Mark Ronson comes out as sapiosexual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Ronson comes out as sapiosexual

'Shallow' hit-maker Mark Ronson puts brains before looks as he comes out as sapiosexual

Chart-topper Mark Ronson has come out as sapiosexual. In case you're not familiar with the term, it means being attracted to intelligence above other traits -- or, in other words, putting brains before looks or gender.

Ronson, 44, is known for a string of successful collaborations with A-list artists from Amy Winehouse and Adele to Miley Cyrus. This year, he won the Oscar for Best Original Song with "Shallow," interpreted by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper in Hollywood's latest reimagining of "A Star Is Born."

Speaking on ITV's Good Morning Britain on Thursday, he said: "I feel like I identify as sapiosexual." Anchors Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway congratulated him on being "out and proud."

Author Nichi Hodgson appeared on the show earlier, defending the term. "The definition of sapiosexuality means intelligence first," she said.

"I have dated men, women, transmen, transwomen, and across the gender spectrum and identify now as bisexual," she added. "The thing that has linked all these people has been their brains."

Arguing that research on the subject validates the term, Hodgson said: "We know that a certain percentage of the population is also sapiosexual. They just might not know it themselves, because we haven't used the term before."

"It's always existed, we just didn't have a word for it," she said.

Ronson heard the exchange as he waited backstage. He admitted he didn't know there was a word for sapiosexuality until he heard it on the show.

In the interview, Mark Ronson also spoke of his divorce from French actress and singer Joséphine de La Baume last year, and his friendship with Miley Cyrus and her recent split from Liam Hemsworth.
    Congratulations king Mark on your erm, “coming out”.

Jesus...The pretentiousness of it all.
    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Sooo if you're gay or straight or bisexual you can't put intelligence first? Oh my, some of these terms are just outright ridiculous. In trying to make everything wide and not label it in more traditional views, people are coming up with so many roll eyes worthy labels.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        Jesus...The pretentiousness of it all.

Comment

This Nichi Hodgson sounds like she's confusing terms. What she describes in her quote, to my knowledge, is pansexuality, but she goes on to say she identifies as bisexual.

Comment

Oh, hush.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I guess I just found out I'm sapiosexual
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Lemme come out too

Comment

I'm Idiosyncraticsexual yall, just wanted to let you know. And don't judge me for it or I will be offended.
                  "Lift up your head
                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                    I'm Idiosyncraticsexual yall, just wanted to let you know. And don't judge me for it or I will be offended.
                    I could smell that on you a mile away
                    The sands of time fade into dark
                    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                    A message to madness
                    Feel music that's realness

Comment

I've had enough of this crap now.
                      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Whatever next

Comment

this is getting too much. lol

Comment

Cute way of saying you’re bisexual

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                              Everyone these days needs a label!!!!

Comment

At this stage, LGBT is widely accepted by Western societies, leading to such pretentious terms as 'sapiosexual' - it's basically no longer a big deal what gender Mark Ronson is sexually into. However, LGBT status is still illegal in 33 out of 54 African countries - not even talking about marriage or social acceptance. And that has to change the soonest possible...
                                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                and everything you stand for?
                                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Comment

You drew stars around my scars

Comment

It sounds a little like the definition of 'demisexual' (sexual attraction only to someone they've formed a strong emotional bond with) although at first I thought it sounded like a tree hugging fetish hearing the name (sap=trees... anyone?) Haha.

It is becoming a tad bit pretentious though you have to admit, but whatever..... good on him, you do you Mr Ronson. Haha.
                                      UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

I am sapiosexual as well I guess because I am not attracted to stupid men.

Comment

He’s issued a public apology for coming out...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                            He’s issued a public apology for coming out...
                                            WHAT?
                                            Ugh...he has an album coming out right?
                                            "Lift up your head
                                            Lift up your heart..."

Comment

He already released one of the best albums of the year a few months ago
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                I am sapiosexual as well I guess because I am not attracted to stupid men.
                                                #MeToo

Comment

So... he is basically gay. Couldn't he just say that? We don't need a gazillion stupid labels for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                                                    So... he is basically gay. Couldn't he just say that? We don't need a gazillion stupid labels for the same thing.
                                                    You basically just implied that women are stupid.

Comment

How intelligent is intelligent enough for him?

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                        At this stage, LGBT is widely accepted by Western societies, leading to such pretentious terms as 'sapiosexual' - it's basically no longer a big deal what gender Mark Ronson is sexually into. However, LGBT status is still illegal in 33 out of 54 African countries - not even talking about marriage or social acceptance. And that has to change the soonest possible...
                                                        What on earth does this have to do with LGBT+ people? I bet he meant women. And if not, there are labels such as bi/pansexual that are free from this classist pretensiousness.

You sounds like we got all the rights and now are making up random/unnecessary terms, when in fact, big chunk of queers is nowhere near accepted.
                                                        Last edited by Serby; Sun September 29th, 2019, 00:44.
                                                        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                                                          eh...that is not what he said at all

Comment

I'm a part of the LGBTQ group and I honestly don't understand all of the labels and definition BUT I live and let live. I respect everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X