Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

    Btw, due to BB rules at that time in the US the track was unable to chart on the Hot100, but charted at number 53 on the Hot 100 Airplay.
    Its release was quite messy.
    What were those rules? I’d love to hear more about this!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

      Btw, due to BB rules at that time in the US the track was unable to chart on the Hot100, but charted at number 53 on the Hot 100 Airplay.
      Its release was quite messy.

      Mariah explained some of the issues here, in that the label was going with another song at the time:



      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
        Ah man, sorry to hear that! Do you sing?
        I used to

        Comment


        • Originally posted by markwalde View Post
          What were those rules? I’d love to hear more about this!
          Keep in mind that this is from Wiki:

          "Breakdown" was the source of controversy when it came to its release. Carey was having a conflict with Columbia Records over the singles choices, as they were already not happy with the album's hip hop transition. Later, in 1998 when Carey was composing the songs for her first compilation album, #1's, the song was again one of the reasons for continued conflict within the label. They disagreed on what content should compose the album.
          For this reason, Sony titled the album #1's, as Carey felt the need to express the album's true content, a collection of her number-one hits. Carey has frequently cited "Underneath the Stars" (1996) and "Breakdown" as examples of songs she was unsuccessful in releasing.

          Released as the third single from Butterfly in 1998 in the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Australia only (in Europe "The Roof" was chosen as the third single instead). Because of conflict between Carey and her record label at the time, it was only given a commercial release in Australia, where it performed modestly and remained in the top 40 for three weeks. A remix of the song was promoted to US radio stations and debuted on the BillboardHot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart in September–October 1997. However, it wasn't released commercially in the US until April 1998, as a double A-side with "My All." It reached the top-five on the Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart as "My All/Breakdown." However, the song itself independently appeared on the Hot 100 Airplay chart and reached the top 20 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay and Rhythmic Airplay charts. In New Zealand, the single performed well, peaking at number four and being certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of New Zealand (RIANZ), denoting shipments of over 7,500 units.


          There's more info in the interview that bm08 posted!
          Last edited by Shaka; Mon March 22, 2021, 15:06.

          Comment



          • it seems like Ana has been booked by Mariah for the whole year as her make up artist

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

              it seems like Ana has been booked by Mariah for the whole year as her make up artist
              That's perfect!

              Comment


              • Comment


                • JD & Jam/Lewis for album cuts only
                  Singles with current producers only!

                  I hope they learned a lesson with Caution singles:
                  1. Feel good mid-tempo/up-tempo >>>> snoozefest ballad
                  2. Current "current" producers >>>> "hot" producers from 5yrs ago with dated beats

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

                    it seems like Ana has been booked by Mariah for the whole year as her make up artist
                    This doesnt tell us much, unfortunately.

                    Ana does her everyday makeup when she's not scheduled to do anything big (e.g. photoshoots, performances, appearances, etc). Kris Bucklle is still her go to person.

                    So really it just tells us she has a makeup artist on hand
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                      This doesnt tell us much, unfortunately.

                      Ana does her everyday makeup when she's not scheduled to do anything big (e.g. photoshoots, performances, appearances, etc). Kris Bucklle is still her go to person.

                      So really it just tells us she has a makeup artist on hand
                      Ana posted a pic with a MC chair written on it like that chair on Xmas special. I think Mariah is filming something


                      https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsWz3GM...d=8hg2ghuoar17

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                        Ana posted a pic with a MC chair written on it like that chair on Xmas special. I think Mariah is filming something
                        I think this is an old pic from Aspen, perhaps.

                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • ^Probably. There' also a Christmas tree right behind her

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post
                            ^Probably. There' also a Christmas tree right behind her
                            Oh I think catch the Xmas tree behind

                            Comment


                            • The Luis Miguel series is starting again in April. Some believe a character portraying Mariah will be in it.
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by markwalde View Post

                                What were those rules? I’d love to hear more about this!
                                songs needed a physical single in order to chart on the H100. Forever, #9 on airplay, would have probably become a #1 single in the US.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Cardi scores her 5th number one, MC save dis bish for your best track, but also make it now so she can’t renege
                                  Last edited by allygdale; Mon March 22, 2021, 20:31.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post
                                    ^Probably. There' also a Christmas tree right behind her
                                    But then Mariah said in her talk with DNice that the studio was specially decorated for inspiration but that she couldn't show them... is she working on Christmas stuff???

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      The Luis Miguel series is starting again in April. Some believe a character portraying Mariah will be in it.
                                      I can’t wait!!!!
                                      the first season was great!!!!
                                      Luis Miguel is one of my vocal idols since I was a child. When I first heard they were a couple I was so thrilled that both of my favorite singers were together!
                                      They’ve both been pretty quiet about their relationship.
                                      http://marcokircher.com
                                      http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                                      My YT Channel!
                                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                      IG: marco235

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by markwalde View Post

                                        But then Mariah said in her talk with DNice that the studio was specially decorated for inspiration but that she couldn't show them... is she working on Christmas stuff???
                                        I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get MC3U, labels are going to be mostly interested in investing in her Christmas gig.

                                        I hope it’s a proper album though, the soundtrack we got for Christmas 2020, was enough to tide me over!

                                        Comment


                                        • Just listening to Dedicated & Nas is THE most intelligent lyricist. His verse just compliments the track so well

                                          Comment


                                          • I hope it’s not a Christmas album, she can wait until the end of the decade for that I don’t mind her doing Christmas shows and stuff like the Apple Special, but another Christmas album now would be too much. She needs to strengthen her legacy in general and release hot new music, there’s already too many people that consider her over except for November/December when all the memes like Welcome back Mariah See you in 10 months Mariah are coming back. Another Christmas album now is not a good idea I think

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                                              I hope it’s not a Christmas album, she can wait until the end of the decade for that I don’t mind her doing Christmas shows and stuff like the Apple Special, but another Christmas album now would be too much. She needs to strengthen her legacy in general and release hot new music, there’s already too many people that consider her over except for November/December when all the memes like Welcome back Mariah See you in 10 months Mariah are coming back. Another Christmas album now is not a good idea I think
                                              It won’t be a Christmas album and despite the memes, I don’t think anyone considers her over... She’s revered at this point.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by markwalde View Post

                                                But then Mariah said in her talk with DNice that the studio was specially decorated for inspiration but that she couldn't show them... is she working on Christmas stuff???
                                                Now that would be great. It's been over 10 years since her last Christmas album. She can never have enough Christmas albums. She is the Queen of Christmas after all. And why should Johnny Mathis and Barry Manilow have more than the Queen?
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                                Comment


                                                • Erm no.
                                                  Enough Xmas stuff for a while.
                                                  Now bish get in that booth and give us an effing bop already.
                                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Oh god no, I don't want anymore Christmas stuff. I need Caution pt 2.
                                                    MARIAH

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X