Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrLeonix
    Legend
    • 13 Jan 2013

He should take it like a man like Britney did in 2007 when "Blackout" was going to be #1 and the rules were literally changed 1 day before the publishing (which resulted in "Blackout" debuting at #2 thanks to the last-minute rule change). Britney gave a d*mn.

Billboard can do anything they want, their charts = their rules. DJ Khaled is just a bad loser.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Artoo
      • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by MrLeonix
      He should take it like a man like Britney did in 2007 when "Blackout" was going to be #1 and the rules were literally changed 1 day before the publishing (which resulted in "Blackout" debuting at #2 thanks to the last-minute rule change). Britney gave a d*mn.

Billboard can do anything they want, their charts = their rules. DJ Khaled is just a bad loser.
      2007ney has other things to worry about
      I don't need no good advice, I'm already wasted​.

Comment

• MrLeonix
        Legend
        • 13 Jan 2013

Nah, he's just a baby and acting dumb. There are better things happening around the world to worry about. Imagine how self centered you could be in order to cry for a #1 debut and take legal actions

He's lame.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Artoo
          • 01 May 2005

You’re letting your distain cloud your judgement. If Britney has planned an album campaign and strategy around something Billboard has confirmed would be counted, then decided not to, you’d have much more to say on the matter.

Personally I don’t care about the US charts, but I do believe in integrity.

Comment

• MrLeonix
            Legend
            • 13 Jan 2013

Originally posted by menime123
            You’re letting your distain cloud your judgement. If Britney has planned an album campaign and strategy around something Billboard has confirmed would be counted, then decided not to, you’d have much more to say on the matter.

Personally I don’t care about the US charts, but I do believe in integrity.
            You don't get it. . . Fans reactions is not what I'm criticizing (let alone what reaction I could have or not), the way an artist reacts under these circumstances is what I will judge. Artists shouldn't act childisn under these situations.

Billboard was not arbitrary or biased, they stated that they noticed suspicious activity in his bundles, they had a reason for not counting the bundle and DJ Khaled should just accept that.

Every time they had made rule changes there's always a reason. Nothing is random when they do stuff like this.

Comment

• DnBLover
              Legend
              • 21 Dec 2009

The asshole even putting IGOR on the same sentence as the piece of trash he had others make for him. Idiot.
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Artoo
                • 01 May 2005

The artist’s reaction? My god, stop being such a snowflake

More artists need to speak their mind and express their truth. The entire music scene is so boring because everyone is afraid of negative social media commentary nowadays. It annoys the life out of me - traditionally popstars are outspoken (and no, not just on social issues).

Let him express his disappointment. Let him sue. Let him feel victimised. It’s the closest anyone has gotten to being even the tiniest bit rock n roll in months

Comment

• MrLeonix
                  Legend
                  • 13 Jan 2013

This is not Rock N Roll though . . this is Kanye West egocentrical level type of stuff, when he's mad because he didn't win something.

Hopefully Billboard discloses the fraudulent bundles he attempted to do and exposes him. Those bundles must have been really fishy in order to get disqualified like that.

I don't like it when artists try to play smart by manipulating numbers in a dishonest way. They always end up getting caught fortunately.

Comment

• Goldmoney
                    Site Supporter
                    • 01 Aug 2009

Let us not forget this sophisticated moment...
                    Originally posted by DOSSOME
                    Since 2005, neither she nor any artist alive or otherwise has managed to release or even record anything better than We Belong Together.

Comment

• DnBLover
                      Legend
                      • 21 Dec 2009

Originally posted by menime123
                      It’s the closest anyone has gotten to being even the tiniest bit rock n roll in months
                      This is the least rock thing of the year. Caring about charts? How is that rock and roll?

Comment

• aang
                        • 27 Dec 2007

I'm re-watching the GRAMMY's performance of "Wild Thoughts" and the fact that Rihanna for once gave us a full very well-choreographed performance for a song she's only featured on, while the 'main artist' was just standing there giving a speech to the audience.

Comment

• bm08
                          • 07 Apr 2013

People dismissing Khaled as just a "hype man" as though he didnt produce every track on his album - something other artists in different genres cant even accomplish. This is increasingly common for big name Hip Hop producers. See Mustard.

But go off on him as a "hype man" when many of your faves were happy to get on this album with him.
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• DnBLover
                            Legend
                            • 21 Dec 2009

Originally posted by bm08
                            People dismissing Khaled as just a "hype man" as though he didnt produce every track on his album - something other artists in different genres cant even accomplish. This is increasingly common for big name Hip Hop producers. See Mustard.

But go off on him as a "hype man" when many of your faves were happy to get on this album with him.
                            What? DJ Mustard makes beats. DJ Khaled essentially only executive produces. He gets people together and pays them to make music, slaps his name on it and sells.

It's fair but he is not an artist.

Comment

• Loveguru
                              Legend
                              • 26 Mar 2009

His whole album has so many producers for a producer LOL
                              Forever Young

Comment

• bm08
                                • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by Loveguru
                                His whole album has so many producers for a producer LOL
                                You mean like how songwriters have so many other songwriters on their albums?

Comment

• BeeBoy
                                  Superstar
                                  • 25 Dec 2008

But they usually sing as well then, or do they put albums out but just wrote a couple of lines and have no input in anything else besides saying "Another One"?Thing is his creative input is supposed to be the production but he doesn't even do that. It's not like he just lets some others produce some of the songs with him, like a featuring. He is just not an artist, he just wants to be famous and pays other's to help him achieve that.
                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Goldmoney
                                    Site Supporter
                                    • 01 Aug 2009

He’s nothing more than a glorified talent scout
                                    Originally posted by DOSSOME
                                    Since 2005, neither she nor any artist alive or otherwise has managed to release or even record anything better than We Belong Together.

Comment

• bm08
                                      • 07 Apr 2013

Originally posted by BeeBoy
                                      But they usually sing as well then, or do they put albums out but just wrote a couple of lines and have no input in anything else besides saying "Another One"?Thing is his creative input is supposed to be the production but he doesn't even do that. It's not like he just lets some others produce some of the songs with him, like a featuring. He is just not an artist, he just wants to be famous and pays other's to help him achieve that.
                                      Producers tag lines are annoying but I dont see it as being thattt big a deal. Mustard/Murda Beatz also have their "murda on the beat" tag or Jermaine's "You know what this is"

How do we know how much he is involved in his work? I may have missed this.

Even being a talent scout takes...talent?? Getting these artists to come together takes at least some A&R knowledge which should be celebrated beyond just labelling him a hype man.

Comment

• LittleLinda
                                        Superstar
                                        • 25 Sep 2008

Originally posted by bm08
                                        Even being a talent scout takes...talent?? Getting these artists to come together takes at least some A&R knowledge which should be celebrated beyond just labelling him a hype man.
                                        A&Rs don't chart though. Artists chart. Since there is no chart for "most successful A&R" and he still charts, then yes, he can rightfully be labeled a "hype man", because from an artistical viewpoint that is indeed all he does on his records.

Comment

• DnBLover
                                          Legend
                                          • 21 Dec 2009

DJ Khaled's biggest hit "All I Do Is Win" doesn't even have his name on the credits

Comment

Working...