Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
    Oh god no, I don't want anymore Christmas stuff. I need Caution pt 2.
    I would be here for an album with similar vibes to Caution

Comment

• No more Christmas albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
        JD & Jam/Lewis for album cuts only
        Singles with current producers only!

2. Current "current" producers >>>> "hot" producers from 5yrs ago with dated beats

I hate this logic.

Comment

• I love her Christmas music more than anything but I’m Christmassed out as a lamb.. I want a hit album with some hot songs. I would love her to remind Joe public that she’s not just about Christmas.
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• There's no evidence she's working on a Christmas album.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I kinda feel she needs to take a year off from Christmas. I mean it gets boring year after year. I think AIW would go number one without her doing a thing.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• The conclusions drawn from one photograph of a chair
                Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Tue March 23, 2021, 07:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  I kinda feel she needs to take a year off from Christmas. I mean it gets boring year after year. I think AIW would go number one without her doing a thing.
                  I absolutely love her Christmas stuff but I agree with this. I don't want GP to get bored of AIWFCIY yet....

However, I'm sure Mariah is releasing non-Christmas music soon.

Comment

• I dont want any christmas related stuff neither, but then in november I'll be craving fro something lol
                    CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                    FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      I kinda feel she needs to take a year off from Christmas. I mean it gets boring year after year. I think AIW would go number one without her doing a thing.
                      We actually agree on something for once. How lovely.
                      I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• I'm bored. I am thirsty for new something. It can be anything Mariah related. Not Christmas please.
                        I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Give me something hot and contemporary! Ahora! Por favor, Maria!

I don’t care if it’s a lost album track produced by Timbaland

Comment

• Pitchfork attributes Justin Bieber’s vocal stylings to Mariah in their review of Justice

Comment

• I haven't paid attention to what the general public thinks of her since like 7th or 8th grade... BUT I will appreciate a real new album, building on Caution, and NOT a new Xmas album.

She should conitinue milking Xmas in any other way that pays, so she can make easy money and have enough time and energy to create what we and she really really enjoy - that Mariah studio magic.
                              I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Haven’t Apple signed her for another special this December?

Comment

• I too don’t mind her taking this Christmas off I’m actually looking forward to watching the Apple TV special from last year again I really enjoyed it.

A new album with this new found transparency in the lyrics would be amazing introspective but with a few jams.

Comment

• She didn't actively promote AIWFCIY last year though, which I think was nearly a mistake.

Let's be real here, people are waiting to write those articles about her fall from being the "Queen of Christmas".

There is also evidence that there is some erosion in AIWFCIY dominance. For example, Brenda Lee led in digital sales, her status on top of Spotify Christmas playlists saw her fall into (in some cases) the double digits rather than at #1 or #2. This led to her falling from being the most-streamed song on Spotify in the US for some days. Her airplay remains stable. And it's not just Brenda Lee's team thinking of new ways to snatch the crown, it's also Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, George Michael etc.

I guess what some are expressing here is fan fatigue and there were lots of evidence of that last year too. As much as people say they didnt mind George Michael taking the #1 spot in the UK during the final week, that likely would not have happened had fans been more into guarding a 3rd week at #1. When you mix (potential) MC complacency with (potential) fan fatigue, it is a pending problem. And lets not mix in (potential) chart rule changes.

If she, and fans, wish for the song to continue to perform well and dominate the charts then more creative mechanisms are definitely needed.

Comment

• Please Lord, not another Christmas album! I'm here for an inspired new album or EP. Caution was a great step in the right direction, would love for her to just fully go in with the grittier tracks. Work with great producers like Dev Hynes, Timbaland, Salaam Remi, Mark Ronson and many more that I can't think of right now. Leave the 'With You's' in the last decade. No shade.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        She didn't actively promote AIWFCIY last year though, which I think was nearly a mistake.

Let's be real here, people are waiting to write those articles about her fall from being the "Queen of Christmas".

There is also evidence that there is some erosion in AIWFCIY dominance. For example, Brenda Lee led in digital sales, her status on top of Spotify Christmas playlists saw her fall into (in some cases) the double digits rather than at #1 or #2. This led to her falling from being the most-streamed song on Spotify in the US for some days. Her airplay remains stable. And it's not just Brenda Lee's team thinking of new ways to snatch the crown, it's also Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, George Michael etc.

I guess what some are expressing here is fan fatigue and there were lots of evidence of that last year too. As much as people say they didnt mind George Michael taking the #1 spot in the UK during the final week, that likely would not have happened had fans been more into guarding a 3rd week at #1. When you mix (potential) MC complacency with (potential) fan fatigue, it is a pending problem. And lets not mix in (potential) chart rule changes.

If she, and fans, wish for the song to continue to perform well and dominate the charts then more creative mechanisms are definitely needed.

Continue with Xmas, but maybe with shifting focus onto other songs from the original album. I think "Miss You Most" is more known around the globe than people think.

Comment

• Originally posted by am1 View Post
                                          Please Lord, not another Christmas album! I'm here for an inspired new album or EP. Caution was a great step in the right direction, would love for her to just fully go in with the grittier tracks. Work with great producers like Dev Hynes, Timbaland, Salaam Remi, Mark Ronson and many more that I can't think of right now. Leave the 'With You's' in the last decade. No shade.
                                          100% agree

Comment

• I did have a thought that she might be working on a sort of reworked greatest hits in the vein of the new version of We Belong Together.
                                            Which would be smart as she could use these versions for publishing and get more profits.

Comment

• Votes for the Mariah Carey Discography Rate closes TOMORROW. You may rate as many songs as you like/know but get it in ASAP.
                                              https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...e#post10588456

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                The Luis Miguel series is starting again in April. Some believe a character portraying Mariah will be in it.
                                                Mariah (the character) should be in the series. It was Luis' biggest love - confirmed by his manager. Plus their relationship was SUPER public, and they were making headlines around the World.

I remember back in '18/'19 some names were circling and Belinda was the most rumoured. She won't be in the series but it would've been cool, I like her.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  songs needed a physical single in order to chart on the H100. Forever, #9 on airplay, would have probably become a #1 single in the US.
                                                  Mariah could have had easily more than 20 #1s.

I love Forever <3

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post

Continue with Xmas, but maybe with shifting focus onto other songs from the original album. I think "Miss You Most" is more known around the globe than people think.
                                                    I think this would be good, but perhaps difficult in practice. I don't think that she and her team have been as successful with promoting other Christmas material. I think Oh Santa! remix is perhaps the best they've done with a non-AIWFCIY Christmas single and even that wasn't much to phone home about IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X