Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

I dont think so. She is just doing this cos it is their bday before hers. It is nt whitneys bday isnt it?
    Whitney’s b’day is in august. This month we have Celine, Aretha, Gaga, Diana..

Comment

• So i see Taylor swift is releasing songs from the vault, wonder where she got that idea from?

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
        So i see Taylor swift is releasing songs from the vault, wonder where she got that idea from?
        Surely Mariah wasn’t the first ever? Also, why does it matter? Why even try to make it a “thing”?

Comment

So i see Taylor swift is releasing songs from the vault, wonder where she got that idea from?
          Maybe from Steve Nicks? Or Roxette? Or country group Band Perry?
          https://open.spotify.com/album/7jCfo...TV6qIYVUxmNnnw
          https://open.spotify.com/album/1K7pA...TkWVJRtgM8rIjQ
          https://open.spotify.com/album/4gveh...QPalclAo-eHfCg

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
            Does anyone know why Mariah has never been in the studio with Dallas Austin?
            Because he’s washed up and tired and has like three different sounds

I want work with younger, more inspired co-writer co-producers like Dev Hynes, Jon Bellion, Mark Ronson, Mike Will, even Charlie Puth

Mariah as a co-writer and collaborator working with other talents who can play instruments and help produce but also bring something new to the table is always a joy since she makes their efforts even better as someone who knows the ins and outs of how to make a great song

Shaka I know about the audible dahling, I started it the second it was available and was done by the next day , I remember very much enjoying dem acapella moments
            Last edited by allygdale; Fri March 26, 2021, 20:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrguy606 View Post

Surely Mariah wasn’t the first ever? Also, why does it matter? Why even try to make it a “thing”?
              Not tying to make it a thing i love taylor , always appreciate a great songwriter, it just seems like unreleased songs are really becoming a thing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                Im so jealous people are able to enjoy remixes. I just cant lol i tried with Mariah but i just dont enjoy listening to them. At least they are resung like wbt remix or thanks god found you!

The rarities yess that was a major present for me.
                I enjoy the re-sung ones more of course!

And The Rarities was such an amazing gift, I love it more than MIAM

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

The only part that I’m not huge on is certain parts of Portrait. I can’t understand why she didn’t re-record some of the lines
                  !!!

I always thought the transition from those nasally belts in the climax back to her rich mid voice at the very end was funny. When she goes from “just conceal myself and hide” to “this portrait of my life” in the final line it’s like night and day.
                  I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!

Comment

I was thinking this and two things struck me as possibilities
                    1. Maybe there is a marketing campaign for the film planned and they’re waiting for that as part of the product launch and contract.

2. She’s obviously cooking something up and is sitting pretty quiet at the moment, so maybe it just doesn’t fit in with the narrative they’re weaving for whatever it is they’re working on and waiting to launch.

I could be way off.
                    No, you're right, it could be one of those reasons, it would make sense.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                    loved this, some amazing moments! Thank you for sharing
                    You're welcome!

I think there's some better dates from some of the concerts from the past years, I would've chosen maybe other specific shows, but all good vocal moments

Notice how she always tends to sound her best towards Nov/Dec

The only part that I’m not huge on is certain parts of Portrait. I can’t understand why she didn’t re-record some of the lines
                    That's the weakest track vocally. It has some flaws. I still love it.

Comment

Taylor made a very public show of this and explained she is rerecording and rereleasing her back catalogue because she could not purchase her own masters. In other words, she is taking back control of her music and the money that comes with it in royalties.
                      You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

I just couldn’t put a top 10 together. It would be like choosing between my children if I had any.
                        Haha!
                        That's been my Top 10 for over 2 years now.
                        Interesting that my fave tracks don't have crazy vocals on it.
                        I put the focus on the tone, the melody and the lyrics, and the overall complexity of the track.

completely random but I wonder if she ever recorded a full version of Misty Moon?
                        I don't think so tbh.
                        Her tone in that little song is so gorgeous.

Didn’t he announce the date as last Friday? Has he just let it go quiet and not mentioned anything since?
                        Nope, he didn't gave any specific date.
                        We waited almost 4 years for this song, I think we can wait some more weeks for the vid (to be uploaded officially) #fashionablelate

Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                        I dont think so. She is just doing this cos it is their bday before hers.
                        Weird that she didn't wish a happy bday to Chaka (March 23rd).
                        Lady Gaga bday is on the 28th but I don't think she's posting anything, they aren't close (that we know of). Celine bday is on the 30th.

Aries brought some big legends.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        Shaka I know about the audible dahling, I started it the second it was available and was done by the next day , I remember very much enjoying dem acapella moments
                        Yeah, I know, I was just saying that all the singing moments were compiled in a video on YT. It's nice to listen to them all together. But that vid was deleted.

Comment

• Not Taylor again here

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Because he’s washed up and tired and has like three different sounds

I want work with younger, more inspired co-writer co-producers like Dev Hynes, Jon Bellion, Mark Ronson, Mike Will, even Charlie Puth

Mariah as a co-writer and collaborator working with other talents who can play instruments and help produce but also bring something new to the table is always a joy since she makes their efforts even better as someone who knows the ins and outs of how to make a great song

I hear ya. I do think he is really talented and could always produce top 10s with ease.

I know he got Chili pregnant in the early 90s, which caused a friction between he, Pebbles & LA Reid. I always assumed Tommy would not want a young Mariah anywhere near Dallas in the studio. But then in 2006 when Lionel Richie released his album with DefJam under LA Reid there were two songs produced by Dallas Austin so there went my LA Reid riff theory. Maybe it just really is the case that after all this time their paths just never crossed even though he produced for just about all the other big names out there like MJ, Aretha and Madonna. Too bad. Maybe he could have brought the energy that was lacking in all those JD productions on E=mc2. Always Be My Baby has a Dallas-esq sound and even if they did get together no doubt Mariah would have made it sound undeniably Mariah anyway but interesting to think what a song together would sound like. Especially in the Rainbow-Charmbracelet eras.

In 2006 he was on his way to Naomi Campbells bday party when he got stopped for possession and never made it. Surely Mariah was at that party, that could have been the meeting before Einstein.

Comment

Not tying to make it a thing i love taylor , always appreciate a great songwriter, it just seems like unreleased songs are really becoming a thing now.
                                You think that because you only started to notice because of Mariah, maybe artists already released hundred of albums exclusively with unreleased songs from the vault. Mariah didn’t start anything, actually probably 90% of the people doesn’t even know she released the rarities. And to be fair Taylor already is working to release her old songs years ago to take back her masters and she’s including as bonus the ones she didn’t release from the same era for each album she’s re-recording

Comment

• I love the #Beautiful Intro from BET

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                    You think that because you only started to notice because of Mariah, maybe artists already released hundred of albums exclusively with unreleased songs from the vault. Mariah didn’t start anything, actually probably 90% of the people doesn’t even know she released the rarities. And to be fair Taylor already is working to release her old songs years ago to take back her masters and she’s including as bonus the ones she didn’t release from the same era for each album she’s re-recording
                                    Barbra Streisand did a from the vault album years ago back in 2012 or something! The Beatles have an album called Rarities. So does Usher And yeah I mean Taylor was talking about re recording her albums long before MC30 even started.. it has nothing to do with Mariah.
                                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      Wow , really didn't mean to start anything, i'm not an argumentative person and certainly didn't mean to bring any negativity here

Comment

• Happy Anniversary to Mariah (it's already the 27th here!).
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Happy anniversary! Gonna stream her discography all day to celebrate.
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARIAH!!!!!!!
                                            I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Happy anniversary, Mimi!

Comment

• Happy anniversary, Mimi!
                                                orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

• Happy birthday
                                                  MIMI~

Comment

• Happy Anniversary, Butterfly! You'll always be my #1, love u so much.

Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                    Forever and always!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X