Brandy's Performing for the Chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandy's Performing for the Chairs

''This weekend gone, r’n'b signer Brandy was in South Africa to perform as part of the Nelson Mandela Sport and Culture Day at the country’s FNB Stadium.

Amazingly, according to reports from the ground only 40 people attended the show. We knew Two Eleven was slept on, but 40 is pretty punchy when the venue seats 90,000.

Granted, it seems to be the case that after a day of live performance and sport at the stadium, people simply weren’t informed that Brandy was playing, rather than the singer’s stock dropping that low, but it’s still a shocking day at the office. Brandy performed two songs before leaving.''

whole article here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...th-Africa.html

Her biggest audience in years...
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Ouch, that must have hurt!

That being said, title made me think she was performing in exchange for the chairs.
      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO

Comment

She was called at the last minute, and the audience didn't know she was performing. Brandy and R. Kelly are popular in S.A.

At least she performed two songs. I would have left with the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84

Originally posted by Thriller
            Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Comment

Omg this is awful. I've always loved Brandy even though I do find her extremely arrogant and conceited these days. Maybe a reality check for her.
                "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Originally posted by aaliyahman
                  Omg this is awful. I've always loved Brandy even though I do find her extremely arrogant and conceited these days. Maybe a reality check for her.
                  Arrogant? I only saw nice interviews by her - in one of them she was even celebrating a rather small accomplishment of the latest era, what means she keeps it real.
                  But I don't follow her private life, gossip and such things so I might be the misinformed here!

Comment

Poor Brandy. :( I read on twitter it was broadcast on national tv?

Comment

Originally posted by Wardo
                      Arrogant? I only saw nice interviews by her - in one of them she was even celebrating a rather small accomplishment of the latest era, what means she keeps it real.
                      But I don't follow her private life, gossip and such things so I might be the misinformed here!
                      Exactly. Promoting her last album, she has been very humble and down to earth. She explained how she lost her self confidence after the accident... and how she was re-gaining it.... Not arrogant at all

Poor Brandy... Whoever that was in charge of the event should be fired.

Comment

Receipts? :-?
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by GUS

Yes. This wasn't an embarrassment out of calculation (a la inauguration lipsync) . It was a last minute call to get a "surprise" singer in a place during bad timing.

I heard there were trains that took people from the stadium, and the traffic was awful. So it's standard for people leave an event when they aren't aware of her performance to avoid traffic.

I hate that she's a casualty of this and people are "getting their life" over this mishap. I'm also annoyed that people are acting like she's a has-been there.

Comment

Originally posted by GUS
                            Originally posted by Wardo
                            Exactly. Promoting her last album, she has been very humble and down to earth. She explained how she lost her self confidence after the accident... and how she was re-gaining it.... Not arrogant at all

Maybe he was talking about the interview where Brandy said she didn't like Beyonce's "Grown Woman" and that she thinks the R&B scene is really stale right now hence she made her recent album to save the genre, or something to that effect.

Comment

Poor girl. how embarrassing for her! :-?

LOL at aaliyahman calling her arrogant because she doesn't like Grown Woman, well according to Cless.
                              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Poor Brandy gurl, this isn't even the #1 Aussie news story, it's #5 in the entertainment sub-section.
                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                                  Poor Brandy gurl, this isn't even the #1 Aussie news story, it's #5 in the entertainment sub-section.

I heard in an interview that even the seats wanted to bust out
                                  Frank Ocean

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy

LOL at aaliyahman calling her arrogant because she doesn't like Grown Woman, well according to Cless.
                                    Hey that's not all I've posted. It was actually Bow Down.

Link: http://www.vibe.com/article/watch-brand ... y-williams

Comment

Originally posted by Valentino
                                      I heard in an interview that even the seats wanted to bust out
                                      #dying

Comment

That's what happens when you put it down.
                                        The Emancipation of Jack Daniels

Comment

Lies!! There were 42 people. Some people really want to make her irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by grooveboy
                                            Lies!! There were 42 people. Some people really want to make her irrelevant
                                            the cleaners dont count
                                            what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Cless
                                              Originally posted by CrazyCrazy

Hey that's not all I've posted. It was actually Bow Down.

Link: http://www.vibe.com/article/watch-brand ... y-williams

Well, she was very respectful. She said she loves Beyoncé but she doesn't love "Bow down". She was honest. I didn't see anything arrogant about her.

Comment

OMG this topic...all these posts!!
                                                "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

Touring legend.

Let's hope she doesnt drive the tour bus.
                                                  P=MC2's Top 20
                                                  Originally posted by Merci
                                                  Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X