Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Mmm. I'm taking that "article" with a grain of salt.
    In 2001 there was an agenda against Mariah trying to make her like a crazy woman. And this is a clear example.
    It's very weird. What she's saying it doesn't make any sense. And why talk about other person during half of your interview when it has nothing to do with your career?

BUT IF TRUE... she was still a baby in the industry.
    And I guess she learned how toxic could it be in the hardest possible way.

We love her!

---

Ok, I don't believe you but I'm gonna listen to it this weekend and will try to decipher dem references
    Well its up to you what to believe but the article is out there. I had seen it referenced various times so I doubt if it was just made up ! I mean I wasnt trying to change your opinion of Brit, I only posted it coz u asked me !

Reagrding the references, I am sure you will get them straight away !
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
      She was very confident in WBT and last year! I know you mean in front of an audience
      Yeah, I meant LIVE and with an audience.

We know she was in a bad place in '16 but her confidence in her instrument during SSFT & Vegas was through the roof, she went for notes that avoided for years (e.g. the F5s in ABMB, the E5s in My All). She was consistently throwing supported Eb5s & E5s and a few F5s with ease.

In 2018 her voice was in a better shape yet she was quite reserved vocally.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
        I wonder if the new Always Be My Baby version will still get a Spotify release.
        I don't think so.
        It's not even on YouTube (officially).
        Probably a contractual thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Well its up to you what to believe but the article is out there. I had seen it referenced various times so I doubt if it was just made up ! I mean I wasnt trying to change your opinion of Brit, I only posted it coz u asked me !
          No, it's ok!
          My opinion won't change for a thing she allegedly said 20 years ago.
          I was just pointing out that I found it weird how she was talking about Mariah all the time without - IMO - making any sense. And it doesn't coincide with what she always publicly related about Mimi, from her debut till today.
          It's like someone said to her, let's talk about Mariah in your interview
          But thanx for sharing!

Comment

No, it's ok!
            My opinion won't change for a thing she allegedly said 20 years ago.
            I was just pointing out that I found it weird how she was talking about Mariah all the time without - IMO - making any sense. And it doesn't coincide with what she always publicly related about Mimi, from her debut till today.
            It's like someone said to her, let's talk about Mariah in your interview
            But thanx for sharing!
            Well she also talked about Justin and Madonna, I dunno. I mean the parts about Mariah made sense as in sense in English lol. I dunno what you mean by it not making any sense. It doesnt really matter at this stage anyway. They are on good terms and it was only for a paper in Scotland so doubt if Mariah ever saw or heard about it !
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

So many good vocal moments.

Mariah Carey - High Belts Evolution in "Give My All" (20 Years Edition)

P.S. I miss her '16 confidence.
              Wow, I would take those 2019 vocals over the 16/17 version every day of the week. That’s the most control she’s had over the ending since the rainbow ones! Sublime

Comment

• That Britney article is strange. First she says pop stars should not buy into the hype then she talks about Madonna as if shes a Goddess. So which one is it? Should they all be normal people or should they be revered for the Goddesses that they are??

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  Wow, I would take those 2019 vocals over the 16/17 version every day of the week. That’s the most control she’s had over the ending since the rainbow ones! Sublime
                  Rainbow is my favorite 'cause #tone & #agility.

But can we talk about Monaco '12 and the ones from the Aussie mini-tour? FLAWLESS.

The C#6-Eb6-C#6 whistle (why no one mention that brief Eb6, I love it!) during TECS Tour was also a #moment. One of my favorite endings tbh.

Comment

Rainbow is my favorite 'cause #tone & #agility.

But can we talk about Monaco '12 and the ones from the Aussie mini-tour? FLAWLESS.

The C#6-Eb6-C#6 whistle (why no one mention that brief Eb6, I love it!) during TECS Tour was also a #moment. One of my favorite endings tbh.
                    Yeah she did a great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                      That Britney article is strange. First she says pop stars should not buy into the hype then she talks about Madonna as if shes a Goddess. So which one is it? Should they all be normal people or should they be revered for the Goddesses that they are??
                      Exactly
                      It's quite contradictory and IMO there was an agenda that year, clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                        Yeah she did a great job!
                        Also the control she has over her lower register is amazing.

She's doing beautiful melismas down to F2

I love the extremes LOL, in one show she ended on a whistle, then she goes all the way down to such a low note like F2

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I found the link - the headline was " I won't end up like Mariah"

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+WON......-a078852214

Regarding Justice, But if I tell you the song its useless, im not just being mean ! You know you are one of my favourite lambs !!
                          Mariah doesn't need hype because she's without any argument one of the world's greatest if not THE greatest vocalist ever. Britney on the other hand didn't have the same type of hype people because has no discernible talent. Just the fact that she said those idiotic and arrogant things about Mariah proves that she believed the hype that she was qualified to comment/condescend. Everybody reaps what they sow... maybe that's why her fate is infinitely worse than Mariah's.

Comment

• I believe Britney did say that about Mariah would she say it now? Probably not. A lot of celebrities have not been very supportive of Mariah in the past even ones we may like or have complimented her now and then but I feel peoples opinions of her have definitely changed. Also I don’t care and Mariah probably doesn’t either

Comment

• I’m also loving the One mo’ gen love it’s such a sexy song. I love that sound for her and the Make it look good sound it’s sexy especially with her current tone.

Comment

• Alicia Keys was told by Columbia records when she was shopping around for a deal that they could make her the next Mariah Carey. She was quite insulted by that and said she does not want to be the next Mariah Carey, she is Alicia Keys. She ended up signing with J

That might have just been her pride speaking, and maybe nothing really against Mariah. Or maybe she really did not have a ton of respect for MC up to that point. Now it seems she really respects her. Maybe Mariah is not everyones taste at first, but they all come around. And guess who is having the last laugh... with everyone trying to re-create the success she had!
                                Last edited by tee; Tue March 30, 2021, 23:52.

Comment

Alicia Keys was told by Columbia records when she was shopping around for a deal that they could make her the next Mariah Carey. She was quite insulted by that and said she does not want to be the next Mariah Carey, she is Alicia Keys. She ended up signing with J

That might have just been her pride speaking, and maybe nothing really against Mariah. Or maybe she really did not have a ton of respect for MC up to that point. Now it seems she really respects her. Maybe Mariah is not everyones taste at first, but they all come around. And guess who is having the last laugh... with everyone trying to re-create the success she had!
                                  Some artists don’t want to be “the next...” they want to be their own person. Mariah herself hate when someone come up with “the next Mariah” like she’s over or dead. That’s one of the reasons she had kind of a “beef” with Ariana because her manager started to marketing her as the next Mariah carey, and Mariah hates that. I think Mariah started to respect Ariana when she showed she was her own person and personality, she’s Ariana grande not Mariah wannabe

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                    I believe Britney did say that about Mariah would she say it now? Probably not. A lot of celebrities have not been very supportive of Mariah in the past even ones we may like or have complimented her now and then but I feel peoples opinions of her have definitely changed. Also I don’t care and Mariah probably doesn’t either
                                    Yeah, all of this is true, especially the part that Mariah doesn't care
                                    The industry is very fake, one day they hate it, the other day they love it, and Mimi doesn't play those games.

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                    I’m also loving the One mo’ gen love it’s such a sexy song. I love that sound for her and the Make it look good sound it’s sexy especially with her current tone.
                                    Yeah, happy to see all the love that OMG is gettin'.
                                    I think at first most of lambs were like a bit meh (they were obsessed with The Distance) but it's slowly becoming a favorite now.
                                    I see only praise (and not only here but on Twitter).

More songs in that vein, please.

Comment

Alicia Keys was told by Columbia records when she was shopping around for a deal that they could make her the next Mariah Carey. She was quite insulted by that and said she does not want to be the next Mariah Carey, she is Alicia Keys. She ended up signing with J

I think that was a fantastic decision from her and it's called artistic integrity.
                                      We got enough of next-Mariah's with managers and media pulling that narrative.
                                      Mariah would be proud of that I think.
                                      And I love Alicia, amazing musician, but she didn't have the pipes to be the next-Mariah anyway.
                                      Neither Ariana, but she started with a VERY similar style. Then she found her own way (tho Mimi's influence is pretty evident in her work).

Comment

• You can see what Columbia would have been thinking at the time. A bi-racial girl who writes deep soul music, she came with her own demo. Who does that remind you of? I also am glad Alicia did not go that route as I am sure she is as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          It's from 2019.
                                          I asked 'cause I saw this "new list" posted everywhere - even in other fandoms.
                                          They say "based on new estimates".
                                          The list goes like this:
                                          1. Mariah Carey 2.Taylor Swift 3.Madonna 4.Barbra Streisand 5.Whitney Houston 6.Janet Jackson 7.Rihanna 8.The Supremes 9.Celine Dion 10.Adele (Top 10 Females).

Billboard has many lists like these.

For example, In 2018 they did the list "The Hot 100's Top Artists of All Time".
                                          Madonna, Mariah & Janet Jackson ranking at Nos. 1, 2 & 3, respectively (female).

Then in 2019 they did other list: "Greatest Of All Time Artists".
                                          Now Mariah at #1, and then Madonna & Barbra.

But I'm not sure if this "new list" is real 'cause I didn't find it on Billboard site/social media. It seems fake with Taylor at #2.

I guess the 2019 one is the last and definitive - thus far.

But even if they update the numbers, Mariah would still be at #1 'cause since then she has had another #1, more weeks at #1, more points accumulated, etc.
                                          Last edited by Shaka; Wed March 31, 2021, 01:41.

Comment

• I see no lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

now makes sense everything seems so shady lately. I think she's no longer have a team or manager behind her that's why maybe mc30 is frozen and her social media and everyhing else is not working like it used to. that's sad because eveything was great how it was with melissa and roc nation
                                              It’s pretty sad. Mariah needs a strong house to campaign for her and get her a spot at some award ceremony. For instance, she got a spot at one of the most important festival in North America (FEQ in Canada) during the Caution era because the person responsible for the programmation saw her performance during the billboard icon award and said to himself “wow she can still command a stage” so they called her to book her. She clearly needs that kind of exposure because for the general public she is still in a “can’t sing / diva box”.

Comment

I see no lies.

The lyrics to “The Roof” and “Breakdown” are on another level lyrically

I’m obsessed with her melodies but those words are actual poetry

Comment

• I gotta break it to ya delicately, dummy
                                                  Taking my G5 twenty minutes wasn't nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                    I gotta break it to ya delicately, dummy
                                                    Taking my G5 twenty minutes wasn't nothing
                                                    Isn’t it ‘Dunny’?

I always wondered what that meant. Is it American? Anyone help me out?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X