Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
    though it's bit disappointing that we didn't see her name but I also like the fact that BB seems impartial. at least Noone will cry foul about her inclusion making it look undeserved.
    Exactly. We should play by their rules and get that #1 fair and square.
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      I am sorry that so many people have had this issue. At least three in the last few days. I will raise this with Wayne.
      The site isn't working well, even the threads.

MrDash couldn't enter any thread last night, only could see the mesage and profile thing.
      Two days ago I had the same problem with the Chart Thread. That's sorted out now, Wayne helped me, but seems like more users are having issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
        Does anyone know how MasterClass works? Do we get the whole ‘footage’ once we pay, or is it weekly? How much does it cost and how to access to it?
        I'd love to know and get more info.
        I was about to sign up but I don't have the time pitifully.
        Maybe we can "buy" it later? Don't know how it works.

Also MC not promoting it... I don't understand how it works regarding that, but she hasn't said a word.
        Maybe (even) closer to the 14th?

Comment

• We shall see if this new peak brings any newfound attention to the remix in terms of streaming.
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• She should have Apple switch out the original with the explicit on Best New Music

As far as streaming goes the explicit is just catchier and mixed better

Comment

• 30min to go!

Vote for WBT, billboard GOAT !!

Comment

• Despite the Grammys effect, the remix is still holding on in the top 10 of iTunes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  CONGRATS TO LATTO AND MC!!!

TOP 3 IS AMAZING ALREADY
                  Yeah, it's already a huge achievement. I'm glad even if Mariah is not credited since she's being properly presented to a new audience that didn't know her aside from Christmas.
                  Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                  Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                  Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                    Next week?
                    Probably. It will depend on how much the original version airplay weights against the remix big streaming and download numbers.
                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                      I expected that.

Good news is that she will definitely be credited next week (the same week Harry debuts #1)
                      I don't think next week.
                      Streams are very low now...
                      It could happen in some weeks tho.

I'm saying that because of this:

(Carey and DJ Khaled are not listed on “Big Energy” on the Hot 100, as the remix did not account for the majority of the song’s overall consumption during the tracking week.)

This tracking week the OG is still out-performing the Remix in streams as well, so... same case.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post

Exactly. We should play by their rules and get that #1 fair and square.
                        Also, Latto get to shine. We all know that once Mariah is added there, almost everything will be focused on her.
                        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

We shall see if this new peak brings any newfound attention to the remix in terms of streaming.
                          It should.
                          #3 on billboard is great publicity and exposure for Latto.

im hoping for a bump, after the grammy effect settles..

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                            I wonder if next week whether it can surpass Glass Animals for #2 behind Harry, perhaps that's a more realistic goal.
                            I think so, that's possible.
                            Radio gains are solid and big!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                              So does Mariah get the credit at least on the #2 Digital Songs?

Not very clear
                              I think that's a given, TECHNICALLY

Comment

• Maybe this "discredit" will push Mariah and her team, to promote the remix and invest more in playlists

Comment

• I'd love to know the percentage of the remix RE chart points, so we can have an idea how much is doing compared to the OG.

A shame that BB didn't post anything about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                    Come on Khaled, move your connections and make radio switch to the Remix
                                    We wish it would be that easy

Comment

I think so, that's possible.
                                      Radio gains are solid and big!

So Harry is a given at #1, Heat Waves is not dropping hard enough on radio and streaming so it's guaranteed #2 i think at this stage.

Now I think it'll be a fight with Stay for #3.

The good news is that his radio is starting to drop......but the streams still appear stronger and sales were not announced in the Bllboard.

So it could either be #3 or #4 next week with a stronger chance of a credit.

The last time Mariah had a #4 was all the way back with I Still Believe in 1997 and the last time at #3 was I Know What You Want.

Comment

• This kid kills me everytime

Comment

• The remix is currently Out-Streaming and outselling on Apple Music. So I wouldn’t say the streams are doing that much worse.
                                          F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

I'd love to know the percentage of the remix RE chart points, so we can have an idea how much is doing compared to the OG.

A shame that BB didn't post anything about it.
                                            I'd say maybe 20-25%.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              We know Mariah's demographic of fans are not big streamers, but there was a significant increase in streams:

That is nothing to scoff at and a pretty good result. Of course, there are other factors to consider (e.g. album release, playlisting, etc), but the results are still good.
                                              Yeah, I agree.

It jumps 5-2 on Digital Song Sales (12,900, up 146%) and 7-6 on Radio Songs (52.7 million, up 8%) and debuts at No. 14 on Streaming Songs (9.5 million, up 36%).
                                              Of course we have the album release impact, but I think those gains come mostly from the Remix, since the song was shyly increasing, even on radio and streaming before Monday.

Comment

We shall see if this new peak brings any newfound attention to the remix in terms of streaming.
                                                It should!
                                                Hopefully

Comment

Despite the Grammys effect, the remix is still holding on in the top 10 of iTunes.
                                                  Yep, that's impressive! Still at #8!

The Explicit version suffered a bigger decrease tho.

Comment

• With the statement from Billboard that the remix need to count for >50% of the points, it is now clear that unless Radio are switching to the remix Mariah will actually never be officially credited on the remix. Sales and Streams are pretty much for the remix already so it’s all in the hands of the radio and out of our control (no silly tweet requests are going to make Radio switch their playlist). Mariah needs to make some “business calls” if she wants that credit. This tracking week she still has her shot as the digital sales are still ok-ish and it’s a full 7 days. I just wish they did not burn the “explicit” lambs sales for nothing on Thursday….

Comment

Working...
                                                    X