X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Williams slams Jessie J - ''I give her 18 months''

OUCH!!!

Robbie Williams slams Jessie J: 'She's not going to last long, is she'

Robbie Williams has called into question the longevity of her career - saying he expects her career to be over before the end of 2014.

When speaking to a Dutch TV show, the 38-year-old claimed her music career would be finished in a matter of "18 months".

"She's not gonna last for very long, though, is she?" he is reported as saying on the show. "She's great, Jessie. I give her 18 months."

According to The Sun, Williams has also criticized the 'Price Tag' singer for her role as a judge on TV talent show 'The Voice'.

He explained how he has become apathetic towards the constant 'sob stories' of the contestants on the show.

"I don't watch it, sometimes it's very difficult to go on the 'emotional journey' with the contestants'.

"I'm exhausted with how many times I'm to go on the emotional journey with this person who had a hard luck story and then da, da, da, da, blah, blah."

The 'Angels' singer also joked that he would be well capable of being a judge on a TV talent show, but feels no need to do so.

He added: ""I'm sure I'd be a good judge", before adding: "But no, I've got a career. So..."

It remains to be seen how his comments will be received by Williams' Take That bandmate Gary Barlow, who is currently taking part in his second series an X factor judge.

Just last month Williams and Barlow appeared together on the show to host a contestant master class, and Williams performed live on the show.

It has been a successful couple of weeks for Williams. Last week his new single 'Candy' shot straight to the top of the chart. Yesterday his new LP 'Take the Crown' also topped the album chart.

The singer has recently become involved in a war of words with Radio 1 breakfast show presenter, Nick Grimshaw.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/77583/ro...st-long-is-she

More articles about this

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/robbie-willia ... -interview
    http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/celebr ... c-industry
    BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

He can gtfo. Let's see if his album can reach 500k.

* stan mode off *
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by serbia95riri
      He can gtfo. Let's see if his album can reach 500k.

* stan mode off *
      well he will massively outsell her internationally.
      My Chart

Comment

Nothing personal. I just don't like what he has said.

Comment

Wow, he's so blunt.
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Who's Jessie J???
            I'm by Robbie side.
            There's only one Queen
            and that's MADONNA.

Comment

I never understood why he's that successful, his current song is just blah... But i think he could be right with what he said. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                I never understood why he's that successful, his current song is just blah..
                i agree his current song is blah.. but during his peak (2000-2005) he was unmatched in popularity in Europe. His tours were spectacles and his music had mass appeal beyond compare..
                My Chart

Comment

Robbie is slowly going to turn into Elton, isn't he?
                  My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                    well elton bashed madonna.. robbie is bashing jessie j.. a BIG difference.
                    My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
                      Originally posted by NothingFails
                      well elton bashed madonna.. robbie is bashing jessie j.. a BIG difference.
                      lol, but Elton started smaller. I remember when he slammed Ashlee Simpson in 2004 or 2005
                      My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Will be interesting, to be fair the UK has not had a good reputation for sticking with their female popstars...

Duffy, Pixie Lott, Corinne Bailey Rae, Kate Nash, Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis - NEED I SAY MORE?! (well there probably are more

Will be interesting to see how Jessie's 2nd album will go, I think she will remain successful for a while as unlike the other girls (well bar Pixie Lott maybe) she's managed to build some sort of brand for herself

Comment

My 2 cents now. I think it's very honest but also brutal and a bit cruel. I mean imagine Jessie when she hears this, she might be a big fan of his or maybe not but still she probably liked and respected him. What will she think of him now? It's hurtful for anyone to be slammed by someone older, more experienced and successful.

But at the same time, his prediction is interesting, considering how UK does have this tendency to turn it's back on it's own successful females. It will be interesting to see if his prediction turns right or not.

Comment

^ I think it may be something deeper behind his statement. Or maybe I' just wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                              Duffy, Pixie Lott, Corinne Bailey Rae, Kate Nash, Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis - NEED I SAY MORE?! (well there probably are more
                              They way they REMOVE them. *rip*
                              P=MC2's Top 20
                              Originally posted by Merci
                              Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

I noticed celebrities only start slamming others when they are worried about their own career..

Nicki, Mariah, Madonna, Gaga, Elton, Robbie, Kylie, Britney.. The list is endless..

I haven't heard Rih moan about Rita yet, or Adele about Katy, or Justin about One Direction..

Comment

Jessie will last.. If not as a singer (which would be really sad IMO, her voice is amazing) then as a songwriter.. Her songs are fantastic..

Comment

We don't stick by female solo stars, no. Which is a shame. I think it's telling that the most successful solo female act is Geri Halliwell - and her 4 #1 singles are still a UK record. Of course, Adele might take that record soon, but we shall see - the rate of work Adele does, I can her announcing retirement any day now!
                                    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Rita only needs one more #1 as well.. And she only started this year..

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab95
                                        I noticed celebrities only start slamming others when they are worried about their own career..

Nicki, Mariah, Madonna, Gaga, Elton, Robbie, Kylie, Britney.. The list is endless..

I haven't heard Rih moan about Rita yet, or Adele about Katy, or Justin about One Direction..
                                        did i miss something?

but you might have a point. jealousy.
                                        My Chart

Comment

I don't see how Robbie could be jealous at Jessie or really worried about his career with both No1 single and album in the country right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                                            I don't see how Robbie could be jealous at Jessie or really worried about his career with both No1 single and album in the country right now.
                                            + most likely on the european chart as well.
                                            My Chart

Comment

I like Williams, but I don't get thoses free attacks. There's probably some background rivalry or something 'tween these 2...
                                              You ain't gotta break down,
                                              YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                                                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab95

huh? Robbie is #1 on Uk singles charts and album charts...why would he be worried about his career?
                                                  "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X