Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
    Charmbracelet was the album that made me an official lamb from a casual fan. So when I first heard it, I had no complaints whatsoever since [maybe] I was not fully aware about her exact style of singing from the past. Also, I heard Butterfly and My All during its time so I knew she was doing it (whispering) at some point.
    Same story!
    Rainbow made me a fan, Godbracelet made me a full lamb.
    And I know it's unpopular but I love the vocals, I love the whispers, I love the sharp quality of her upper belts, I love everything about it.

She's been whispering since Can't Let Go...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Btw, The Runaway Bunny is being released in just 6 days, on March 25th, so we're also getting the new ABMB rendition in less than a week.

I hope she uploads it on her YT/VEVO Channel that same day.

---

P.S. In the official video it says "Featuring musical performances by Mariah". Are we getting more than one?!

As far as we know now, and based on the press release, it's only ABMB.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        Yeah, I know.
        My mistake, I misread it and got it wrong, the sentence was cut but in other video I figured out that there were talking about other artists

"Featuring musical performances by Mariah Carey, Rosanne Cash, Kimya Dawson, Michael Kiwanuka, Ziggy Marley, Tracee Ellis Ross, Kelly Rowland, and Rufus Wainwright."
        I wonder if she's uploading this version on her channel once the film is out.

Only 5 days left!

Comment

Same story!
          And I know it's unpopular but I love the vocals, I love the whispers, I love the sharp quality of her upper belts, I love everything about it.

Butterfly made me a lamb and Godbracelet is a natural continuation for me. I love it more than TEOM myself. TEOM is an absolute comercial bang with no misses, but Godbracelet is more introspective and deep. More soulful and meaningful.
          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
            Butterfly made me a lamb and Godbracelet is a natural continuation for me. I love it more than TEOM myself. TEOM is an absolute comercial bang with no misses, but Godbracelet is more introspective and deep. More soulful and meaningful.
            Yeah, I feel exactly the same!

Comment

• Her best song EVER and her 2nd best video (after Honey).

Fight me

Comment

• Like others, when Charmy first came out I hated the cover, thought it really plodded and hated her vocals. And it was around the same time Whitney, Toni B and TLC had just released albums that were massive disappointments.

It took years afterwards for it to grow on me and realise that even though it’s not perfect, it’s an incredibly well written album.

Comment

• People may or may not know that UKMIX was around for Charmbracelet's release. You can actually read some real time reactions to the album and era here:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/th...-charmbracelet

Comment

• I don't wanna read that 'cause I know I'll get mad af

At least I don't have to read sh!t about the CBW Tour 'cause it was fantastic, I think. Vocally, a serve.

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                      Like others, when Charmy first came out I hated the cover, thought it really plodded and hated her vocals. And it was around the same time Whitney, Toni B and TLC had just released albums that were massive disappointments.

It took years afterwards for it to grow on me and realise that even though it’s not perfect, it’s an incredibly well written album.
                      Yes, magnificent lyrics, and her vocals on “My Saving Grace” are everything, a pre-TEOM tease

And the cover is very warm, lots of golden tones in her skin and yellows in her hair, like a sunflower (for Alfred Roy)

Comment

Same story!

“Can’t Let Go” sounds more heady than whispery to me, the closest thing she’s done to it other than “Make It Happen” album version since Emotions era is “You’ve Got Me,” it’s like mostly head but a little chest, sung at half power, whereas the whisper I consider to be quiet and 100% head voice
                        Last edited by allygdale; Sat March 20, 2021, 11:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                          “Can’t Let Go” sounds more heady than whispery to me, the closest thing she’s done to it other than “Make It Happen” album version since Emotions era is “You’ve Got Me,” it’s like mostly head but a little chest, sung at half power, whereas the whisper I consider to be quiet and 100% head voice
                          The whisper she does is more like an airy chest, there's no head voice on it.

Comment

The plural means the other singers that are featured on the special

Comment

• I always loved Mariah since I was a little kid listening to my all, ISB, Heartbreaker, CTTA, honey.. I was always watching the videos on MTV and recorded on VHS to rewatch it. But when I saw BOTH video was so obsessed, I was always watching mtv to catch the video everything, I couldn’t get enough. Then it made me buy charmbracelet even tho I was a bit disappointed cause it the album version was a bit different from the version I heard on the video. But it made it love Mariah listening to the charm and then it was when I started to become a full time lamb, I started to go search for every album of hers (thankfully that time it was much more easier to find). Even my family helped me find them. I had such a love for Rainbow cause my mom gave my birthday and I listened to the whole day, my sister couldn’t take it anymore. I have a very nostalgic feeling for rainbow album. When glitter first premiered on HBO I’ve never listened to the songs before I was mesmerized, then my aunt got me the glitter soundtrack. Good times

Comment

• The Mariah Carey Discography Rate will kick off on 3/27.
                                So get your votes in before then. Only a few days left.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...s-left-to-vote

Comment

• I've been revisiting MIAMTEC. Some really strong songs but still not a favourite of mine.
                                  ​​​​​
                                  Thoughts on faded?
                                  Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• I haven't been posting for a long time here, but, I know this is the first place I should come if something about Mariah comes up...

Can some of you guys help me? I remember that there's a video of a few girls dancing "Loverboy" while an airplane passes by super close to them... I have been searching for hours but I can't seem to find it... Does someone know where i can find it?
                                    Them chickens is ash and I'm lotion
                                    twitter: https://twitter.com/mauriplz

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                      I've been revisiting MIAMTEC. Some really strong songs but still not a favourite of mine.
                                      ​​​​​
                                      Thoughts on faded?
                                      I love the album as a whole. Lots of different sounds, something for every mood.

Faded is one of my favorites from the album. Should have been a single IMO.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I love the album as a whole. Lots of different sounds, something for every mood.

Faded is one of my favorites from the album. Should have been a single IMO.
                                        I’ve never enjoyed faded, I don’t get the hype

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

The ‘whispering’ or whatever you would call the style of singing In Make it Happen is so unique for her, I’ve never heard her sing like that on any other track

Comment

• There's a Lead The Way challenge happpening on instagram:

instagram.com/tags/leadthewaychallenge

Comment

People may or may not know that UKMIX was around for Charmbracelet's release. You can actually read some real time reactions to the album and era here:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/th...-charmbracelet
                                              Thanks for sharing! I came to UKMIX for the WBT release. I was Googling WBT and stumbled upon the forum. I had a different username but forgot the password

Comment

Her best song EVER and her 2nd best video (after Honey).

Fight me

Ain’t nobody gonna fight! You’re 100% right. Every video from that album is flawless.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I’ve never enjoyed faded, I don’t get the hype
                                                  It is a song that had to grow on me. But from 2:40 onwards she throws in so much emotion, belting, adlibs... it's just insane. I love singing along to this last minute of the song.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

There's a Lead The Way challenge happpening on instagram:

instagram.com/tags/leadthewaychallenge
                                                    Avery Wilson KILLED IT.
                                                    (He’s also a lamb. Did many Mariah covers before, including Mine Again)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X