Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loverboy01 View Post
    Eh... Expected more, but I'll take a 3% increase too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sri View Post

As long as it is increasing is good. We have to think is a song that only has been alive for 8 days, so things take time. At least you are Harry Style or Adele. But the song is showing that people are loving it. I believe that radio ( are we allowed to speak about radio or would it be misleading? :S ) is helping the song to increase on itune and streams

Comment

actually these numbers are unthinkable for Mariah... GTFO and other Caution songs also had 400k for 1-2 days... and then plummeted like a rock. This remix is already doing better than any Caution song ever has. It just needs the last final push to continuously do over 500k-600k and it is there... then it will be a big player.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

As long as it is increasing is good. We have to think is a song that only has been alive for 8 days, so things take time. At least you are Harry Style or Adele. But the song is showing that people are loving it. I believe that radio ( are we allowed to speak about radio or would it be misleading? :S ) is helping the song to increase on itune and streams
          radio is most def. helping the song... if not the remix itself, then the OG is also driving people to the remix. I just wish that Latto would have put the remix on her album, 777, already - at least on streaming services.
          My Chart

Comment

• I'm a bit of a freak with charts and I noted down OG spotify numbers yesterday to see how much the song increased and:

Today:
            OG: 526.145
            REMIX: 437.976

Global

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
              I'm a bit of a freak with charts and I noted down OG spotify numbers yesterday to see how much the song increased and:

Today:
              OG: 526.145
              REMIX: 437.976

Global
              OG is not letting up anytime soon. We have to settle this battle with the OG first.
              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

radio is most def. helping the song... if not the remix itself, then the OG is also driving people to the remix. I just wish that Latto would have put the remix on her album, 777, already - at least on streaming services.
                It does only make sense that radio is playing the remix. You can see on twitter every radio station tweeting about it. And the numbers went higher since the remix is out. I still dont understand this mistery of thinking than the remix isnt being played at all. I mean, mariah always drops outside the top 10 itunes in 2 days, and now it keeps there

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  The response in Australia has been fantastic
                  I predict a future smash hit over Easter !

Comment

actually these numbers are unthinkable for Mariah... GTFO and other Caution songs also had 400k for 1-2 days... and then plummeted like a rock. This remix is already doing better than any Caution song ever has. It just needs the last final push to continuously do over 500k-600k and it is there... then it will be a big player.
                    I know. But I'm expecting this song to garner 2 billion streams in the long run and hit #1 everywhere. So, I'm a bit disappointed it's taking time to move towards that pace.

Gtfo was DOA. This seems to be doing MUCH better.

Comment

It was added to the Singled Out (#4 position) playlist with almost 900k likes so hopefully tomorrow we will get a bigger increase

Comment

I know. But I'm expecting this song to garner 2 billion streams in the long run and hit #1 everywhere. So, I'm a bit disappointed it's taking time to move towards that pace.

Gtfo was DOA. This seems to be doing MUCH better.
                        I really prefer to go slowly, at the end of the time we have to wait for Harry Styles to slow down a bit... so it is better to go as we go, slowly but steady

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                          Australia is a market that continues to support Mariah. I mean if you look at her Spotify streams, the top cities are often Sydney and Melbourne.

She should re-focus on the Asia Pacific region where she is still appreciated by the masses.

100% agree!

Japan, Philippines, Australia

Mariah can make huge $$$ from touring in Asia Pacific!

Comment

• I wonder why OG's impressive radio AI haven't translated well into streams. A top 5 radio hit should be top 10 on streaming, or at least top 20.

Comment

I wonder why OG's impressive radio AI haven't translated well into streams. A top 5 radio hit should be top 10 on streaming, or at least top 20.
                              That isn't the case always though, a radio hit doesn't always mean it will get translation into streams. A small example is Katy Perry's new song it had a lot of radio spins but doesn't carry a lot of streams. I hope remix goes up more, it actually is.
                              A lyric video would also help right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

It was added to the Singled Out (#4 position) playlist with almost 900k likes so hopefully tomorrow we will get a bigger increase
                                Wonder of wonders, it's on 'Pop rising' playlist as well. That one has more than 2m likes. I always use that playlist when I'm sick of the songs in my library; it can have amazing new songs now and then.

Comment

I wonder why OG's impressive radio AI haven't translated well into streams. A top 5 radio hit should be top 10 on streaming, or at least top 20.
                                  It is number 14 on streaming songs chart.
                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Wonder of wonders, it's on 'Pop rising' playlist as well. That one has more than 2m likes. I always use that playlist when I'm sick of the songs in my library; it can have amazing new songs now and then.
                                    Should be on the "Today's Top Hits" playlist. This one has over 30 million likes, imagine!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post

It is number 14 on streaming songs chart.
                                      Really? My bad. But I was always under the impression the OG was struggling before the remix came along.

Comment

Really? My bad. But I was always under the impression the OG was struggling before the remix came along.
                                        The arrival of the album and remix must have helped the OG to debut in the streaming songs chart last week.
                                        But it wasn't struggling prior, in fact, it was rising gradually.
                                        Check out charts and sales thread for update on OG weekly streams.

Comment

Idk what this fuss is about... from day 1 we said that it would be wonderful if she got credited... but seeing her get her catalogue streams back on track was also appreciated from the get go.

this desire thing ... is also logical bc as fans of someone, we want our artist to do well. Nothing illogical about that.

When ariplay is concerned... we do not know what percentages or what the numbers are for the remix, but it would be illogical to think it's 0. could be 5 million audience impressions... could be 10 million... we do not know... but we know that it is getting airplay. That is a fact. That is what we know. We know this because radio stations have tweeted about it. Thence, it is a fact.

Another fact is that the song has been growing more on airplay lately. Coincidence? Maybe. But it also aligns with the known fact that the remix gets airplay as well. The logical conclusion therefore is... that the remix is contributing to that. Any other explanation would be illogical at this stage.

So, whether it is necessary to call out any "desires" that fans are having... or to just be positive about the overall situation is something that everyone has to decide for themselves.

Spreading positivity or spreading negativity... the outcome of that debate is very different. Positivity spawns positivity. Negativity spawns hateful debates and arguments and leads NOWHERE.

Comment

• TE=MrDash;n10866619]

Should be on the "Today's Top Hits" playlist. This one has over 30 million likes, imagine![/QUOTE]

Yes!

Comment

• https://z100.iheart.com/music/recently-played/

z100, one of the US biggest radio stations, played Big Energy 7 times in the last 24 hours, none of them in the Remix version. If someone wants to search for the stations that most played Big Energy, to see if they are playing the Remix version. It will be possible to know if we can really think that this growth in radios, in the last nine days, has to do with the help of the remix version (IMO, i don't think so).

So I continue to believe that for the next 3 weeks at least, we won't have Mariah credited on the Hot 100.
                                              Last edited by idontremember; Wed April 6, 2022, 19:44.

Comment

• Comment

• Enough with global Spotify numbers, how do we know the US numbers for the remix. The OG did 315,960 in the US alone. Where do i find the remix’s US numbers?
                                                  F*ck off and lose my number.

Comment

• I sent an email to Mediabase to get information about fees cause you need to pay to have access to all the data.

$450/month for an annual agreement for 1-2 users

I guess we’ll have to keep on guessing and hoping the remix is actually helping

Comment

Working...
                                                    X