Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Phillips

http://m.kost1035.com/onair/mark-wallen ... -12796144/

New interview and what a beautiful acoustic performance of Hold On!

Chynna's live vocals today still sound as good as her studio vocals back in 1990. Unbelievable!!!
    She does look old though. Carnie and Wendy have still hold on to their beauty.
    My Instagram... - Click here

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/wils ... -says.html

A new Christmas album? Acappella this time.
    Could be good, although we already have three Christmas albums (Carnie solo, Carnie & Wendy, Wilson Phillips together).

Comment

I know about and have listened to them, My mom liked them, they were massive in 1990. They're a bit cheesy but they sing and harmonize very pretty , I think they were the ideal act for all the moms out there. Their song "You're in love" is cute.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

They were indeed very good in harmonizing!

Comment

Best girl group ever IMO.

Their debut album had three #1 hits and is still one of my most favorite albums ever.

Their second album, though less succesful, is even better IMO.

Comment

http://www.billboard.com/articles/pop-s ... f-all-time

They made the Girl Group Top 10.

Comment

Hold On>>>>>

Comment

Man, I love Wilson Phillips (said like Melissa McCarthy)

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix
                  I think they were the ideal act for all the moms out there.
                  Such a sweeping statement.
                  My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

their debut album (produced by glenn ballard ) was very solid. all 5 of the singles were hits, and there wasn't any filler on the album, imo. next to you (someday i'll be) is a favorite album track of mine.

I remember their second album coming out with lead single you won't see me cry.... the intro of the song was massive... its a good song overall, but wasn't enough to keep them on top and marked the beginning of the end for their mainstream success. give it up was a very cheesy and mediocre 2nd single which, while going top 40 in the states, was utterly forgettable.

i also recall chynna phillips's failed attempt at a solo career shortly thereafter in the mid 90s. she looked great, but the single was meh.

all that said, their harmonies and overall sound remains unique and memorable, and obviously hold on is an all-time massive classic/favorite for the masses, even if its because of its cheese factor.

Comment

They were cool. I only liked Hold On. They reminded of one of those act who were wildy popular because of their family name and not their talent. Don't get me wrong they were talented to say the least. But it had to do more so with their family name attached to it.

Comment

^ i think it was because the album was THAT good, regardless of who they were. it just had strong radio-friendly material on it, and it was a new sound that was fresh and appealing. i don't think you can ever sell over 10m copies of one album, let alone have 6 top 20 hits in a row because of who you're related to.

Comment

"Hold on" is their biggest classic for sure, but am I the only one that prefers the other singles to it?, All "Release me", "Impulsive", "You're in love" and "The dream is still alive" are better than it IMO. The harmonies on the "Hold on" verses are epic tho.
                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by clayton75
                            ^ i think it was because the album was THAT good, regardless of who they were. it just had strong radio-friendly material on it, and it was a new sound that was fresh and appealing. i don't think you can ever sell over 10m copies of one album, let alone have 6 top 20 hits in a row because of who you're related to.
                            Never heard the album. But kudos for them making a name for themselves nonetheless. I just remember people judging them based who they knew (associate), not their talent. I disgress though.

Comment

I love their first album. The sound of Wilson Phillips is so different than anything else, it's truely their own sound.

Their first album is brilliant, every song.

But their second, though less popular, is way more amazing both lyricly and music wise.
                              Those songs really take me to another world.

I also like to mention their version of Elton John's Daniel. Just beautiful.

Comment

[youtube:1cr7r7ci]hh7jFGN1rwU[/youtube:1cr7r7ci]

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
                                  http://www.billboard.com/articles/pop-shop/girl-group-week/5901266/top-10-girl-groups-of-all-time

Where are the Spice Girls?

Comment

Originally posted by red3269
                                    Originally posted by RayRay
                                    http://www.billboard.com/articles/pop-shop/girl-group-week/5901266/top-10-girl-groups-of-all-time

Where are the Spice Girls?
                                    They get enough recognition.

Comment

I don't know how they became so big with the first album they can't even sing

Comment

Originally posted by JokesieTheClown
                                        I don't know how they became so big with the first album they can't even sing
                                        You must be joking. Their voices complement each other and their harmonies are everything. But also solo they have gifted voices.

Comment

Wilson Phillips released a new recorded version of their #1 hit Hold On.
                                          Don't know why though. It doesn't add anything new to the song and makes you want to listen to the original 1990 version.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                            Wilson Phillips released a new recorded version of their #1 hit Hold On.
                                            Don't know why though. It doesn't add anything new to the song and makes you want to listen to the original 1990 version.
                                            Imagine if Kween does that for VOL.
                                            Originally posted by Kaloki
                                            I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Gee...such a shame they didn't take the opportunity to change it up a bit. I mean, most singers will have figured out some alternative vocal licks/improvements or instrumental production after performing it for 30years. Their voices still sound ok - just thinner and reedier but that is to be expected with age.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                                Gee...such a shame they didn't take the opportunity to change it up a bit. I mean, most singers will have figured out some alternative vocal licks/improvements or instrumental production after performing it for 30years. Their voices still sound ok - just thinner and reedier but that is to be expected with age.
                                                That's what I don't understand. Because they didn't change a thing (not even the adlibs), you hear their voices are thinner and the music is not as solid. If they had changed it up: differently arranged and completely different production, it would be hard(er) to compare and it would have replay value.

Comment

I LOVE Wilson Philips! Their first album is FLAWLESS. Hit after hit after hit. Their 2nd album was solid too and I love You Don't See Me Cry. Too bad their commercial success was short lived. They deserved better.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X