No announcement yet.

Scooter Braun Buys Taylor Swift's Masters, Drama Ensues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that is why i am like Taylor signed this earlier....

as a since she knew beatles thing. As a singer song writer she knew her worth and she undersold it so... she should have lived and learnt
    Forever Young

Comment

That Big Machine statement is good. I still feel that Taylor feels hurt, but she went for some other things trying to secure the best she can for herself and BM went and did the same. It's business people. It's ruthless. This should've been kept between themselves.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Well she was 15 when she signed her first deal with them I believe?
        The big machine article has screenshots of negotiation points for a new contract and it looks like the new deal would've been that she owns all her masters, videos and photographs at once. I don't know what to believe anymore. Would be easier for me if she didn't put the Lover album promo in her statement... A mess
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I thought it was the german Scooter who purchased the rights. Would have been fun to see the Hi-NRG remixes of Taylor's songs
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
            Well she was 15 when she signed her first deal with them I believe?
            The big machine article has screenshots of negotiation points for a new contract and it looks like the new deal would've been that she owns all her masters, videos and photographs at once. I don't know what to believe anymore. Would be easier for me if she didn't put the Lover album promo in her statement... A mess
            Her parents and also they would have had a lawyer...

this is not new.. news her now she is almost 30.

She would have known better now moving forward.. everyone sacrifices something early in their career sometimes
            Forever Young

Comment

when i say everyone.. i am including the very day person in there
              Forever Young

Comment

Sorry but it feels like she’s playing the media, saying things her fans expect her to say and acting like the little miss innocent she always tries to be. Taylor, you turn 30 in a few months. It’s time to grow up and stop playing the eternal victim.
                M08T10

Comment

Scooter's wife says Taylor was asked if wanted to buy her masters. If so, she should've bought them, she has loads of money, she can afford them.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The irony is all this is happening after "calm down" with all the name calling again
                    Forever Young

Comment

I read something along the lines of the offer she had from Big Machine was that she would only get the rights to one master for each new album she put out or something weird like that.
                      Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Scooter's wife says Taylor was asked if wanted to buy her masters. If so, she should've bought them, she has loads of money, she can afford them.
                        I think the problem is they never offered her the masters only. She would've needed to renew her contract with them again. It's not like Scooter only bought her catalague, he had to buy the whole label. The label new that her songs were the thing that even made it worth anything.
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                          I read something along the lines of the offer she had from Big Machine was that she would only get the rights to one master for each new album she put out or something weird like that.
                          Yes but in their statement, the said they offered her everything at once if she signed again.
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I think the problem is they never offered her the masters only. She would've needed to renew her contract with them again. It's not like Scooter only bought her catalague, he had to buy the whole label. The label new that her songs were the thing that even made it worth anything.
                            Or maybe it because she wouldnt be able to afford to buy her masters outright so maybe that was a way to negotiate an equal payment out for her.

Taylor has money but she is NOT that rich though to be forking that money out
                            Forever Young

Comment

Yes but in their statement, the said they offered her everything at once if she signed again.
                              I think their statement is half true. I think Taylor's one is half true as well.

I think you need to combine the two and get the whole truth
                              Forever Young

Comment

messy and funny.
                                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Perfectly legal and normal transaction, yet Taylor acts like a victim. Seems like that's her specialty (even to someone like me, who doesn't really follow news about her).

Comment

Lol, Taylor girl. You're not the first artist who doesn't own the masters of your songs (and you won't be the last artist under those circumstances either). Stop playing the victim and picking up on stupid dramas every time you have a new album to release.

Honestly this is just another situation where she wants to feel "special".
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Taylor is the bully here, she knew what she was doing with that post, trying to make herself look like a victim again, and those puppets that she has on speed dial to back her up... This woman is such a snake.

Comment

She also acts like this guy spent hundreds of millions just to mess with her.
                                        M08T10

Comment

This will backfire on her.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Tayloo hun,

You Need To Calm Down
                                            Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

So can the OP post some articles or tweets or something?
                                              COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                So can the OP post some articles or tweets or something?
                                                Here's a good summary of what's happening so far.

Comment

Kim K should make an offer.

Comment

I think she should have been offered to purchase her master's at a reasonable price, she's the only act that made the label be what it is. Of course, a business is a business and her master's are the label's selling point, but it's unethical when you put all the pieces together, specially to a man that has no ethical tactics. To each their own

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                                      Perfectly legal and normal transaction, yet Taylor acts like a victim. Seems like that's her specialty (even to someone like me, who doesn't really follow news about her).

which is incredibly grating
                                                      Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                                        Kim K should make an offer.
                                                        omg that would be iconic
                                                        Forever Young

Comment

This topic is pressed. I think it all comes back to deep rooted misogyny

#TeamTaylor
                                                          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer View Post

#TeamTaylor
                                                            Please elaborate, because this entire forum is incredibly supportive of female stars.
                                                            M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer View Post

#TeamTaylor
                                                              Misogyny? In what way just because the record label ceo and Scooter happens to be men? If Scooter was a women, what would you have called this then? The whole problem is that Scooter and Taylor are not on good terms with eachother. But had Kim Kardashian bought the label, she wouldn't have been happy aswell. Nothing to do with gender.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X