Originally posted by Wayne
    Big day in the UK today for gays!
    whats happening

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
      Big day in the UK today for gays!
      whats happening
      The House of Lords final reading today of the Same-Sex Marriage Bill, which they're expected to pass - which essentially means it'll become an Act of Parliament soon, i.e. law!

Comment

It has passed! Royal Ascent is expected later this week and then they just need to implement it! AT LAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
          It has passed! Royal Ascent is expected later this week and then they just need to implement it! AT LAST.
          Yep, excellent news!

Comment

Great news indeed!
            My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Great news!
              Originally posted by Bsquared
              I hate to disagree with you @Dior because you are so handsome.

Comment

Better late than never, phenomenal news!
                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Finally legal: Queen gives gay marriage the Royal Assent

Britain has legalized gay marriage after Queen Elizabeth II gave her royal stamp of approval.

House of Commons Speaker John Bercow told lawmakers on Wednesday that gay marriage had become enshrined in law— the day after the bill to legalize same-sex marriage in England and Wales cleared Parliament.

The Queen's approval of the Marriage (same sex couples) Bill was a formality, and now clears the way for the first gay marriages, the first of which are expected to be conducted by Summer 2014.

The bill enables gay couples to get married in both civil and religious ceremonies in England and Wales. It also will allow couples who had previously entered into a civil partnership to convert their relationship to a marriage.

However, religious organisations will have to 'opt in' on performing gay marriages.

The British government introduced the bill in January and proposals were finally approved by MPs and peers on Tuesday.

Prime Minister David Cameron had backed it, but it divided his Conservative Party and touched off strident debates in the House of Commons and House of Lords.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-8714340.html
                  I wonder if we'll ever see a same-sex royal wedding
                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

I think it's more likely we would be a republic before then
                    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

yay
                      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

but what about scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                          but what about scotland?
                          I wondered this... and Northern Ireland? Separate acts required for them?
                          I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

Its legal in England and Wales, not legal in Scotland and Ireland.

Comment

Its legal in England and Wales, not legal in Scotland and [Northern] Ireland.
                              Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

Neither Ireland nor North Ireland have legalized it, so it's the same meaning anyway.

Comment

Serby I love your new avatar

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                                      Its not legal in the Republic of Ireland either - which means its not legal in all of Ireland.

Whilst The Republic of Ireland doesn't form part of the UK, they are holding a referendum on same sex marriage next year.

And the part of Ireland that does form part of the UK - Northern Ireland - currently has no plans to review same sex marriage.

Comment

Germany is so far behind. They aren't even considering to make gay marriage legal. We need to vote out the CDU.
                                        Originally posted by Brad
                                        I admire Putin

Comment

Originally posted by supernova1
                                          Germany is so far behind. They aren't even considering to make gay marriage legal. We need to vote out the CDU.
                                          Not just Germany, but the majority of the countries...at least being gay is not a sin there and you wont be persecuted like in a lot of other countries !!!

Comment

Originally posted by supernova1
                                            Well, even in the UK the majority of the ruling party's MP's voted against it. It was only passed because enough voted with the 2 other main parties. Still quite a lot of prejudice out there.

Comment

Still much more better than in most of the Europe (or world).

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                                                Yes, I am very concerned at what is happening in Russia particularly :(
                                                And as for Uganda, well........so sad that humans could treat other humans like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madgefan
                                                  Originally posted by Serby
                                                  Yes, I am very concerned at what is happening in Russia particularly :(
                                                  And as for Uganda, well........so sad that humans could treat other humans like this.
                                                  the only reason why russia is not collapsing is because of their vast oil/gas/ resources. period.
                                                  http://youtu.be/vIKsfP-1fu4

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy94
                                                    Its not legal in the Republic of Ireland either - which means its not legal in all of Ireland.

Whilst The Republic of Ireland doesn't form part of the UK, they are holding a referendum on same sex marriage next year.

And the part of Ireland that does form part of the UK - Northern Ireland - currently has no plans to review same sex marriage.
                                                    I think a lot of TD’s here in Ireland are for Gay Marriage but I can’t see it being passed TBH, I hope it will though. there are a lot of bigoted/religious catholic people here, most of them older but there are some younger ones too. For instance, a friend of mine was talking about a guy she knew coming out, I asked her was there something wrong with that and she said it was disgusting , no wonder I haven’t come out :(

Comment

Working...
                                                    X