Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson RIP

Marie Fredriksson, the lead singer of Roxette, has died age 61. It's believed she died of a brain tumour that she'd had for 17 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50730052

For me, they were one of the all time great pop acts - though I didn't really get to appreciate the full spectrum of their music until their two greatest hits packages in the early 00s.

this is so sad!
    they had so many hits...a great loss to the world of pop music

You Love The 90's Dance Era?
    http://www.1.fm/station/partyzone90s

Comment

Very sad, RIP.

Loved the song from Pretty Women - It Must Have Been Love.

Comment

This is sad, they had some tremendous songs.

RIP Marie.

Comment

No!!!!! That's so sad! I have always LOVED Roxette; their songs bring back so many great memories. RIP Marie :(
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

R.I.P. Marie
            trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
            trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

My God.. just yesterday I've listened to her song which I immensely adore Half A Woman, Half A Shadow, and today I read this tragic news.. Thank you Marie for your music which remains in my heart eternally. Physically you're not here anymore, but your voice is eternal! RIP Marie!
              P.S I so much hope that it will come one day when a cancer medicine will be developed.🙏
              Last edited by Christinamuse; Tue December 10th, 2019, 14:19.
              https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
              https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

RIP Marie.

Comment

17 years wtf. Rest In Peace.
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Grew up listening to their songs
                    One of my favorite groups.

Marie had a great voice.

Ironically, they have an alternative version of their mega hit "it must have been love", entitled "Christmas for the Broken hearted".

Rest in peace
                    [center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

Noooooo!!! OMG
                      MARIAH

Comment

I am devastated. I adored her and Roxette's music. They were so massive in the 1990s. One of the first acts I knew in my life. A great great loss for me personally.
                        My Chart

Comment

So sad. Rip

Comment

Very sad. I love Roxette, they were the first music act I bought music from back when I was 8 and will always have a soft place in my heart.

I had the chance to see them live in Buenos Aires back in 2012 and you could tell she really had a tough ride with her cancer.

Her voice was powerful, her stage presence great, and they created many outstanding tracks that I feel they are enormously underappreciated.

RIP Marie, thanks for everything, you will be remembered.
                            VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk

PLAY UKmixPARADE Choice Awards @ Personal Charts

CHECK
                            The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo + Deconstructing Leo 2.0 @ Personal Charts

Comment

Part of my childhood. RIP
                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

So sad! They were part of my childhood and teen years. I especially loved their 1999 album, what a great comeback

Last edited by mykka; Tue December 10th, 2019, 19:34.

Comment

A piece of me died with her. Such fond memories.
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

So sad to hear this! R.I.P.

Comment

Me and my friend were huge Roxette fans around the time of the "Look Sharp", "Joyride" and "Tourism" albums. We totally loved them and since she had a car (she was older than me), she also had those tapes on repeat. Also Sweden was the first non-Greek-speaking country I ever visited (it was summer of 1991) and back then Roxette's music (plus Crystal Waters' "Gypsy Woman") seemed to be everywhere. It was an amazing time to be a kid and an amazing time to be in Sweden musically.

RIP Marie... you were surely loved by many many of us that you didn't even know...
                                      jio CHARTS NOW:24/2/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10352834

Comment

R.I.P
                                        MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

So sad, poor Marie. Great pop act.

Comment

Their Christmas take on It Must Have Been Love is absolutely stunning - very subtle differences in melody but really beautiful.

Comment

I remember when I first watched "The Look" on MTV, video was so cheap but the song and... that girl were so powerful! Soon "Dressed for Success", "Listen to Your Heart", "Dangerous" came, and Marie and Per were everywhere!
                                              Silly fact: I started English sequence of tenses thanks to "It Must Have Been Love" (mmmh... remember: IT MUST HAVE BEEN... BUT IT'S OVER NOW), so many, many memories, of that spring and summer of '89, among Like a Prayer, Rhythm Nation, Forever Your Girl there was this "little" Swedish duo. Immortal, like all the stars.
                                              RIP Marie, for ever missed.
                                              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

Very sad news!, she was such a talent. Roxette left a strong legacy.

Comment

May she rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X