39 dead bodies found in a lorry container in Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 dead bodies found in a lorry container in Essex

The bodies of 39 people have been found in a lorry container in Essex.

Police were called by the ambulance service shortly before 01:40 BST after the discovery at Waterglade Industrial Park in Eastern Avenue, Grays.

The lorry driver, a 25-year-old man from Northern Ireland, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Essex Police said the vehicle travelled from Bulgaria and entered the UK via Holyhead, Anglesey, on Saturday.

Early indications are that 38 adults and one teenager have died, the force said. There were no survivors.
    This is horrific. RIP to all the victims.
    late.

So sad and tragic but I can't quite wrap my head around this piece of news.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

What a terrible way to perish, they must’ve all been so scared.

Comment

One of the worst news stories in years, what a horrid way to die.

RIP to all of the victims, that’s 39 families impacted - potentially hundreds of people.

Comment

This is crazy. They've named the suspect who I actually have a friend in common with. However he picked up the truck an hour before the shift. He checked it before going to sleep. Found the bodies. Called the ambulance etc himself. Yet the media have released his name and picture. If he's innocent this is awful.
          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
            This is crazy. They've named the suspect who I actually have a friend in common with. However he picked up the truck an hour before the shift. He checked it before going to sleep. Found the bodies. Called the ambulance etc himself. Yet the media have released his name and picture. If he's innocent this is awful.
            Wow if that’s true, that’s a horrible thing to do to an innocent person.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
              Wow if that’s true, that’s a horrible thing to do to an innocent person.
              He's been released without charge yet they still keep posting about him being a 'suspect'. Awful for him and the family.
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                He's been released without charge yet they still keep posting about him being a 'suspect'. Awful for him and the family.
                He should sue the papers if he's innocent
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                X