Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty peaks for me:

1996-1998

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• So happy with the IG Live moment this morning, especially after her stepping away from social media again. She looked amazing and seeing MC in studio is generally heartwarming.

She teased a few things with new music and working with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis - for their album, I assume.

I am happy she's asked DNice to "DJ" her virtual party as he's amazing and I think will do a better job than Suss One. It was amazing seeing all the love she was getting in the comments too.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by hotMCfan View Post
        I want her to work with CHIKA. Her musical style would sound amazing with Mariah.

For commercial hit purposes, she better collab with Cardi B.
        I don't know her, I'm gonna check ha!

And there's better options than Cardi...

Comment

• After all these years, this is still a serve...

Comment

• A BeyRiah moment.

Comment

• Im excited for one last Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis Song with her. The proteges (big Jim, Daniel Moore) are great but I feel JJ&TL are the ones that are up to her caliber since Walter A and Babyface.

I would love an album of JJ&TL, JD and Dallas Austin. Atlanta strong.
              Last edited by tee; Sun March 21, 2021, 15:55.

Comment

• I wonder when she recorded the track for Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, if she has already. Their album was announced last year and still hasnt materialised yet.

Comment

• Maybe the Maxwell duet?

Maybe they were the two people she was referring to near the end of 2019?

Comment

• excited for jimmy and terry collab. they were the ones that made the best ballads after Walter.I hope they can still deliver.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind a smooth song like this from Mariah. they release a couple months ago

Comment

• Edit.

Removed.
                        Last edited by Clown10; Sun March 21, 2021, 17:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

I think the label thought Faded would be single. At the Target I go to, they had stickers on top of all the Caution CDs and Faded, With You and A No No where listed as being included in that CD. I took a picture of it. I would have to look for it.
                          but they belong to different albums... Faded, With You and A No No
                          VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post

but they belong to different albums... Faded, With You and A No No
                            My bad....

The sticker on MIAM had #Beautiful, You're Mine, Thirsty and Faded written on them.

Comment

• I think Faded, regardless of some like it and some may not, was single material. Those 4 songs were cool, I would have released Thirsty or Faded instead of You're Mine as second single, considering it was kinda the first real single and not the second as Beautiful was already "old" by the album release.
                              VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

• Taking this with a grain of salt, but over the course of the last few years, MC has been flirting with working on new material. This is from 2019:

Obviously, we don't know if she has already followed up on that idea with things like The Rarities or MC30, but she has been dropping hints like this for a long while.

Comment

• Mariah and her recent labels had some questionable singles choices. The last time they got it right was only during TEOM. MIAM's singles were ok-ish, the problem was the tracklisting. I mean anyone can arrange its songs with a banger-ballad-midtempo kind of arrangement, and they messed it up with the Thirsty-YDKWTD rivalry thing and completely abolished the era. Lol. Caution on the other hand could've been bigger than it was if A No No or The Distance was the first single.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                                    Mariah and her recent labels had some questionable singles choices. The last time they got it right was only during TEOM. MIAM's singles were ok-ish, the problem was the tracklisting. I mean anyone can arrange its songs with a banger-ballad-midtempo kind of arrangement, and they messed it up with the Thirsty-YDKWTD rivalry thing and completely abolished the era. Lol. Caution on the other hand could've been bigger than it was if A No No or The Distance was the first single.
                                    I think some of what we saw for MIAM, in terms of singles choices, was MC going "rogue" - to put it simply. I think the label and MC did not agree on a lot and she wasn't going to have it.

With Caution, she followed the powers that be's advice with GTFO releasing it midweek.

Comment

• Mariah just need a hot new banger with a current act by her side... and she should get a decent top 40 smash in America.

From now on, she should just plug AIWFCIY onto each and every new album, so they can all go Gold or platinum within their first year. It's the latest practice which everyone is using.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        Mariah just need a hot new banger with a current act by her side... and she should get a decent top 40 smash in America.

From now on, she should just plug AIWFCIY onto each and every new album, so they can all go Gold or platinum within their first year. It's the latest practice which everyone is using.
                                        It’s a naughty idea but I like it! Mariahs team take note!

Comment

• I have a feeling Politicalriah might come out to play for parts of this album. She is far from sitting on the fence with her views on the world these days, I’m sure this will translate into one or two of her lyrics. (I’d like something with a bit more substance than STD)

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            Mariah just need a hot new banger with a current act by her side... and she should get a decent top 40 smash in America.
                                            She should've asked/paid for "Emotionless" feature.

I am still stunned at how they messed up with Oh Santa remix and just how brazenly unsupportive Spotify was.

But, if she and her team are smart, they'd push it this year with all the bells and whistles they didnt get to do last year (e.g. signed CDs, merch, new music video, playlisting, discount, etc etc).

Comment

• We know Mariah can write and produce an undeniable smash and that’s what she needs to return to her chart glory. If we never get that again, it’s all good, but I know she has it in her and I think she’s one of the exceptions in the music industry where she can still have success at her, um, age... of 12.

Either way, excited for the new music and to hear the new “Always Be My Baby” version this week!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She should've asked/paid for "Emotionless" feature.

I am still stunned at how they messed up with Oh Santa remix and just how brazenly unsupportive Spotify was.

But, if she and her team are smart, they'd push it this year with all the bells and whistles they didnt get to do last year (e.g. signed CDs, merch, new music video, playlisting, discount, etc etc).
                                                On Emotionless, she should have been credited as a feature. I mean it's one thing to feature an original composition... and another to also feature someone's vocals.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• I would rather a real Drake collab, I think collabs inspire her, whether it’s other artists or new producers

I wonder what she’s doing with JD? She seemed careful to say it was music but not to mention an album

One track with JJ and TL for their album is nice

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                    Beauty peaks for me:

1996-1998

We talk about Riah beauty peaks like they don’t occur every time she intends to put a studio album out

The music excites me far more!
                                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sun March 21, 2021, 22:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X