart

Comment

It's so sad, watching it on BBC news - it's burning to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                              I hope the structure is stable enough for it all to be restored / restaurated. This is ridiculously horrible.
                                              I think the structure is the least of its worries as a lot of fine craftsmanship and details will forever be lost. That's much more valuable than basic pillar/beam/etc. system.

Comment

Awful! I went inside in 1999. You just think these historic sites will be around forever.

Apparently it’s an accident due to building works that were happening inside.

Comment

I heard someone saying "nothing will be salvaged", hope it's not true.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                  X