Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I'm not sure if that's the full version.

Anyway, it's amazing, I will be happy with a HQ audio.

Mariah asked for it to Timba, so we're gettin' it at some point I guess.
    Well this is good! She should release it as a single if it’s good! I just want her to have a smash again.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I guess Busta is on his own time with uploading the Where I Belong video officially
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The pause in MC30 was so unexpected

After WBT late night vocal slayage reignited her inner-studio rat, she was like, I’m feeling inspired, bye!

We know she’s been recording, but it’s been a while which makes me curious if the studio time is for MC30 and Chick or something different entirely

The ABMB Runaway Bunny mix was probably recorded last year since the trailer debuted in early March, those film and TV things don’t come together quickly
        Last edited by allygdale; Fri March 19, 2021, 19:18.

Comment

• I'm not sure if I'd say it's unexpected. Perhaps the length of time it has been paused is unexpected.

I would've hoped she'd have a lot more of the things in order by now after the first couple of delays - which arguably were beyond her control.

But, hopefully, the delay is worth it!

I do think we've been spoiled for such a long time having something to look forward to each Friday, even if it was something small.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Well this is good! She should release it as a single if it’s good! I just want her to have a smash again.
            It sounds like a hit but she will need a hot collabo (Bruno, Drake, Abel)... and even then it could flop.

It will end up as gift for the lambs I'm sure - either for MC30 or for another Rarities album (which I'd love!).

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              I guess Busta is on his own time with uploading the Where I Belong video officially
              Apparently the director uploaded it on his VIMEO Channel "accidentally". That's what I read.

I'm sure it's coming next Friday.

Comment

• "New" old interview from Rainbow era:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/t2iEoZvc6b3HZWwHA

Comment

• Personally, I'm fine with the pause on MC30.

It was too much every week for me, I didn't have the time to listen to all the EPs.

I used these weeks to catch up with all of 'em - since the very start.

Also I've been blasting The Rarities and WBT(MLNM) Original and Extended.

And enjoying Where I Belong now

Comment

• I really think she should've waited to release The Rarities, perhaps. It got overshadowed by TMOMC in some ways. Not sure what time would've been better though.

Comment

• Btw, The Runaway Bunny is being released in just 6 days, on March 25th, so we're also getting the new ABMB rendition in less than a week.

I hope she uploads it on her YT/VEVO Channel that same day.

---

P.S. In the official video it says "Featuring musical performances by Mariah". Are we getting more than one?!

Comment

I really think she should've waited to release The Rarities, perhaps. It got overshadowed by TMOMC in some ways. Not sure what time would've been better though.
                        I think she just released it for the lambs to enjoy.
                        Yeah, the memoirs definitely overshadowed the album - even if she was "trying" to mention it during the interviews, it got lost everytime LOL.
                        I don't think there would've been a "better time" last year 'cause she was working on many things.
                        Seems like it was a "I'll have to release it now or wait for the next year" situation. And that wasn't her plan I guess.

Comment

• OT but we're already on page 100 (third thread)!

Comment

• Mariah Carey - How LONG Each Studio Album Took To RECORD!

She recorded Rainbow like "bye gurls"

WOW @ MCIIY & Caution.

And MIAM was a mess!

Comment

• Nice to see #B on the list!

Comment

• The TASTE.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                  Remember the press going crazy over that part of the video when one of the members of Westlife seems to be having a good look down Mariahs top. Lol
                                  Yeah...it was Brian, I think. Haha. The photo of him looking at Mimi's boobs was all over the internet then. It's probably intentional just to create more buzz about their duets i think..

Comment

I really think she should've waited to release The Rarities, perhaps. It got overshadowed by TMOMC in some ways. Not sure what time would've been better though.
                                    I'm glad she released it when she released it. I finished the book in a few days. Listening to the music gave me joy for months.
                                    Last edited by RayRay; Sat March 20, 2021, 21:20.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                      Personally, I'm fine with the pause on MC30.

It was too much every week for me, I didn't have the time to listen to all the EPs.

I used these weeks to catch up with all of 'em - since the very start.

Also I've been blasting The Rarities and WBT(MLNM) Original and Extended.

And enjoying Where I Belong now
                                      I'm glad that MC30 was paused too. I would think that it should have paused for at least a couple of months after the released of the Rarities, just to give more times for people to enjoy those songs...nevertheless, i'm still grateful with all the music releasef thus far.
                                      I love WIB and have been blasting it off everyday since day 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

I'm glad that MC30 was paused too. I would think that it should have paused for at least a couple of months after the released of the Rarities, just to give more times for people to enjoy those songs...nevertheless, i'm still grateful with all the music releasef thus far.
                                        Yeah, perhaps something could have been paused to allow us to enjoy everything fully. In some ways, it all hit at once and not everything was given its full shine.

Thankfully we can enjoy it all now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                                          Yeah...it was Brian, I think. Haha. The photo of him looking at Mimi's boobs was all over the internet then. It's probably intentional just to create more buzz about their duets i think..
                                          Do you think Mariah agreed on that?
                                          It's funny now but I guess 20 years ago was "something".
                                          I love the boobs in the vid tho, they're quite out, we love a boobalicious moment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          I'm glad she released it when she released it. I finished the books in a few days. Listening to the music gave me joy for months.
                                          Yeah.
                                          Imagine if she had to have waited for something around that time and then would never came out for X reason.
                                          It got unnoticed yes, but I don't think it was her desire to chase a hit. I always saw it as a gift for the lambs. An AMAZING one btw.

Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                                          Yep, I needed that pause tbh.
                                          I noticed I missed lots of things (I mean, the EPs) 'cause we were getting performances, the book, the audible, the album, then the Xmas special with the soundtrack, MC30...
                                          I couldn't process all of that when it came out so I'm doing that now.

And this year we already had some material - apart of MC30: The amazing 3 hours interview with QuestLove, the WBT Mix (OG & extended), now the WIB vid and the re-recorded ABMB version. And she's working on lots of things, we now she's in the studio and that she's also cooking something with Millie.

I think sometimes we don't appreciate how lucky we are.

Comment

• As a fairly casual Mariah fan I never understood how important an album charm bracelet is to her. I just finished reading her book and she quotes lyrics from it constantly and goes into the meaning of several songs. It made me happy I recently bought charmbracelet (and memoirs) on vinyl so I can listen and really absorb the meaning behind the songs.
                                            Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                              As a fairly casual Mariah fan I never understood how important an album charm bracelet is to her. I just finished reading her book and she quotes lyrics from it constantly and goes into the meaning of several songs. It made me happy I recently bought charmbracelet (and memoirs) on vinyl so I can listen and really absorb the meaning behind the songs.
                                              Yeah, it's very close to her.
                                              It's masterpiece that doesn't receive the love that it deserves.
                                              It's - along with Butterfly & Caution - my favorite studio work <3

Oh, and btw, when I mentioned all the things she did last year I forgot about the vinyls! And the special merch!

Comment

• When she released it I hated her vocals on charmbracelet and found them to much of the whispery variety that had been introduced from butterfly onwards but now I really appreciate the album as an adult.
                                                Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                                  When she released it I hated her vocals on charmbracelet and found them to much of the whispery variety that had been introduced from butterfly onwards but now I really appreciate the album as an adult.
                                                  Happy to heart that
                                                  The lyrics are >>>

Comment

• Charmbracelet was the album that made me an official lamb from a casual fan. So when I first heard it, I had no complaints whatsoever since [maybe] I was not fully aware about her exact style of singing from the past. Also, I heard Butterfly and My All during its time so I knew she was doing it (whispering) at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X