Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RicanMC19 View Post
    Apparently the song received the biggest update on radio according to another forum. Hopefully the remix contributed to some of that increase

RADIO:

6 = Latto & Mariah Carey - Big Energy (Remix) [feat. DJ Khaled]

1456. 70.93. +1.37

Yep! Nice update!!!!

Comment

• We have some sort of a hotline?

A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• All Access

BE Remix is #3 on Cool New Music>Latest Music

This is just a top 5 ranking with the most played music out of all the new songs. It doesn’t say much, but it hints that maybe radio was really playing it.

We’ll have to wait to know whether they swap versions or not. It will also depend on public reaction to the remix OR radio deal.

Comment

• I feel like a teenager in the 90s! I’ve been on hold with the radio station here for 19 minutes. They’re playing the original Big Energy. Hopefully, the DJ picks up so I can ask why they’re not playing the remix.
          http://marcokircher.com
          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
          IG: marco235

Comment

• Doing god's work, Cashiado
            I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
              I feel like a teenager in the 90s! I’ve been on hold with the radio station here for 19 minutes. They’re playing the original Big Energy. Hopefully, the DJ picks up so I can ask why they’re not playing the remix.
              tysm for that!

Comment

• I like what Khaled tries at the beginning of the song although ODB slayed that in 1995

Comment

• Love it

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                    Love it

Love this!

Latto is genuine lambily!

Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Wed March 30, 2022, 15:31.

Comment

• It's so great that BER is getting playlisted, that's what gonna make the difference.
                      Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                        All Access

BE Remix is #3 on Cool New Music>Latest Music

This is just a top 5 ranking with the most played music out of all the new songs. It doesn’t say much, but it hints that maybe radio was really playing it.

We’ll have to wait to know whether they swap versions or not. It will also depend on public reaction to the remix OR radio deal.
                        Excellent news. Maybe the Mariah incorporation can get Urban AC radio to play the song as well.

Comment

• Do we have the Spotify numbers for yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

Excellent news. Maybe the Mariah incorporation can get Urban AC radio to play the song as well.
                            This song is a monster hit, but we still need radio to play it, Pop, Rhythmic, Urban, Urban AC, Hot AC

Comment

• The BEremix may be the biggest chance MC has of returning to mainstream Pop radio airwaves
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                Do we have the Spotify numbers for yesterday?
                                in two hours.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  The BEremix may be the biggest chance MC has of returning to mainstream Pop radio airwaves
                                  Absolutely

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    The BEremix may be the biggest chance MC has of returning to mainstream Pop radio airwaves
                                    Actually OS remix is on the verge of a breakthrough. It's almost sure that it will become a hit in the near future. Fingers crossed.

Edit: alright, it may not be mainstream pop, but another Christmas hit could attract renewed interest.
                                    Last edited by Sri; Wed March 30, 2022, 16:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sri View Post

Actually OS remix is on the verge of a breakthrough. It's almost sure that it will become a hit in the near future. Fingers crossed.
                                      You're right + AIWFCIY still gets good Pop radio airplay.
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

in two hours.
                                        It's been released. It still hasn't cracked the Top 200 in either US or Gobal Spotify. Abysmal really.

The original version did jump 11 spots in the US to #61 with 331,668. So combined they wouldn't be more than 500k or therabouts in the US.

Probably needs a video of sorts cause streaming for both songs is quite weak.

Comment

• I really want to know how radio works with remixes, because I can see the song has been added to a new format and it has had the bigger increased for a while... so I wonder if they are counting the remix number there as well... we need an expertf of radio

Comment

• Originally posted by RicanMC19 View Post
                                            Apparently the song received the biggest update on radio according to another forum. Hopefully the remix contributed to some of that increase

RADIO:

6 = Latto & Mariah Carey - Big Energy (Remix) [feat. DJ Khaled]

1456. 70.93. +1.37

Radio is surely it's biggest card and good that it's continuing to increase and not far off the top.

It really now just needs streaming to be in the mix cause it will surely have digital sales support.

Playlisting and virality is the best card for streaming...and of course that music video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                              I really want to know how radio works with remixes, because I can see the song has been added to a new format and it has had the bigger increased for a while... so I wonder if they are counting the remix number there as well... we need an expertf of radio
                                              Well there must be a weighting somehow because any Remix can't surely just accrue that amount of impressioons in only a few days. Billboard must have a special calclation.

Cause for songs like Say So and Savage, they were also very strong on radio at the time, even if their sales and streaming increased beyond the original they wouldn't have broken the 50% rule if it was strictly applied across the board with radio included...cause the original will always have more radio impressions.

So radio could well be the component that Billboard treats more lightly.

Comment

• I really think on monday we will see Mariah on the top 10 of Billboard again. Her first non-Xmas showing in 13 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sri View Post

Edit: alright, it may not be mainstream pop, but another Christmas hit could attract renewed interest.
                                                  Absolutely. It's growing every year because there's not a lot of new Christmas pop and Mariah and Ariana together on one is exactly what playlists and radios want.
                                                  Her current voice was mixed so good on Oh Santa. Much better than on In The Mix or Big Energy.

Comment

• The original BE was at 500k streaming at one point a month ago so it's definately dropped off the boil and on downwards decline there.

With this amount of radio, one would've thought streaming would be more competitive.....but perhaps people are really not that interested in it comparatively to other hits like Heat Waves or ABCDEFU...etc.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X