No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah's work with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis has been amazing (CTTA, Bliss, AAO, Petals, Rainbow Interlude, TGIFY, Lead The Way, Didn't Mean to Turn You On, Reflections, Want You, Never Too Far, Twister, Through The Rain, Yours).

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
      Btw, the pause in MC30 really gave me more tome to listen and immerse myself with the Rarities and some of other earlier disco remixes....i stay in love is such a jam...also you're mine, mi todo and triumphant (pulse) such amazing discu remixes
      Glad I'm not the only one that I'm happy with #thepause

I've been blasting The Rarities.
      Can You Hear Me hits so hard.

Comment

• What is this? 1988?

She's serving late 80s side swept curls looking like her teenage self.
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

What I've just read?

I can’t lie haha. It just does nothing for me
          we always agree on literally every other song, this is just a blip in our relationship

Comment

I call it whisper.
            But it's her pushing lots of air through her chest.
            That's no falsetto, that's a super airy chest. That means it's connected, that's why her flips are so seemless when she does all the transitions, she's all the times in chest playing with the air (adding more air or making it fuller).
            It's amazing the control she has over it. it's really difficult.

That doesn't mean she doesn't use falsetto, but most of the times it's this airy chest voice. Her falsetto sounds a bit different.
            It just sounds like a completely different technique on that track to what we all traditionally refer to as her whisper register.
            you’re right, it’s almost like she’s massively limiting her chest voice. It’s beautiful and not a tone we have heard from her since

Comment

Butterfly and TEOM have the best videos ( I need a "fire" emoji )
              Not gonna lie, I have a massive soft spot for the Glitter videos too. Oh and who can forget Rainbow. To be fair it was only after E=MC2 quality and care (and budget) went out of the window

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                Faded just ended when I logged on here. Don’t ever slander Faded!!
                mom not issuing a public apology

Comment

Mariah's work with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis has been amazing (CTTA, Bliss, AAO, Petals, Rainbow Interlude, TGIFY, Lead The Way, Didn't Mean to Turn You On, Reflections, Want You, Never Too Far, Twister, Through The Rain, Yours).
                  All 10/10 and so diverse. We need more!

oh sh!t I’ve just caught up and seen the news. IM SO EXCITED.

I’m excited she’s working with Jermaine too. I’m ready for a fresh, inspired Jermaine and Mariah track.
                  Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Sun March 21, 2021, 10:39.

Comment

OMG she named herself "curlyriah", she said we call her like that
                    you can’t tell me she/her team don’t read UKMix, we invented the ‘riah’s’, not Twitter!

Comment

• Comment

• She looks so 1992Riah! Spring has SPRUNG and Aries season is here
                        Last edited by allygdale; Sun March 21, 2021, 10:52.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                          I can’t lie haha. It just does nothing for me
                          we always agree on literally every other song, this is just a blip in our relationship
                          I was kidding! haha!
                          It wasn't an instant fave tho, it took some time to really appreciate the greatness of the song, but that's only my opinion!
                          I revisited MIAM and re-discovered it and clicked on me.
                          Sometimes you first hate/dislike a song, and then something changes and it hits you in a different way.
                          Have u ever feel that way?

For example, I use to really dislike IDWC, now I love it.
                          Last edited by Shaka; Sun March 21, 2021, 11:07.

Comment

I was kidding! haha!
                            It wasn't an instant fave tho, it took some time to really appreciate the greatness of the song, but that's only my opinion!
                            I revisited MIAM and re-discovered it and clicked on me.
                            Sometimes you first hate/dislike a song, and then something changes and it hits you in a different way.
                            Have u eve feel that way?

For example, I use to really dislike IDWC, now I love it.
                            I know you were kidding, I was in on the joke ;)

I get that a lot. Most recently with One mo Gen and All I Live For. Didn’t like them at all on first couple of listens and joe they’re two of my favourites on their respective albums!

Comment

It just sounds like a completely different technique on that track to what we all traditionally refer to as her whisper register.
                              you’re right, it’s almost like she’s massively limiting her chest voice. It’s beautiful and not a tone we have heard from her since
                              Yeah, it sounds really amazing but for her vocal cords that should be a pain in the ass I feel.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                              Not gonna lie, I have a massive soft spot for the Glitter videos too. Oh and who can forget Rainbow. To be fair it was only after E=MC2 quality and care (and budget) went out of the window
                              Yeah, Crybaby (video) is amazing.
                              I also really like the videos from Charmbracelet.
                              And of course TMB (video) is amazing.

I was just pointing out her peak Eras in terms of visuals IMO.

I love the #B video for example, tho (almost) everyone dislikes it.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                              All 10/10 and so diverse. We need more!
                              Yes!
                              I hope it's a ballad.
                              But like a LTW/NTF type of ballad.
                              ​​​​​​​I need that.

Comment

you can’t tell me she/her team don’t read UKMix, we invented the ‘riah’s’, not Twitter!
                                She/they definitely read us

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                She looks so 1992Riah! Spring has SPRUNG and Aries season is here
                                Yasss she kinda looks like those interviews during Emotions Era. That's the vibe I got when I was watching the live! Even her mouth and jaw from that angle!

Comment

I get that a lot. Most recently with One mo Gen and All I Live For. Didn’t like them at all on first couple of listens and joe they’re two of my favourites on their respective albums!
                                  Yasss, those are my faves too.
                                  Like One Mo Gen couldn't be any sexier

Comment

They wasted a good video with I Stay In Love. They could've used that budget for Migrate or a decent Bye Bye video.
                                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

Yeah, it sounds really amazing but for her vocal cords that should be a pain in the ass I feel.

Yeah, Crybaby (video) is amazing.
                                      I also really like the videos from Charmbracelet.
                                      And of course TMB (video) is amazing.

I was just pointing out her peak Eras in terms of visuals IMO.

I love the #B video for example, tho (almost) everyone dislikes it.

Yes!
                                      I hope it's a ballad.
                                      But like a LTW/NTF type of ballad.
                                      ​​​​​​​I need that.

#B era for me is one of her beauty peaks. She looks STUNNING in the video.

​​​​​​The highest beauty peak for me was the Charmbracelet Tour. She was the goddess on earth.

Comment

• So exciting to see her on the studio! I just hope we get something on the vein of Caution, and that she doesn't over-eddit her vocals like in MIAM.

Comment

• I love when she sits while recording, reminds me of dem Unplugged VOL and CME Rosie full voice moments

Comment

• She’s spending a lot of time in the studio.. come on mariah give us that smash hit. You deserve one!
                                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                              They wasted a good video with I Stay In Love. They could've used that budget for Migrate or a decent Bye Bye video.
                                              Migrate with a high budget hot video in a club la GYN = #1 secured.

But, oh, well, we can't change history

Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                              #B era for me is one of her beauty peaks. She looks STUNNING in the video.

​​​​​​The highest beauty peak for me was the Charmbracelet Tour. She was the goddess on earth.
                                              She's been always absolutely GORGEOUS till today (she barely has aged since her 30s), but her beauty peaks were these IMO:
                                              1997/1999
                                              2007/2008

Actually during Idol/#B Era she looked like Charmie tour, but with better style.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                                So exciting to see her on the studio! I just hope we get something on the vein of Caution, and that she doesn't over-eddit her vocals like in MIAM.
                                                Yes, please!

Dev Hynes just said he wanted to do a 5 songs EP with Mariah.

Imagine the slayage.

Comment

• I want her to work with CHIKA. Her musical style would sound amazing with Mariah.

For commercial hit purposes, she better collab with Cardi B.

Comment

Migrate with a high budget hot video in a club la GYN = #1 secured.

But, oh, well, we can't change history

She's been always absolutely GORGEOUS till today (she barely has aged since her 30s), but her beauty peaks were these IMO:
                                                    1997/1999
                                                    2007/2008

Actually during Idol/#B Era she looked like Charmie tour, but with better style.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X