This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    He didn't say only gays listened to ABBA though, he said everyone listened to them (straights + gays).
    i love the empiric foundation here and your support.
    My Chart

Comment

Total available certified units:

The Rolling Stones 99 million
      ABBA 63 million
      >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
        Total available certified units:

ABBA 63 million
        Yeah because going by certifications is a good logic

Total certified units US:

Rihanna 200 million
        Last edited by MrLeonix; Fri June 14th, 2019, 21:27.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

The Rolling Stones:

- 23 Studio Albums
          - 26 Live Albums
          - 25 Compilation Albums
          - 32 Video Albums
          - 3 EPs
          - 120 Singles
          - 7 Box Sets

ABBA:

- 8 Studio Albums
          - 2 Live Albums
          - 7 Compilation Albums
          - 5 Video Albums
          - 73 Singles
          - 3 Box Sets

--

Of course The Rolling Stones will have more certifications . . In fact ABBA has a more impressive total when you consider how relatively few material they released.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

lol..
            My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              Since only about 3% of all males on planet earth identify as exclusively gay... the heteros are truly the majority of human males on this planet and therefore your shade is rendered pointless.
              Firstly gheys compromise 10% of the GP.

Secondly I said Everyone (aka 100% ) like ABBA while only str8 men like Rolling Dung → 100% - 51%(women) -10% (gheys)= 39%.

GODBBA win.
              COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                Yeah because going by certifications is a good logic

Total certified units US:

Rihanna 200 million
                What even are you trying to prove with this? Rihanna is much bigger, more impactful and legendary AND has sold more copies than Rolling Dung.

If anything this just proves that acts who appeal to str8 men's taste are waaaaaayyyy too overrated (thanks to patriarchy) since their receipts or level of impact doesn't warrant that status / praise.
                COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                  What even are you trying to prove with this? Rihanna is much bigger, more impactful and legendary AND has sold more copies than Rolling Dung.

If anything this just proves that acts who appeal to str8 men's taste are waaaaaayyyy too overrated (thanks to patriarchy) since their receipts or level of impact doesn't warrant that status / praise.
                  In The Rolling Stones' defense I do think they are uncertified (as most artists are anyway, ABBA included) but my main point is that certifications could mean anything beacuse they're not really the only requirement to make a legend, at this point we all know that people like Justin Bieber or Flo Rida can get more certifications than Tina Turner, but let's be real we know who the legend is.

The legacy, how much impact you had, the long-lasting impression and timeless relevance of your songs is what will turn you into a legend at the end of the day and in that scenario both, The Rolling Stones and ABBA are legends.

Perhaps (and despite being more of a Rock guy) I'm a bit more biased towards recognizing ABBA as bigger legends because here in Latin America their songs are bigger so I sense them bigger, The Rolling Stones are massive and global touring staples but I would lie to you if I'd say that you will be hearing RS songs over here that often, on the other hand it's pretty usual to find and hear ABBA's songs everywhere and all the time over here such as "Mamma Mia", "Fernando", "Dancing Queen", "The Winner Takes It All", "Chiquitita" or "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)" because they're timeless / always current tunes, the masses know their songs here on the same level they know Queen or The Beatles songs.

Anyways, maybe this thread should get closed? It's not about neither Beyoncé or Dionne anymore

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post

you are so deprived, honey. seek help.

The RS remain the 2nd or 3rd biggest band ever on planet earth, no matter what kind of deprivation you've experience and are still subjected to.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      Classic UKMIX, turning yet another thread into “XX is bigger than XX”.
                      So true.

Especially when all that matters is Kween, Ms Minogue and DuaLips.
                      Originally posted by SummerPeur
                      Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                      Originally posted by Goldmoney
                      So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellus View Post
                        So true.

Especially when all that matters is Kween, Ms Minogue and DuaLips.
                        I don't even know who any of those are. Today is Springsteen day... them kids in the back shud learn, appreciate and follow the GP on this.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Does the average person know at least 3 Springsteen songs? I know in the hood that number is in the negatives.
                          Originally posted by beredy
                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            Does the average person know at least 3 Springsteen songs? I know in the hood that number is in the negatives.
                            I would say he's off the radar for the new / younger generations but the adult audiences shouldn't have a problem recognizing some songs from him, after all just his album "Born In The U.S.A" alone yielded 7 top 10 hits and his Academy Award winning song "Streets Of Philadelphia" is often considered one of the greatest songs of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                              I would say he's off the radar for the new / younger generations but the adult audiences shouldn't have a problem recognizing some songs from him, after all just his album "Born In The U.S.A" alone yielded 7 top 10 hits and his Academy Award winning song "Streets Of Philadelphia" is often considered one of the greatest songs of all time.
                              I think that people who are educated and have a certain income (above average kind) pretty much all love Springsteen. That's my experience tho. My family is a huge Springsteen stan circle.

Germany has always been one of his biggest markets. Him, Adams, Collins, my beloved Williams, Clapton, are the legends of my generation and my country.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                I don't even know who any of those are. Today is Springsteen day... them kids in the back shud learn, appreciate and follow the GP on this.
                                Oh?

Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Most Played Artists/Albums Year End History

2004 Artists
                                03. Mariah Carey

2004 Albums
                                02. Mariah Carey - Butterfly

2005 Artists
                                01.(03) Mariah Carey

2006 Artists
                                02.(01) Mariah Carey

2006 Albums
                                04. Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi

2007 Artists
                                03.(02) Mariah Carey

2007 Albums

2008 Artists
                                01.(03) Mariah Carey
                                05.(NE) Kylie Minogue

2008 Albums
                                01. Mariah Carey - E=MC²
                                04. Kylie Minogue - X

2009 Artists
                                01.(01) Mariah Carey

2009 Albums
                                02. Mariah Carey - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

2010 Artists
                                03.(01) Mariah Carey

2010 Albums
                                06. Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You
                                09. Mariah Carey - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                  Everyone knows / uses GODBBA while only str8 men know / use The Rolling Fads.
                                  First of all the idea that you "use" instead of "play"/"listen" or "enjoy" music irks me. Second if you are implying that Abba are far more important and legendary in the LGBT community than the Stones that's definitely true, however since that community counts for under 10% of the population, I don't know how that makes them more legendary in total.

Abba are legends don't get me wrong. And personally I do like them much more than the Stones (although I am a big fan of neither). However one has to recognize the truth. The stones were more successful and more important than Abba.
                                  jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Working...
                                  X