No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watching Framing Britney Spears and I really wish The New York times would do an episode on Mariah and the Glitter era.

There are so many parallels in their stories: sabotage, the vulturous media frenzy, mental health, etc.
    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Mariah is hilarious

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Love this. I know it’s not everyone’s favourite (it is one of mine) but Butterfly needed Babydoll to really cement it’s vibe. I wish her and Missy would work with each other again and recreate that magic
        I'm much late on this, but I just realized that One Mo Gen is the (sort of) equivalent to Babydoll of the Caution album. I adore both songs
        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

I'm much late on this, but I just realized that One Mo Gen is the (sort of) equivalent to Babydoll of the Caution album. I adore both songs
          One Mo Gen is a beauty. It kind of reminds me of Janets Dream maker/ Euphoria, from the Unbreakable album for some reason

Comment

• She’s finally plugged the bunny movie on Twitter.

i would embed it but I’m rubbish at that stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
              Is she hinting (or thinking) of a potential collab maybe?
              I don't think so. She's more cryptic.

Maybe she's a fan? Or could sample something?

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                They also appeared to be on good terms when he surpassed the OSD record and they interacted via Twitter.

In any case while I appreciate what Lil Nas X is doing in terms of representation, I think his music is well below the sophistication of Mariah's work.
                Yes, exactly my thoughts.

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                Just watching Framing Britney Spears and I really wish The New York times would do an episode on Mariah and the Glitter era.

There are so many parallels in their stories: sabotage, the vulturous media frenzy, mental health, etc.
                Yeah.

I think that's the main reason why Mariah loves/appreciates/likes Britney, she went through some serious sh!t just like her.

Comment

One Mo Gen is a beauty. It kind of reminds me of Janets Dream maker/ Euphoria, from the Unbreakable album for some reason
                  One Mo' Gen, she fvcking did that.
                  It's becoming my favorite track from Caution (after GML, which remains untouchable at #1).

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  She’s finally plugged the bunny movie on Twitter.

i would embed it but I’m rubbish at that stuff
                  Done for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yes, exactly my thoughts.

Yeah.

I think that's the main reason why Mariah loves/appreciates/likes Britney, she went through some serious sh!t just like her.
                    Britney wasnt exactly sympathetic when Mariah was going through those hard times though. She kinda shaded her in an interview at the time, called her a goddess who believed her own hype or something like that.
                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Comment

• Is this a new ranking or the same from 2019?

Comment

• I don't like when singers attempt Mariah's songs, but there's some serious talent here.

The Shake It Off girl reminds me of Tori Kelly (her voice I mean, with all the fast runs and that slightly nasal tone).

And I love that rendition of My All from Daley, that was quite intense and interesting:

Not a fan of his tone but I love the arrangement and there's some great vocal moments.

Comment

• This is flawless.

This would have been a better cover for E=MC2.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                              This is flawless.

This would have been a better cover for E=MC2.

it doesnt look like mariah

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

It really doesn’t!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Britney wasnt exactly sympathetic when Mariah was going through those hard times though. She kinda shaded her in an interview at the time, called her a goddess who believed her own hype or something like that.
                                  i think Britney has zero filter and doesn’t mean half the stuff she says or the facial expressions she pulls

Comment

• Wow! Love that image.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

One Mo' Gen, she fvcking did that.
                                      It's becoming my favorite track from Caution (after GML, which remains untouchable at #1).

Done for you!
                                      Yeah, I’m with you. If you pay particular attention to the production there’s some beautiful moments in there. It’s quite hypnotic!

And thank you, I’m such a relic haha

Comment

• It's from 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

One of the replies says it’s an outtake from EMC2, if that’s creditable

Comment

It really doesn’t!
                                            Imo she barely looked like herself (in a good way, sexiest and skinniest she has ever been) throughout the whole EMC2 photo shoot

Comment

• It carries on with the doll like image seen in TEOM shoots.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                It carries on with the doll like image seen in TEOM shoots.
                                                Yes, I did like the effect they used on the pictures during that time. Made her look god like/statuesque.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                  She’s one of the members of the 3762715th line up the sugababes isn’t she?
                                                  Before that, Jade Ewen, also sang for UK at Eurovision with an Andrew Lloyd Webber-song:

Comment

i think Britney has zero filter and doesn’t mean half the stuff she says or the facial expressions she pulls
                                                    I don't know when she said that and in what state she was at that moment (in terms of mental health, we know she has had serious meltdowns years ago), but couldn't find nowhere what she allegedly said, InFamous can u gave us a link?

If true, I can understand her if said in those darker years.

But the truth is that Britney has only showed love for Mariah as far as I remember.

Remember when she said she said she liked to paint topless while listening to Mimi

Mariah also loves Britney, she has stated that several times, and recently showed support for the #freebritney movement.

I love Britney btw, she's one of my faves.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X