Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

We talk about Riah beauty peaks like they don’t occur every time she intends to put a studio album out

The music excites me far more!
    The music excites me far more too.. there just isn’t any at the moment so I jumped on this topic. Lol.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She should've asked/paid for "Emotionless" feature.

I am still stunned at how they messed up with Oh Santa remix and just how brazenly unsupportive Spotify was.

But, if she and her team are smart, they'd push it this year with all the bells and whistles they didnt get to do last year (e.g. signed CDs, merch, new music video, playlisting, discount, etc etc).
      The thing with OS REMIX this year is that it can only chart again if it hits above top50. It was a really missed opportunity. Mariah could’ve take advantage of the biggest current female but she missed it. And it felt like GP was really positive about the collab specially the whistles together

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
        I have a feeling Politicalriah might come out to play for parts of this album. She is far from sitting on the fence with her views on the world these days, I’m sure this will translate into one or two of her lyrics. (I’d like something with a bit more substance than STD)
        Yeah, I'd love that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

The thing with OS REMIX this year is that it can only chart again if it hits above top50. It was a really missed opportunity. Mariah could’ve take advantage of the biggest current female but she missed it. And it felt like GP was really positive about the collab specially the whistles together
          I think it can definitely make a play for top 50 with all the items though.

If they're serious about it, too, they could even do a new music video.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            On Emotionless, she should have been credited as a feature. I mean it's one thing to feature an original composition... and another to also feature someone's vocals.
            Half of the song is Mariah vocals, LOL.
            Billboard is very fickle with its rules anyway, in general.
            That song should've been released as a collabo IMO, it was the perfect opportunity for her, she could have even recorded new vocals.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
              The music excites me far more too.. there just isn’t any at the moment so I jumped on this topic. Lol.
              We talk about music all the time tho and we can do both I think

Comment

• (RARE) Mariah Carey - Interview about the Music Box Tour (November 1993)

She sounds (naturally) like Aretha at times, LOL.

Comment

I think it can definitely make a play for top 50 with all the items though.

If they're serious about it, too, they could even do a new music video.
                  I think both Ari and JHud would love that.

I guess it's up to their respective teams.

Tho I'm not sure if Mariah wants it tbh (no because the girls, she loved them, but the way she talked about the collabo, a bit cold-ish, but probably she wanted the Xmas Special to get the spotlight, idk, we'll see if she puts some effort and push the song this Xmas or totally ignore it).

Comment

• The fact that Sleigh Ride is the best song from the soundtrack though

Comment

• Look at this Miss Universe.

Comment

• How we miss you! <3

Comment

• She does amazing on Pandora.

The platform should be available in more countries.

How much weight it holds in the US?

Comment

• Comment

• Let me tell you something baby!!

Comment

• Shaka wouldn’t you say The Roof’s whispers were head voice, especially in the second verse?

“and so we finished the Moet...I surrendered as you took me in your arms”

I would say UTS whispering is all head voice too, and Fourth of July is a mix, Outside’s whispers are in head voice, FLAB has full head/falsetto voice, and One Mo Gen has whisper head too

The other whispering on CB and HATEU and Caution the song is more of the restrained chest with lots of air to my ears, that Make If Happen sound

The exceptions on CB are My Saving Grave and You Got Me, which sound more head voice to me,I think she uses the same technique (airy head/falsetto) on CLG and You Got Me

It’s crazy how many parts of her voice she can “whisper” in, though I do think a lot of that Charmie whispering is throat and lots of air through the nose
                                Last edited by allygdale; Mon March 22, 2021, 09:39.

Comment

• Ally, I think most of time is either a super airy chest or falsetto, it will be hard for her to do that in head voice 'cause her nodules, I think they affect more her head voice than her chest (even at her prime), that's why she barely uses it so it's undeveloped.

Remember that falsetto is disconnected while head voice & chest connected.

Since she's a very "chesty" singer - even in the upper belts, totally chest dominant - I guess she has more control over it.

My guess it's that mostly chest 'cause she can go REALLY low in this airy voice, she wouldn't be able to do that in head voice and would be really difficult in falsetto. It's easier in chest.

In Butterfly album there's LOT of polyphonic singing, I think she's using more falsetto there. Seems like she has this quality in her disconnected registers 'cause she can also go polyphonic in whistle.

Anyway, we don't know, we're just speculating, only Mariah knows what she's doing and what register is she in, LOL.

Her voice is an absolute mistery to me.

Comment

• A masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                      A masterpiece.

Forever will hold a special place in my heart. This track was such a stylistic transition for her and would pave the way for a ‘fast singing’ vocal style she would come back to on different tracks throughout her career. Happy anniversary Breakdown

Comment

Ally, I think most of time is either a super airy chest or falsetto, it will be hard for her to do that in head voice 'cause her nodules, I think they affect more her head voice than her chest (even at her prime), that's why she barely uses it so it's undeveloped.

Remember that falsetto is disconnected while head voice & chest connected.

Since she's a very "chesty" singer - even in the upper belts, totally chest dominant - I guess she has more control over it.

My guess it's that mostly chest 'cause she can go REALLY low in this airy voice, she wouldn't be able to do that in head voice and would be really difficult in falsetto. It's easier in chest.

In Butterfly album there's LOT of polyphonic singing, I think she's using more falsetto there. Seems like she has this quality in her disconnected registers 'cause she can also go polyphonic in whistle.

Anyway, we don't know, we're just speculating, only Mariah knows what she's doing and what register is she in, LOL.

Her voice is an absolute mistery to me.
                                        Your knowledge is decent. Did you study music?

Comment

• Breakdown is one of her greatest tracks. I cried too many times to that song. It's weird in that a lot of people seem to love it, yet it still feels underrated and unknown.

Comment

• Breakdown is so ethereal, i want Mariah to bring back the ‘chirping bird’ sounds that were laced in the background of so many of her late 90’s early 00’s tracks. Particularly prevalent in Rainbow and parts of CB. It just adds an extra dimension and is so Mariah.

Comment

Forever will hold a special place in my heart. This track was such a stylistic transition for her and would pave the way for a ‘fast singing’ vocal style she would come back to on different tracks throughout her career. Happy anniversary Breakdown
                                              I know!
                                              This was SO different from her previous work and also even quite unique on Butterfly album.
                                              It's a masterpiece, the lyrics are just

Comment

Breakdown is one of her greatest tracks. I cried too many times to that song. It's weird in that a lot of people seem to love it, yet it still feels underrated and unknown.
                                                Yeah.
                                                I feel the same.
                                                Its streams are so low in all the streaming services.

Even the video on YT, only 35M views.
                                                This is one of her best MV!

Btw, due to BB rules at that time in the US the track was unable to chart on the Hot100, but charted at number 53 on the Hot 100 Airplay.
                                                Its release was quite messy.

Comment

Your knowledge is decent. Did you study music?
                                                  Haha, thanks bae, yes I did study music when I was a teen - from 14 to 20-ish. Then I quit.

I also have nodules, and visited lots of doctors through my life, I've been dealing with them since I was a little kid.

I think I can understand her voice at some extent 'cause we share that (it sucks!, like really really sucks!) and I know how unpredictable they are. LITERALLY A PAIN IN THE ASS. And sorry for my vulgar expression LOL.

Comment

Haha, thanks bae, yes I did study music when I was a teen - from 14 to 20-ish. Then I quit.

I also have nodules, and visited lots of doctors through my life, I've been dealing with them since I was a little kid.

I think I can understand her voice at some extent 'cause we share that (it sucks!, like really really sucks!) and I know how unpredictable they are. LITERALLY A PAIN IN THE ASS. And sorry for my vulgar expression LOL.
                                                    Ah man, sorry to hear that! Do you sing?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X