K-Pop Star Goo Hara passes away at 28, police still investigating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-Pop Star Goo Hara passes away at 28, police still investigating

Deepest condolences to her family & friends, may she rest in peace! Her best friend, another idol named Sulli passed away a few months ago.

But really though, South Korea and the whole Korean entertainment industry really REALLY need to do something about this.

Oh no, did she commit suicide?

What an awful age to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Oh no, did she commit suicide?
      No report yet but she did attempt to commit suicide back in May but she was immediately hospitalized and survived.

Comment

RIP :( She was really having it hard especially the past few years after she left KARA. I was hoping she would be doing better after her previous attempt but... :(

I'm just too sad about this.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
          No report yet but she did attempt to commit suicide back in May but she was immediately hospitalized and survived.
          Goodness me, that’s very sad.

Is there an issue in the Korean music industry with things like this?

Comment

Awful news, it's just to sad :-(
            R.I.P.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            Goodness me, that’s very sad.

Is there an issue in the Korean music industry with things like this?
            Well, as Abi pointed out in another thread, kpop is a 'a product of their society'.
            The Korean culture is very closed, they don't talk about mental health. It's also a very competing culture. You have to do your best all the time and work hard, otherwise someone else will take your place. It led to a competitive music industry as well. Some idols train years just to make their debut in a group, and there a horrible stories about labels not treating their groups right. People like Goo Hara just keep everything inside becouse it's not suitable to talk about mental health, until it sadly became too much.....

I agree that something needs to be done.
            You drew stars around my scars

Comment

^Yup that's right. It's not specifically about the K-Pop industry, it's more about the whole Korean society as a whole - whichever industry you're in. You are expected to always give perfection in every way.

As for Goo Hara's case I feel like she had been thru a lot in her private lives as well. I didn't really follow her but I remember reading that her ex-boyfriend threatened her to leak some of her private videos online because of an issue or something. Also Sulli's passing a few months ago definitely impacted her a lot.

Comment

Yet their society isn’t doing something about these suicides ... (nothing that I’m aware of anyway).

Comment

Working...
                X