Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

the song had all the chances. It was such a hot track and everyone wanted it as a single, including Mariah. But clearance and LA Reid stopped it and killed the era with BB.

However, BB now belongs to her 25 most streamed songs by daily consumption... which is weird for a song that everybody hates.
    Nobody hates BB except the ten Migrate stans!
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

her biggest streaming hit this decade, OSR aside. Both will hit 50 million this year, OSR might even hit 80 million.
      She keeps on winning.
      Her achievements are unparalleled for someone who's been 32 years in the music industry.

Comment

• I don't think anyone hates on Bye Bye on here, but we can all agree that it wasn't single material.

Personally, I really like it. Beautiful melody, nice vocals and message.

Comment

• Gosh, I need BER to outstream and outsell the original already. I won't sleep well until Mariah is credited on BB
          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I love Bye Bye. It is easy to say now that it wasn't single material, but nobody could have known in advance. Especially when it was praised in several reviews.
            I do agree that Migrate would have been the biggest hit of the album, had it been released as a single. It's in the vibe of Obessed (which went Top 10), but better (and more original as it came first). Back then it was a rare feat for any song to enter the HOT 100 without being released as a single. That alone could tell it could be a big hit.
            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
              Gosh, I need BER to outstream and outsell the original already. I won't sleep well until Mariah is credited on BB

She will be credited at some point, I just hope the song is still inside the Top 10 (or 15) when that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                I love Bye Bye. It is easy to say now that it wasn't single material, but nobody could have known in advance. Especially when it was praised in several reviews.
                I do agree that Migrate would have been the biggest hit of the album, had it been released as a single. It's in the vibe of Obessed (which went Top 10), but better (and more original as it came first). Back then it was a rare feat for any song to enter the HOT 100 without being released as a single. That alone could tell it could be a big hit.
                I agree with everything, but basically every other song (non-ballad) from the album was a better 2nd single (Migrate of course, Side Effects, Cruise Control, I'm That Chick, I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time).

Comment

• RE Obsessed, this went viral-ish:

AMEN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I agree with everything, but basically every other song (non-ballad) from the album was a better 2nd single (Migrate of course, Side Effects, Cruise Control, I'm That Chick, I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time).
                    I think you're right, but no one could know this at the time. Mariah just came from TEOM which had four huge hits (It's Like That, WBT, SIO and DFAU) and now Touch My Body set off the new era being a #1 hit. It seemed safe to release a slow song as it had worked with WBT and BB got positive reviews saying it would be a sure #1 hit. So I can imagine Mariah's record company thought BB would be the most logical second single.
                    But yes, I'm That Chick, Migrate, I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time, Cruise Control or Side Effects would probably have done better.
                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Yes RayRay

We still love Bye Bye!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        RE Obsessed, this went viral-ish:

AMEN.
                        Kween is a lowkey hood chick, she ain’t afraid of nothin’

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I think you're right, but no one could know this at the time. Mariah just came from TEOM which had four huge hits (It's Like That, WBT, SIO and DFAU) and now Touch My Body set off the new era being a #1 hit. It seemed safe to release a slow song as it had worked with WBT and BB got positive reviews saying it would be a sure #1 hit. So I can imagine Mariah's record company thought BB would be the most logical second single.
                          But yes, I'm That Chick, Migrate, I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time, Cruise Control or Side Effects would probably have done better.
                          I think I remember the story differently. Mariah wanted another song as the 2nd single, something else than BB, but LA Reid blocked everything and said it is either BB or no 2nd single. I also remember that T-Pain did not want the song to be released as a single.

Mariah probably gave up on it since she was also about to start her new life with Nick and thought... wtf bye.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            she also went the high road... how crass and crude M&M is... is what he showed in return with his diss track confirming every little point she made in the song. He really did debut his unintelligence with that.
                            My Chart

Comment

• She needs to tell that full story in her 2nd memoirs book.

She said she was going to tell the real story behind BE(R) as well, which I think it will be quite interesting

Comment

True dat.
                                We love hoodriah.
                                She's a real bad-ass.

Comment

• How ironic is it that LA Reid was responsible for the biggest comeback since Jesus with GOAT and drove that same comeback right off the rails with Buh Bye.

Comment

I think I remember the story differently. Mariah wanted another song as the 2nd single, something else than BB, but LA Reid blocked everything and said it is either BB or no 2nd single. I also remember that T-Pain did not want the song to be released as a single.

Mariah probably gave up on it since she was also about to start her new life with Nick and thought... wtf bye.
                                    At the time Mariah did an interview and when asked about the second single said something like, no no we know what works and we aint messing with the formula, a ballad for second single.
                                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• My favorite Hoodriah moment EVER - all the goonz in the audience were skooketh!

Comment

• Mariah also ended him with this masterpiece in such a classy way, I can't LMAO.

We have the classy diss and the hood one, I love that

Comment

I never heard the story of LA Reid saying there would be no 2nd single if it wasn't Bye Bye. In fact, I heard he wanted I'm That Chick to be a future single (and even wanted it to be the lead single). Never heard the story about T-Pain either. I did read somewhere they weren't satisfied with the live performance of the song and therefor decided it wouldn't be the 2nd single.
                                          And like InFamous I read the interview where Mariah said she wanted to go with the formula of having a ballad as the second single. Seeing Bye Bye was the ballad that got the most positive reviews, it's logical to choose it to be the next single.

Comment

• They should have played BE(R) but we still love them 'cause they have taste.

Comment

she also went the high road... how crass and crude M&M is... is what he showed in return with his diss track confirming every little point she made in the song. He really did debut his unintelligence with that.
                                              He debuted his unintelligence with one of his first ever songs.

Comment

• This is so good.

My Chart

Comment

How ironic is it that LA Reid was responsible for the biggest comeback since Jesus with GOAT and drove that same comeback right off the rails with Buh Bye.
                                                  He also got the boot afterwards. Afterall, Moo was Def Jam's #1 act (and they had Rihanna on the roaster as well).
                                                  My Chart

Comment

This is so good.

She nailed the climax!

She should have performed this track with the outfit she wore during the TMB performance IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X