No announcement yet.

253 people killed and 452 hurt in terror attacks in Sri Lanka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm against blaming the whole religious communities or speculating and jumping on conslusions based on cruelties carried out by extremists but at the same time I think the time has come to admit that some religions (particularly islam, but also christianity, don't get me wrong) have anti-democratic and anti-peaceful prescriptions which is why there should be no support from any modern country's government to support religions while public education should tackle the human morality as defined by secular laws and target any forms of oppresion or indoctrination.

Comment

It's not the religions which are wrong, but what people make out of it.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
        Islam is committed to destroy humanity, deport them all before they kill your friends and family. They have done nothing but given western culture a reason to fear it.
        This is a blatant lie but it cannot be denied that it has a lot of fcked up stuff going on.
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

The death toll is up to 290 now. Pretty sure it will increase with more than 500 people injured, sadly.

So far no extremist group owned the attack, but it looks like the job of ISIS or similar extremist group. What i don't understand is why did they choose Sri Lanka?
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            What i don't understand is why did they choose Sri Lanka?
            Omg ... are you suggesting that another country should've been chosen instead?
            She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
              It's not the religions which are wrong, but what people make out of it.
              People only follow what's written in the books and the truth is that the foundation of many religions is a bloody warfare.

Originally posted by MrDash View Post
              Why are you looking for unnecessary suggestions? The question is very interesting. Understanding why Sri Lanka was targeted might help in preventing similar atrocities to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                Of course not! I'm just curious if it's just Islamic exremists or did Tamil militia get involved in this massacre? Civil war ended in Sri Lanka in 2009 and the country was stable & developping until the attacks yesterday.

Apparently some people from the government were alerted of an imminent attack but they didn't report it to PM. I hope they find the people who didn't report this to PM and prevented from taking precautions should be arrested.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Double post
                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Of course not! I'm just curious if it's just Islamic exremists or did Tamil militia get involved in this massacre?
                    I see. It seems that this little-known Islamist group, National Thowheeth Jama’ath, is the one responsible. But they're also suggesting some involvement from international organization of sorts.

Comment

I just honestly can't see how an extremist can pervert his religion such that he believes he is doing god's work. I can't wrap my head around that. Especially going after places of worship like the mosque in NZ or the churches here. The depth of the cruelty is horrific.

Comment

Death toll is now 310.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

ISIS is claiming they are behind these attacks.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Some repugnant comments in this thread.

I hope the people and the country can recover from this. The number of people affected is huge. And it’s not a rich country so I hope these world leaders help out

Comment

Death toll is 359.

An ISIS suspect caught in India a few weeks ago gave specific details about an upcoming attack and Indian intelligence passed this info to Sri Lankan government. They were also warned 2 days and even 2 hours before the attack, of an individual who is masterminding the attack. The lack of communication between PM and President prevented them from taking any caution and here's the result. Whoever responsible should resign from the government. And they said there are still terrorists at large who may have bombs with them.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Death toll now over 300!!! Update title.
                                This is very sad!!!
                                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

The death toll "currently" is at 253. They said that it's really difficult to say because the explosions were so strong that many bodies broke into parts and it's difficult to figure out what belongs to one person, etc.

Moreover, more terror attacks are "likely" to happen and a few bigger travel agencies have started to fly tourist home (e.g. TUI). The UK and German foreign offices (as well as others probably) advised travellers to not visit Sri Lanka due to the actual threat.
                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Apparently, there were three more explosions today [Sammanthurai]; 7 young Muslims got arrested, ISIS flags were found.
                                    https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...56d629dee87941
                                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

This is getting out of hand. Problem started since Easter and there are still more killings. Hopefully the authorities and the relevant parties come together to put an end to this ASAP.

Whatever happened to peace and no war ...

Comment

The awful part is 2 of the terrorists are sons of a rich businessman in Sri Lanka. They were well educated and rich and one of them had a copper factory where they probably built the bombs. And when police raided their homes after the explosions, the wife of one son exploded herself and her 3 children
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Omfg brainwashing in today's societies. Lack of education is really the biggest problem our world faces today.

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                            Omfg brainwashing in today's societies. Lack of education is really the biggest problem our world faces today.
                                            Two of the bombers were very well educated.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The awful part is 2 of the terrorists are sons of a rich businessman in Sri Lanka. They were well educated and rich and one of them had a copper factory where they probably built the bombs. And when police raided their homes after the explosions, the wife of one son exploded herself and her 3 children
                                              Shocking to read this!

Comment

Two of the bombers were very well educated.
                                                Very well educated? Clearly they weren't. Just because they come from rich families, doesn't mean they are well educated.

Comment

Education doesn't mean the same in every place of the globe. You won't say that Donald Trump and the likes are not educated, will you? There are also religious schools and universities that, while educating, also brainwash people.

Comment

Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                                    Education doesn't mean the same in every place of the globe. You won't say that Donald Trump and the likes are not educated, will you? There are also religious schools and universities that, while educating, also brainwash people.
                                                    Agreed. Knowledge can be both useful and dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X