No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's also disrespectful these days is that streaming has made it too easy to erase some of the records of the past. You have a problem when you have fans of so-called big artists like Dua Lipa/Cardi B/Ariana flagging streaming numbers as though it's comparable to what the legends did on physical.

Not only does it diminish what the legends have achieved in some ways it's insulting. The general public are mostly dumb, they wouldn't be able to differentiate.

Getting a Diamond Single today is not the same as the biggest hit back in the 80s or 90s.

Comment

• Not a big fan of Memoirs these days......but Treacles recent video does have me excited at the possibility of something bigger than the usual Hd videos/remix EPs.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
        What's also disrespectful these days is that streaming has made it too easy to erase some of the records of the past. You have a problem when you have fans of so-called big artists like Dua Lipa/Cardi B/Ariana flagging streaming numbers as though it's comparable to what the legends did on physical.

Not only does it diminish what the legends have achieved in some ways it's insulting. The general public are mostly dumb, they wouldn't be able to differentiate.

Getting a Diamond Single today is not the same as the biggest hit back in the 80s or 90s.
        I like you but this is kinda hypocritical. You have no issue celebrating the streaming numbers of All I want for Christmas is you and have no problem celebrating when it erases achivements of sales other female singles achieved in the physical era. I mean you cant be pro streaming when it suits and anti streaming when it doesnt !
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          I LOVED this performance, I remember watching it live online like it was yesterday. Her voice, aesthetics and everything were so on point and she was just gearing up for the comeback of all comebacks! Legendary!
          thanks for sharing

I know!
          Probably at that time most of the album was done - well except maybe GOAT and her best lead single

I loooove her hair like that, and those performances were amazing!
          In the clip the sound comes from the "audience", her tone in that lil snippet is just >

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
            The post about Money was random, though I dig that song. A rare gem in MIAM
            I love the song, I don't like her nasal vocals on it.
            But the track per sť is amazing.

Comment

• I prefer much more the Angels Cry remix with Ne-Yo rather than her solo version. Same with Up Out My Face with Nicki. On the other hand, I prefer much more her solo versions for the two tracks released in the Chanteuse Deluxe, so I am not sure I want the whole thing or not.
              CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
              FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                That's a good sign. So she's skipping the EP's this week. I think that can only mean one thing: we're getting MC vs JS and Angels Advocate instead! Hope we won't have to wait too long.

I think she's just skipping MOAIA this week 'cause she's focusing on Valentine's Day.
                Probably there's something more coming along with the WBT performance (I hope it's more than the cookies ).

We're not getting Angels Advocate

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  Lord in heaven, I want Skydiving
                  Be patient

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    I can't believe people want them horrible Angels Advocate copy and paste remixes. I mean does anyone actually listen to the ones she tacked onto MIAMTEC ?
                    Thank you, next.

Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                    16 months that's a lot!

But I want that ceremony to happen, that would be a #moment for her, she deserves all the flowers and obviously be the spotlight

Comment

On streaming sweetie.
                      And in HQ audio.
                      That's probably the most gorgeous she's ever sounded.

Comment

• Da Brat really said butterfinger my tangerine
                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          That's the biggest problem... nobody could actually make one of her more legendary and therefore more demanding songs work, other than herself.

I fully agree that a line-up like that would be depressing... albeit they are all talented people. Let's just hope that Mariah live to 120 or so... so that we don't have endure such tributes.
                          I disagree.
                          I'm totally here for tribute/s.
                          Yeah, her songs are the hardest to exist, yet some singers can make it work (e.g. Kelly R. when she performed Fantasy).
                          Also I don't find that line-up depressing. That's the generation she influenced and those girls have some pipes.
                          I'd love JoJo, Tori, Ari, Leona (why not?), JHud and also the others with more "legendary" status that she definitely influenced: Bey, Xtina (not gonna happen but should), Kelly C. Add Celine and that would be a dream.
                          Last edited by Shaka; Thu February 11, 2021, 04:31.

Comment

• Is anyone else having trouble with love story & I’m that chick downloading on Spotify?
                            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                              What's also disrespectful these days is that streaming has made it too easy to erase some of the records of the past. You have a problem when you have fans of so-called big artists like Dua Lipa/Cardi B/Ariana flagging streaming numbers as though it's comparable to what the legends did on physical.

Records can be broken, but the legacy of the artist is another thing.
                              Mariah's discography is untouchable. And also her contribution to the music industry and impact - even after all the fiascos she went through.

She has songs universally loved and she will be always remembered.

Yeah, records are cute but the general public doesn't care for certifications or #1 debuts, only fans do that.

Comment

I like you but this is kinda hypocritical. You have no issue celebrating the streaming numbers of All I want for Christmas is you and have no problem celebrating when it erases achivements of sales other female singles achieved in the physical era. I mean you cant be pro streaming when it suits and anti streaming when it doesnt !
                                Funny how thanks to the Streaming Era she has secured a hit 2 months Era every year WW lmao who else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                  I prefer much more the Angels Cry remix with Ne-Yo rather than her solo version. Same with Up Out My Face with Nicki. On the other hand, I prefer much more her solo versions for the two tracks released in the Chanteuse Deluxe, so I am not sure I want the whole thing or not.
                                  I prefer all her solo versions.
                                  Last edited by Shaka; Thu February 11, 2021, 04:35.

Comment

• Her whistles during TEOM/TAOM were FIYAH.

Some rare ones here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Funny how thanks to the Streaming Era she has secured a hit 2 months Era every year WW lmao who else?
                                      Brenda Lee, Wham, Michael Buble, Kelly Clarkson, Andy Lee, Bobby Helms, Jose Feliciano, Dean Martin, Chuck Berry… did I miss anyone???

Comment

• They do amazing. Mariah dominates.

Comment

• Justin B is performing his 'Journals' album for TikTok concert on Valentine's Day.

I would've loved if Mariah would've done more than one performance, like Valentine's Unplugged or something like that.

Comment

• I like him. He's hilarious.

Also I love how he became a lamb so quickly since the first time he reacted 'cause he wasn't familiar with her music until a few months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by barney1814 View Post

Brenda Lee, Wham, Michael Buble, Kelly Clarkson, Andy Lee, Bobby Helms, Jose Feliciano, Dean Martin, Chuck Berry… did I miss anyone???
                                              You missed the part about being #1 because nobody else has that in dozens of countries every year. Glad to see you've emerged from the abyss Ewok... best go back before sunrise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post

You missed the part about being #1 because nobody else has that in dozens of countries every year. Glad to see you've emerged from the abyss Ewok... best go back before sunrise.
                                                Nobody also has fans as delusion as Lambs.but that’s a different story I guess…

Why are you calling me an Ewok?

Comment

• Do you think MC30 will be moved to next week because of Valentine's and her performance?
                                                  Don't we usually have HD videos by now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Be patient
                                                    Now!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X