Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    Yeah, I loved her vocals on caution. I hope vocals on the next album are similarly understated. It works for her now
    I love her Caution vocals, but she's - naturally - more capable than that. She even sounded stronger on the Caution Tour.

    All her random snippets sound amazing, especially the Auld Lang Syne acapella one, I love her tone and the fullness there.

    But I also love her new vocals on "All I Live For" (2020), the raw acapella moments from the audible and I think she sounded great on the WBT Mix, especially in the extended version, she nailed that.



    Comment


    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      When I heard it ( them ) I kinda gasped loudly and went OH WOW. ( I was in a supermarket at the time, wearing headphones and I was really loud in my reaction nnn ) I don't want to deny you those emotions and people looking at you as if youre insane
      Ok, spoil me NOW I am very anxious

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

        Ok, spoil me NOW I am very anxious
        If i tell you the track it will be no fun cos youre gonna listen really intently and you will get hear them straight away
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

          I love her Caution vocals, but she's - naturally - more capable than that. She even sounded stronger on the Caution Tour.

          All her random snippets sound amazing, especially the Auld Lang Syne acapella one, I love her tone and the fullness there.

          But I also love her new vocals on "All I Live For" (2020), the raw acapella moments from the audible and I think she sounded great on the WBT Mix, especially in the extended version, she nailed that.


          Agree with all of this. I do worry when it comes to albums, when she really goes for it that she is more inclined to over edit her upper range and I loved the fact that she could comfortably sing all of the Caution songs live on tour, so we got live performances of deep album cuts las a result

          Comment


          • It must be hard for someone like Mariah who has made her name as one of the biggest power house vocalists of all time to reign her vocals in.. she must feel a huge amount of pressure to deliver “belts” and “whistles” and a “five octave showcase”..

            I can understand why we do sometimes get edited vocals. I just hope she knows that true fans appreciate that nothing lasts forever and that people get older! If more restrained vocals mean she can deliver a comfortable live performance, I’m here for that over lip synced climaxes any day!
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
              It must be hard for someone like Mariah who has made her name as one of the biggest power house vocalists of all time to reign her vocals in.. she must feel a huge amount of pressure to deliver “belts” and “whistles” and a “five octave showcase”..

              I can understand why we do sometimes get edited vocals. I just hope she knows that true fans appreciate that nothing lasts forever and that people get older! If more restrained vocals mean she can deliver a comfortable live performance, I’m here for that over lip synced climaxes any day!
              She did a brilliant job on Caution with showing adequate constraint. IMO, this is one of the reasons why the performances went generally well.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

              Comment


              • The new ABMB vocals are heavenly. Can't wait for HQ to listen with headphones. The ad libs at the end are just gorgeous too. Anytime her whispers layer/overlap in the track it creates such a stunning effect.

                I don't think everyone appreciates how difficult her vocal technique is and how perfect she has to be to pull off some of the subtle things she does. Her breath control to maintain that breathiness and smooth, even tone over such a broad range is so impressive. I think she might be unparalleled in that regard.
                You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

                Comment


                • Question here! If you could restore Mariah’s voice to its prime for one year only (it only lasts for 2021!) or give her the mother of all comebacks in 2021 (think another Emancipation era), what would you choose?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                    Question here! If you could restore Mariah’s voice to its prime for one year only (it only lasts for 2021!) or give her the mother of all comebacks in 2021 (think another Emancipation era), what would you choose?
                    Whichever makes her happiest!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                      It must be hard for someone like Mariah who has made her name as one of the biggest power house vocalists of all time to reign her vocals in.. she must feel a huge amount of pressure to deliver “belts” and “whistles” and a “five octave showcase”..

                      I can understand why we do sometimes get edited vocals. I just hope she knows that true fans appreciate that nothing lasts forever and that people get older! If more restrained vocals mean she can deliver a comfortable live performance, I’m here for that over lip synced climaxes any day!
                      I always think this, the pressure she is under is just crazy. Particularly around 2010. Poor cow :(

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                        I love her Caution vocals, but she's - naturally - more capable than that. She even sounded stronger on the Caution Tour.

                        All her random snippets sound amazing, especially the Auld Lang Syne acapella one, I love her tone and the fullness there.

                        But I also love her new vocals on "All I Live For" (2020), the raw acapella moments from the audible and I think she sounded great on the WBT Mix, especially in the extended version, she nailed that.
                        Exactly

                        It’s just the whisper upper register that has changed
                        tonally
                        Last edited by allygdale; Thu March 25, 2021, 19:17.

                        Comment


                        • Hoping the new version of Always Be My Baby will be released on Spotify tonight.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

                          Comment


                          • It's notable that Kris Buckle flew into Atlanta.

                            Obviously, it all could be related to MC's 3/27, but we'll see.
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                            Comment


                            • Lee Daniels is correct in saying that it’s gonna be hard to find an actress to play her in a limited series.
                              I think it’ll have to be an unknown, new talent.
                              I can’t imagine anyone that’s in the “it crowd” of Hollywood that could do it right now.
                              Any thoughts?
                              http://marcokircher.com
                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                              My YT Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                              IG: marco235

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                Lee Daniels is correct in saying that it’s gonna be hard to find an actress to play her in a limited series.
                                I think it’ll have to be an unknown, new talent.
                                I can’t imagine anyone that’s in the “it crowd” of Hollywood that could do it right now.
                                Any thoughts?
                                I'd rather have someone we don't know yet. If someone famous is playing her, it could be distracting.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                  I'd rather have someone we don't know yet. If someone famous is playing her, it could be distracting.
                                  If they’re gonna have the actress sing the songs, maybe someone from the Broadway World.
                                  http://marcokircher.com
                                  http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                                  My YT Channel!
                                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                  IG: marco235

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post

                                    If they’re gonna have the actress sing the songs, maybe someone from the Broadway World.
                                    This is what I feel won’t work. Nobody could sing Mariah

                                    shed have to overdub it herself which would be corny either way

                                    Comment


                                    • I think what bohemian rhapsody the movie shines it’s because they used Freddie Mercury original unique voice. I wasn’t familiar with their sound when I watched the film and I was mesmerized and emotional with his voice and understood what made him special, if they used the actor’s voice it wouldn’t have the same effect. I think the same about Mariah if they would make a film about her life,she got an incomparable voice, no one could duplicate it. They should use her voice to dub the actress but with recordings from the same era for each scene, not Mariah recording new vocals to use for her 20 yo self

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                        Agree with all of this. I do worry when it comes to albums, when she really goes for it that she is more inclined to over edit her upper range and I loved the fact that she could comfortably sing all of the Caution songs live on tour, so we got live performances of deep album cuts las a result
                                        Yeah, I understand that. And it's a great thing and the right direction IMO, so she can play and explore with her voice more live.

                                        For example, when she did an Eb5 in a "With You" performance instead the original C5 in Singapore, at 1:50 here:



                                        Still, these Asian concerts and the Caution Tour has stronger vocals than the album. That was my point. She definitely can serve better vocals without editing them.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                          It must be hard for someone like Mariah who has made her name as one of the biggest power house vocalists of all time to reign her vocals in.. she must feel a huge amount of pressure to deliver “belts” and “whistles” and a “five octave showcase”..

                                          I can understand why we do sometimes get edited vocals. I just hope she knows that true fans appreciate that nothing lasts forever and that people get older! If more restrained vocals mean she can deliver a comfortable live performance, I’m here for that over lip synced climaxes any day!
                                          Yeah, imagine the pressure.
                                          But she's still capable without the editing, believe me.
                                          I don't understand the lipping sometimes tbh. In Hero she hits Eb5 and then lips a Bb4. Same with My All, she lips a G#4 and then hits E5s and phrases D5s with ease.

                                          When she's confident, she slays.

                                          I mean... Endless Love acapella:


                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            If i tell you the track it will be no fun cos youre gonna listen really intently and you will get hear them straight away
                                            Ok

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                              The new ABMB vocals are heavenly. Can't wait for HQ to listen with headphones. The ad libs at the end are just gorgeous too. Anytime her whispers layer/overlap in the track it creates such a stunning effect.

                                              I don't think everyone appreciates how difficult her vocal technique is and how perfect she has to be to pull off some of the subtle things she does. Her breath control to maintain that breathiness and smooth, even tone over such a broad range is so impressive. I think she might be unparalleled in that regard.
                                              Thanks for mentioning and appreciating that.
                                              And yeah, she's the best at it, no one comes close.

                                              Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                              It’s just the whisper upper register that has changed
                                              tonally
                                              I don't think so.

                                              Outside.



                                              My All.



                                              Looking In.



                                              From the audible, just to name a few.
                                              She even sounded polyphonic just like the album, VERY close to the OG.

                                              ---

                                              The being said, she didn't sound good on the new version of Close My Eyes, but maybe she was tired when she recorded it, she's not a machine.
                                              That whisper is very tricky.
                                              Plus her registers (or different parts of her voice) have their respective peaks all the time, some year (or even month) sound ok, next year (or month) sound fantastic.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                Whichever makes her happiest!
                                                I agree!

                                                Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                Lee Daniels is correct in saying that it’s gonna be hard to find an actress to play her in a limited series.
                                                I think it’ll have to be an unknown, new talent.
                                                I can’t imagine anyone that’s in the “it crowd” of Hollywood that could do it right now.
                                                Any thoughts?
                                                That's my only concern.
                                                Tbh, I don't know, I can't picture it.

                                                Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                I'd rather have someone we don't know yet. If someone famous is playing her, it could be distracting.
                                                Yeah, I feel the same.

                                                Comment


                                                • This sounds AMAZING.

                                                  Mariah Carey - I Still Believe (TMC Dawn Suite)

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Mariah Carey - Ultimate Rehearsals Compilation



                                                    God, I love her tone in that My All rehearsal from Pavarotti & Friends concert.
                                                    The ABMB rehearsal performance from GMA '13 was amazing, the user cut the best parts.
                                                    11:45 in China rehearsal, that key change, genius.
                                                    And Endless Love sounded A+.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X