• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father slits son’s throat for being gay

Photo:

Spoiler!

Father Slits 17-Year-Old Son’s Throat for Being Gay

Once again we’re reminded of the horrific actions religion causes toward our community; as always in heartbreaking proportion.

Originally from Iraq, Seran M was residing in Switzerland with his Muslim family when he woke up one day with his father standing over him holding a knife.

“Are you gay? Are you gay?” he fired, before launching at his 17-year-old son with the weapon. Seran was lucky to have been able to fight his father off, and with neighbours alerting the emergency services, he was airlifted to hospital. Thankfully he survived, but Seran suffered severe injuries to his neck, arms, back and chest.

Speaking with local news reporters, Seran – who had always hidden his sexuality from his father, said: “Fortunately, my father missed the carotid artery, but the trachea was badly injured. I had to be put in an induced coma.”

Seran said that the injuries will “accompany me for the rest of my life”, and admitted he is undergoing professional help to get over the trauma of the attack. Saying he is “a freer person than before” the incident.

Adding, “My mum is ashamed of what happened. But I hid for long enough, this is the end of that now.”

After sharing the images on social media, Seran was flooded with messages of support and now was to help other LGBTQ people of the Islamic faith.

“Get help if you want to come out [as gay]. We are living in 2019 and my dad wanted me dead because I am attracted to men. I just cannot accept that.”

Personally, I’ll never understand how any human being could worship an invisible God so much they act like this to their own flesh and blood.
    Just horrific, breaks my heart.

Before I opened the thread I knew it had to be one of those muslim countries.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Wish there was some type of warning in the title. Seeing that photo the first second you click on the thread was... sad.

Comment

Just awful. So horrific and sad
        Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          This literally could have been anywhere. My initial and admittedly ignorant suspicion was the southern states.
          Uk the only way

Comment

What a ******* dumb thing to say. Ew.

Comment

Please add a warning in the thread title saying contains graphic photographic content or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                Homosexuality is illegal in most Islamic countries
                >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                  And...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                    And...?

Comment

Homophobe acts may occur all over the world, but there are places where they are more likely due to the legal state of homosexuality there. It, unfortunately, is still the case that homosexuality is illegal in 70 countries, including optional death sentence in 26 of them. And as much as Western countries focus on more progressive LGBT-topics (which is great and shows how much has already been achieved), their main short-term goal should be to act upon those 26 countries to annul the death sentence for homosexual acts - asap!
                      Regarding that aforementioned young man: It's really a pity that he has to go through all of this just to live out his sexuality. More people from conservative backgrounds should learn that homosexuality is not a result of education but of biology, and that the relationship between child and parent does not depend on the gender the child sexually prefers.
                      ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

And...?
                        Illegal and punishable, sometimes death penalty applies.
                        Islamic societies are much more hostile towards homosexuality and more obedient to their faith.
                        Don't act like you don't know it.

Comment

This was huge in the media here last month. Really shocking, but he‘s so brave to make this story public.

The family is from there, but it didn‘t happen in a ‚muslim country‘

Comment

Vile.

I'm glad he survived and I hope he can find a stronger support network.

Comment

like switzerland?

the stupidity

Comment

Because fundamental Christians are so warm and welcoming towards gays...

Not to mention it happened in Switzerland, where being gay is legal, but attempted murder, regardless of the reason, is not.

If only the world was as black & white as you think it is...

Comment

Disgusting.

Lock that psychopath "father" up for life.
                                  Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
                                  #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

I cannot believe someone ranked this topic 5 stars...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                      I cannot believe someone ranked this topic 5 stars...
                                      Leak it.

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                        Disgusting.

Lock that psychopath "father" up for life.
                                        He should have his ass sent back to Iraq and live there. He doesn't deserve to live in a civilized country.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          He should have his ass sent back to Iraq and live there. He doesn't deserve to live in a civilized country.
                                          How about we let the Swiss judicial system handle his punishment? The idea of everyone but the „good foreigners“ being sent back to their country (even if they’ve possibly never even lived or been there) is just plain racist. There’s a legal system for a reason afterall.

Comment

The father must be expecting some ‘heavenly’ reward for ‘teaching’ his son

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                              The father must be expecting some ‘heavenly’ reward for ‘teaching’ his son
                                              Satan will fark him in his arse.
                                              My Chart

Comment

99% of the time it's true.

Comment

Working...
                                                X