Kendrick Lamar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick Lamar

So yeah, people here obviously won't care about a male artist thread, not to mention a hip hop artist. But I hope some will still check the thread out. Just in time for his next album.

There's a pretty great interview with Kendrick for the Complex magazine.

I really enjoyed reading the article. Amazing use of gifs too.

http://www.complex.com/covers/kendrick- ... ver-story/

I'm glad Dre will produce again on the album. Hope he can offer Kendrick his best beats. Really interesting that he recorded 40 songs. I bet he will record more (Just like on Good Kid).

I'm so hyped for the album...

wait, new album?

Comment

Yup. Basically confirmed for this year. Untitled tho.

It will be released in September.

Comment

So much for September.

I can't wait anymore, seriously.

Comment

I can wait tbh as long as he brings out a masterpiece when it's finally time. Good Kid, m.A.A.d City will be hard to top, so I get why he needs time.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalFighter
            I can wait tbh as long as he brings out a masterpiece when it's finally time. Good Kid, m.A.A.d City will be hard to top, so I get why he needs time.
            I know. This is what scares me. That was SUCH a powerful, artistic piece of work. But I'm sure he'll come with his A-game.

I hope he continues having some commercial success but not for commercial sake... rather, I like that millions have heard his music and he's not a novelty act.
            I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

So Kendrick is the only rapper who can restore my faith in hip hop this year... I just can't believe, how bad this year was for hip hop. I still have to check out T.I's new album, but I doubt it's going to be mindblowing. But all other releases were just way too unimpressive...

Come on Kendrick! It's time to finish the work in the studio and bring the album out!

Comment

Originally posted by truthless
                So Kendrick is the only rapper who can restore my faith in hip hop this year... I just can't believe, how bad this year was for hip hop. I still have to check out T.I's new album, but I doubt it's going to be mindblowing. But all other releases were just way too unimpressive...

Come on Kendrick! It's time to finish the work in the studio and bring the album out!
                and scrap i while we're at it

Comment

I'm not expecting anything as brilliant as KGMC, albums like that don't come very often (can't believe we got three in 2012).

That said, I'll be disappointed if we don't get the great hip-hop album that's needed right now.
                  late.

Comment

a new track called King Kunta has been played for a bunch of people in the studio and is apparently very good. here for 90s hip hop vibes.
                    late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                      a new track called King Kunta has been played for a bunch of people in the studio and is apparently very good. here for 90s hip hop vibes.
                      Thanks for the news. Sounds really good. I can't wait to hear the new track.

I hope the album will be released very soon... I can't wait to buy it.

Comment

Kendrick Lamar is my absolute favorite hip hop artist now and is miles better than the trash that has come out this year and previous years! Can't wait for is sophomore release!

Comment

Rosenberg from Hot 97 Radio had an early listen on the new album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkuCNRC2Nk4

Oh my...

Release that damn album already Kendrick.

Comment

ugh where's the album? did 'I' flop?
                            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Originally posted by Merci

technically yes! Though I Love that song but new music is always welcomed from him!

Comment

Originally posted by MO_FAN95
                                Originally posted by Merci

technically yes! Though I Love that song but new music is always welcomed from him!
                                I agree!
                                "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Kendrick might release the album in early 2015.
                                  "Crime is increasing
                                  Trigger happy policing..."
                                  -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

Yeah. Sadly "i" didn't do that well. It didn't make it into the top 10 on urban airplay afaik.

The song deserved more. Although it was polarizing the hip hop community big time. So it was a risky choice. But I think it paid off, it even was nominated for a Grammy and has a chance to win it. And I doubt the album release has anything to do with that. Kendrick has been living in the studio for a long period now ..

But yeah since Itunes will not allow new releases to be released during Christmas time, I doubt we will see the album this year. Which is a bummer, because Kendrick was talking in a recent interview about how J. Cole and he basically put out their albums at the same time, which makes no sense because his album isn't even out nor has it a release date.

I'm crossing fingers for January. If not, then I won't surive it till February.

Comment

https://soundcloud.com/jaba2/untitled-l ... ert-report

omg. . Love the background production. He's always pushing it. The Jazz influence is daaamn fine.

That song sounds really damn good. Kendrick man, come on... Hype is of the roof... If it wasn't already.

Dude is goat.

Live performance on The Colbert Report.

Edit: Youtube link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zr9YagWL3w

Comment

yes!!!!!!! I can't wait now! It's so good!

Comment

I seriously downloaded the audio file of the performance. I never do that actually. But damn.. I need him to put it on Itunes NOW.

Comment

I remembered when I saw him at The Hangout Festival! He was great!

Comment

Kendrick Lamar - The Blacker The Berry

Another track -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhXSoKa8xw

Not sure where the track fits. Hopefully from the new album.

Sounds really good on the first listen. Damn. Kendrick brings the house down.

Edit: Wait TDE uploaded the track. Basically Kendrick's label.

Wooooooot. Now on the third listen and it sounds damn good. Thats what I call diversity. Amazing.

Comment

Awesome!
                                                I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Congrats to his two Grammy wins this year after last year's unforgivable seven losses!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X