Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
    I don’t feel Mariah has had a label that’s backed her fully for years and to me, for an artist of her status, that’s very strange. It explains her sales decline though. Granted I don’t expect huge numbers like earlier in her career but her UK sales for example, even without her visiting but on her name alone, should be much higher than they are.. it’s just that nobody knows she has music out.

I’m still angry that she released a masterpiece like Caution that was praised by critics and very few people outside of the lambily know it exists.

I wish this would get sorted.
    Completely and entirely agree.

Even now, she doesnt have the full backing of a label. This is pretty obvious with her releasing material on her own (i.e. "MARIAH"). Much of the work of MC30 is her own doing and her own pocket. Sony Legacy is working with her catalog a bit but when was the last time we've heard from Epic...about anything? Not a mention on their social media or anything.

The lack of label support is also evidenced in her lack of award recognition. Hardly anything in years beyond honorary things which one may argue is more managerial and PR work than label work.

One of the most grating things is her entire lack of an international team, which is a failing both of not having label backing but also a managerial team that thinks beyond the money they could make with a tour. We also know many things are left to the last minute for global fans. For example, AIWFCIY was not going to be discounted in the initial week that it needed it, in part, to achieve the #1 in the UK. It took a lot of last minute hand wringing.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• can't wait for xmas to stream oh santa remix.

Comment

I don’t feel Mariah has had a label that’s backed her fully for years and to me, for an artist of her status, that’s very strange. It explains her sales decline though. Granted I don’t expect huge numbers like earlier in her career but her UK sales for example, even without her visiting but on her name alone, should be much higher than they are.. it’s just that nobody knows she has music out.

I’m still angry that she released a masterpiece like Caution that was praised by critics and very few people outside of the lambily know it exists.

I wish this would get sorted.
        I 100% agree with all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          One of the most grating things is her entire lack of an international team, which is a failing both of not having label backing but also a managerial team that thinks beyond the money they could make with a tour. We also know many things are left to the last minute for global fans. For example, AIWFCIY was not going to be discounted in the initial week that it needed it, in part, to achieve the #1 in the UK. It took a lot of last minute hand wringing.
          Also this.
          I can't believe her team is so incompetent - even more than in the US - when it comes to other countries.
          She's so big in Brazil yet they do nothing there.
          The cancelled concerts in Australia? Twice? A mess.

Comment

• Mariah Carey Talks Weight Insecurities, Miscarriage & Being Lonely In TEARFUL RARE Interview!

This isn't rare for me tho.
            I remember I read the interview when it came out, it was posted in the old thread.

Comment

• This is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                This is great!

To me, Fantasy will always be her magnum opus of lead singles. Absolute pop/r&b perfection, sounds fresh today and the vocals are fire. The remixes and the video were perfect and are also timeless. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to dance when that song comes on.

long May it reign!
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mariah continues to inspire - Demi is releasing a song with Ariana called " The Art of Starting Over" and she uses butterflies in the teaser.

Comment

To me, Fantasy will always be her magnum opus of lead singles. Absolute pop/r&b perfection, sounds fresh today and the vocals are fire. The remixes and the video were perfect and are also timeless. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want to dance when that song comes on.

long May it reign!
                    I’d agree with this! It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s my favourite lead single but it came at the right time in her career and kick started her “f*ck it” attitude with regards to exploring the sounds she likes m, rather than the sounds the label like, and the public will still love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      Mariah continues to inspire - Demi is releasing a song with Ariana called " The Art of Starting Over" and she uses butterflies in the teaser.
                      Even the haters are subconsciously inspired! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        Mariah continues to inspire - Demi is releasing a song with Ariana called " The Art of Starting Over" and she uses butterflies in the teaser.
                        The art of starting over is the title of her album, the duet with Ariana is another title

Comment

• I’ll never forgive Nick for leaking “The Art of Letting Go” title and being responsible for what we got instead..
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I don't think we're getting another Xmas album this year tbh, it would be too much.

I'm fine with an EP with two covers (one being SR of course) and one new song.

But I prefer if she push the Oh Santa Remix this year and film a video for C(BPCH).
                            We can never have too much Christmas songs by Mariah.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I’ll never forgive Nick for leaking “The Art of Letting Go” title and being responsible for what we got instead..
                              Mariah was off her meds when she decided on that title. Stella probably hid the bottle.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Mariah was off her meds when she decided on that title. Stella probably hid the bottle.
                                Stella wasn’t on the scene when chanteuse was released

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Stella wasn’t on the scene when chanteuse was released
                                  R u sure? I bet she was slithering into MCs DMs in the background during that time. Mishka was probably secretly selling Mariah's meds... of no wait... Mariah assistant at the time was dealing drugs.

I am so thankful that Mariah got rid of all those people. I am convinced she would be dead by now, were the Bulochnikows still around.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

R u sure? I bet she was slithering into MCs DMs in the background during that time. Mishka was probably secretly selling Mariah's meds... of no wait... Mariah assistant at the time was dealing drugs.

I am so thankful that Mariah got rid of all those people. I am convinced she would be dead by now, were the Bulochnikows still around.
                                    LOL

Comment

Even now, she doesnt have the full backing of a label. This is pretty obvious with her releasing material on her own (i.e. "MARIAH"). Much of the work of MC30 is her own doing and her own pocket. Sony Legacy is working with her catalog a bit but when was the last time we've heard from Epic...about anything? Not a mention on their social media or anything.

The lack of label support is also evidenced in her lack of award recognition. Hardly anything in years beyond honorary things which one may argue is more managerial and PR work than label work.

I think what you’re describing is what happens to most veteran acts after a certain number of years in the business. No one stays on top forever, and you have to stay on top, or very near it, to get that kind of support these days.

With that said, outside of Asia, is there even genuine interest in fresh material from her anymore? Would a label with a strong global infrastructure get a serious return on investing in her? That is probably the driving factor at this point, and likely explains why the support just ain’t there.

It doesn’t help that Mariah seems settled into her “legacy act” status. The missteps of MIAMTEC and the Jigsaw years just hastened its arrival. Sis is just here for the coins and the nostalgia now, and I don’t blame her. The industry says that there is room for her only at Christmas, and she seems to be okay with that.

I never thought I’d see the day that MARIAH CAREY would be shelved and left to ride off into the sunset, but here we are.

Comment

• American Idol was supposed to be the shot in the arm to her career that she needed after the missteps of memoirs. She didnt use it to the fullest. Could you imagine if #Beautiful was followed by an album like Caution in 2013? With a real manager like Roc Nation? Her career would be in a totally different place right now.

Im happy for her Christmas success as it gives her some ambition each year but I do wish she had someone looking out for her 2009-2018. Management is the difference in Mariahs World!

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                          American Idol was supposed to be the shot in the arm to her career that she needed after the missteps of memoirs. She didnt use it to the fullest. Could you imagine if #Beautiful was followed by an album like Caution in 2013? With a real manager like Roc Nation? Her career would be in a totally different place right now.

Im happy for her Christmas success as it gives her some ambition each year but I do wish she had someone looking out for her 2009-2018. Management is the difference in Mariahs World!
                                          The accident was the main problem I think. If it wasn't that we may have had #B remix + remix video, the art of letting go as the album title and possible second single followed by You're Mine or Faded.
                                          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• The album was not strong enough. There were many good songs on it but nothing that would have succeeded after #Beautiful. She delayed the album before the injury (most likely she was searching for that one more song that would give her some big success).

However if she had released #B earlier in the Idol cycle and had a stronger album ready by the finale I can only guess that she would have had another Emancipation sized era. Remember when it was announced about Idol in 2012 people went crazy, they were ready for her return. The return of the voice. It is a shame her most critically acclaimed album did not arrive for another five years after.

Comment

• Free Guy (which features Fantasy) will premiere in theaters now Aug. 13

Comment

• If her team knew what they were doing.. they would make her look like a bad bitch on her birthday and post a pic on Instagram

Comment

Sony Legacy and Epic are two completely different labels. Epic even owned by Sony doesn't profit from Mariah's Sony back catalogue, that is Colombia. Her contract with Epic must be for new original material. The last original material she released was Caution. Mariah is a now legacy artist. So the promotion and push doesn't not no longer come from labels it comes from management working. Colombia doesn't push for Beyonce music, it mostly falls back on her team. The record label is responsible for distribution because they now licensing.

Comment

• OMG, give it a rest with MIAMTEC already, she was going through a divorce and Idol put her over the edge, it was probably another case of exhaustion

The point was that Sony sucks ass at promoting her music since she rejoined

The only good thing they did was pay for that new AIWFCIY video in 2019

Island/DJ did a better job and that’s the truth!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X