No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the things I like about this song is the potential for it to be a club banger.

They pay her dust in the European clubs, straight or gay. You always hear Whtiney or Madonna, Britney and Lady Gaga it's the same old stuff Born This Way, I Want to Dance With Somebody, Hung Up. Never Mariah....it's like they're almost ashamed to play her because she carries too much risk.

This sort of notion goes into a cycle.....DJs think people don't like it > clubbers don't hear the song > they get influenced by crap thrown by her in the media > they dislike her > DJs don't play her

The youth are heavily influenced by club culture so this is great to re-introduce people to the magic that is fantasy. Clearly by these clips, it is a smash.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Song of the Summer!

Last edited by skylynx; Sun April 3, 2022, 09:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      I think the Grammys will have one of the worst ratings ever.
      Now that BEremix is becoming a Hit, I wonder if the grammy's will nominate it next year.

Comment

• I hope BJ(R) is the song that shows (at least the Hip-Hop/RnB stations) what a force she is and also the DJs to play her again.

Greatness cannot be denied by their ageism.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Now that BEremix is becoming a Hit, I wonder if the grammy's will nominate it next year.

absolutely not. they hate Mariah. They'd rather give Paris Hilton AOTY.
          My Chart

Comment

• I can't wait to see spotifys update today .. im anxious lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
              I can't wait to see spotifys update today .. im anxious lol
              What are you expecting?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

What are you expecting?
                I'm expecting it goes higher, as it has been added on more playlists you?

Comment

I'm expecting it goes higher, as it has been added on more playlists you?
                  Does anyone have an updated set of stats on playlisting like the tables yesterday? I hope it rises on each of those playlists as the song gets hotter.

I had my biggest streaming day of the song yesterday so who knows.

#MANIFESTING

Comment

• ANOTHER Top3 prediction !

Comment

• So next chart week is likely going to be 1) Harry, 2) Heatwaves, 3) Latto x Mariah with the credit?

I mean we keep talking about Harry as a threat but it also needs to overcome Heatwaves. The difference on radio is still at least 10m, and Streaming it's still also ahead. There's 40 chart points to make up. that seems like quite a task in of itself.

I would love for a #2 with Mariah as a credit next chart week, let's push!!!

Comment

• I'm not expecting a chart credit this week........but if it does get credited it will likely be a messy bathroom momment.

Ya'll need to hold me on Monday!

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                        ANOTHER Top3 prediction !

Comment

• Certified celebrity lamb!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Are you guys streaming her solo version as well? haha Cos i'm waiting for the remix to get bigger

BTW, imagine a live tv between these two awkard girls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_7KV8tqzpE

Comment

• I think Master Class it's on the way to help to get the number 1. It will be a gigantic promo for her classes and cheaper than billboards or ads on media.

I think that Apple are there too and they will do their thing.

I'm sure there's a big team working on it in every single aspect.

Comment

• I haven't seen this.
                                    but we love DJ Khaled

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                      One of the things I like about this song is the potential for it to be a club banger.

They pay her dust in the European clubs, straight or gay. You always hear Whtiney or Madonna, Britney and Lady Gaga it's the same old stuff Born This Way, I Want to Dance With Somebody, Hung Up. Never Mariah....it's like they're almost ashamed to play her because she carries too much risk.

This sort of notion goes into a cycle.....DJs think people don't like it > clubbers don't hear the song > they get influenced by crap thrown by her in the media > they dislike her > DJs don't play her

The youth are heavily influenced by club culture so this is great to re-introduce people to the magic that is fantasy. Clearly by these clips, it is a smash.

I hear Emotions, Fantasy, Heartbreaker remix and SIO out at clubs in London quite a lot tbh.

I was even in a restaurant yesterday and they even played Dreamlover which was a bit random

Definitely not as played as IWDWS but I can't remember the last time I heard Hung Up
                                      ​​​​​​

Last edited by Kaloki; Sun April 3, 2022, 12:36.

Comment

• Yeah I know what he’s saying.. I think the 80s generally get played more in clubs to be honest, but there’s definitely no stigma or risk attached to playing Mariah. I hear fantasy, emotions, touch my body, honey and heartbreaker too…
                                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• What is she up to so early?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                            Yeah I know what he’s saying.. I think the 80s generally get played more in clubs to be honest, but there’s definitely no stigma or risk attached to playing Mariah. I hear fantasy, emotions, touch my body, honey and heartbreaker too…
                                            I hear a lot of I Know What You Want too
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I also hear It's Like That sometimes
                                              I can't even know what to say...

Comment

Are you guys streaming her solo version as well? haha Cos i'm waiting for the remix to get bigger

BTW, imagine a live tv between these two awkard girls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_7KV8tqzpE
                                                I need a live moment for these two together. Imagine a skit on SNL and then a performance of BE Remix

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                                  What is she up to so early?

she better be making breakfast for her children, clothes them and drives them to their public (!) school. She then better does her run around the supermarket and then hurls her arse back to the house, preparing lunch for when the kids come home at approx 1 pm. After lunch, she has to oversee her children doing their homework while vacuuming the living room. In the later afternoon she has to drive her son to football practice and her daughter to ballet or horse-riding... on her way back home she better stops at the dry cleaners to pick up Tanaka's suits or whatever.... and then she has to prepare dinner.

... a typical day in the life of Miss Mariah Carey.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

absolutely not. they hate Mariah. They'd rather give Paris Hilton AOTY.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X