Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    Love this. I know it’s not everyone’s favourite (it is one of mine) but Butterfly needed Babydoll to really cement it’s vibe. I wish her and Missy would work with each other again and recreate that magic
    Everyone with actual taste should love Babydoll.

I mean, how could you not?

The level of brilliance

Comment

• She’s one of the members of the 3762715th line up the sugababes isn’t she?

How much on an interest is there in a dramatisation of Luis Miguel? He must be a lot more popular in Spanish speaking countries than I ever thought.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

The level of brilliance
        I’ve read so many times on here and Twitter that it’s people’s least favourite track on Butterfly and it blows my mind

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
          She’s one of the members of the 3762715th line up the sugababes isn’t she?

How much on an interest is there in a dramatisation of Luis Miguel? He must be a lot more popular in Spanish speaking countries than I ever thought.
          Yeah and a homewrecker...

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Based on a local newspaper, the actress to portray Mariah in the Luis Miguel netflix series is Jade Ewen
            I don't know her is she a big star or what?

I didn't see Season 1 and I will be only watching the Mariah segments.

Comment

• I'm curious about the portrayal MC will be given. So once it's out, someone give me a heads up!
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I don't know her is she a big star or what?

I didn't see Season 1 and I will be only watching the Mariah segments.
                She was in a uk girl band that started out amazing, went through 4 different line ups and by the final line up which she was part of, they were just a laughing stock.

she was also sleeping with my cousins husband while they were in Aladdin in the west end and they ended up getting divorced because of it. She’s still with him now

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                  A lot.
                  He's like one of the (if not THE) biggest stars in Spanish speaking countries.
                  Think of Bublé but even bigger.
                  They call him "El Rey Sol".

He was so hot when dating Mariah.
                  Now his life is a total mess and he looks terrible.
                  He has a very serious ear disease btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                    Based on a local newspaper, the actress to portray Mariah in the Luis Miguel netflix series is Jade Ewen

Maybe this was already shared!
                    I should start season 1 one day
                    I didn't know that. I thought would be Belinda. funny that choose a woman of color since Mariah mentioned in her memoirs Luis Miguel said she was white and didn't understand she wasn't because i the US it's different

Comment

I’ve read so many times on here and Twitter that it’s people’s least favourite track on Butterfly and it blows my mind

They need Jesus.

Comment

They need Jesus.
                        Preach!

Comment

She was in a uk girl band that started out amazing, went through 4 different line ups and by the final line up which she was part of, they were just a laughing stock.

she was also sleeping with my cousins husband while they were in Aladdin in the west end and they ended up getting divorced because of it. She’s still with him now
                          Oh, ok, interesting

Belinda was perfect for the rol IMO.

Comment

Wow, trash taste!

Ask me to pick a favorite among The Roof, Breakdown, and Babydoll and I’ll combust

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Wow, trash taste!

Ask me to pick a favorite among The Roof, Breakdown, and Babydoll and I’ll combust
                              Yeah, I’m with you Ally! Urgh, that couple of years, with that kind of vibe was unreal. I’m thinking Velvet Rope, Never Say Never, One in a Million etc
                              Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Sun March 28, 2021, 22:15.

Comment

• I thought it was interesting that Michaela angela Davis in a recent live stream mentioned that they anticipated litigation from Mariah's ex-siblings and she said they didnt include some stories about the music industry in the book for legal reasons. She mentioned this while talking about patriarchy in the music business. She mentioned that "anyone could've come for" Mariah due to the book, including Tommy.

Another tidbit I gleaned is that she said everyone underestimated her and Mariah, even the publishers. It wasnt until they turned in the first chapters that they got what the book would be about..

She also mentioned that one of Mariah's motivations of going to beauty school was to learn how to do her hair and that other people never knew how to do it. She mentioned that there are tonnes of hilarious stories about Mariah in beauty school, but they weren't included.

She said she and Mariah were crying of laughter a lot because Mariah is so good at doing other people's voices so she would tell stories re-enacting their voice.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• People don't like Babydoll?? The world has gone mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                    I didn't know that. I thought would be Belinda. funny that choose a woman of color since Mariah mentioned in her memoirs Luis Miguel said she was white and didn't understand she wasn't because i the US it's different
                                    She would be considered white in most latin countries. Brazil considers Mariah white and people around there doesn't understand the concept of biracial.
                                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                      People don't like Babydoll?? The world has gone mad.
                                      Exactly! I think the song close brilliantly the best sequence in her discography ever!

The Roof Fourth of July
                                      Breakdown
                                      Babydoll

Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Listening to Butterfly right now. It’s definitely her Magnum Opus. So classic yet so current at the same time. I wish it got more props from the GP for being so influential to other artists. I’m still bitter about the VH1 Ultimate Albums episode being shelved.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                          I mean, if she just wants to do stuff like #MC30 and Vegas to continue on her legacy then a sub standard manager like JD is fine. But if she is serious to play with the big boys like Beyonce or Rihanna then she should have no less than roc nation. Management firms are almost more important than the actual record label these days.
                                          Girl... what? she is not one of their peers.

Comment

The level of brilliance
                                            So true the bg vocals is on another level as well... When I first heard this song it gave me relief that finally she has sick beat (drums sequence) on a song

Comment

• OMG a melodic interpolation of dem X Gon Give It To Ya horns would be so hot

I could hear it with real horns or synths

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                Wow, trash taste!

ikr?!
                                                They need an exorcism or whatever
                                                My favorite is The Roof tho, but the other tracks are basically 9.99/10, pure brilliance

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                She said she and Mariah were crying of laughter a lot because Mariah is so good at doing other people's voices so she would tell stories re-enacting their voice.
                                                LMAO, this is so true.
                                                What that voice can't do?!

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                                  She would be considered white in most latin countries. Brazil considers Mariah white and people around there doesn't understand the concept of biracial.
                                                  Yeah, this is true.
                                                  In my country, Argentina, she would be considered white as well.
                                                  We have this issue here about not understanding the biracial concept, as leo pointed out.
                                                  All my friends think she's white too.
                                                  Also I remember reading/hearing about "the white girl with a black voice" in the media around the time I discovered her and started to find more info.
                                                  Most of people here won't understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                                    Listening to Butterfly right now. It’s definitely her Magnum Opus. So classic yet so current at the same time.
                                                    I was listening to some acapellas from Butterfly after posting the Breakdown vid, and there's LOTS of polyphonic singing everywhere and some belts that sound very clear in the record actually have a beautiful rasp behind them, like on Outside climax, it's so damn gorgeous vocally.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                    Girl... what? she is not one of their peers.
                                                    Exactly.

Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                                                    So true the bg vocals is on another level as well... When I first heard this song it gave me relief that finally she has sick beat (drums sequence) on a song
                                                    The wall of sound in this song is EPIC. The amount of work she put on here is astonishing. Sometimes there's like 6 harmonies or more!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X