Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

    The ABMB performance was fire
    And her live MIH climaxes >>>

    Comment




    • Originally posted by Cyclone View Post

      Comment


      • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
        The greatest artists of our generation. Period.


        Can't believe it didn't go #1.

        The greatests.

        ​​​​​​​

        Comment


        • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
          I don’t give a about the Wbt performance. We want the hateu and obsessed remix on streaming! #cancelvalentinesday #boycottkellyandryan #justice4memoirs #remakehateuvideo #newrapper4uomfremix #lambappreciationmyazz
          Patience dahling, your time will come. But now, it's time for the first performance of 2021.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Milano View Post
            Just caught a Mariah reference in Macklemore's Downtown!!


            Comment


            • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              I think he was reading my thought. MC vs JS and Angels Advocate are coming!
              Nope

              Comment


              • We love her.
                That was really genuine and from her heart.

                Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

                I’ve always loved this moment. Mary has shown love to Mariah through her highs and low and it’s always been genuine.

                Comment


                • Her #TONE here

                  Comment


                  • 9 years... still can't believe it.

                    Comment


                    • When you believe is the best duet ever.
                      Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. -Bruce Lee

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post



                        You got me pegged sis.

                        Again, not sure why I’m being called an Ewok but… buen trabajo!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post


                          Can't believe it didn't go #1.

                          The greatests.

                          ​​​​​​​
                          I have no idea why it kinda flopped on Radio back in the day... I mean sure... they were both out of their prime... but this duet made waves - especially internationally. It was a huge hit in Europe. It probably didn't help that it was available on three albums: #1's, My Love Is Your Love and The Prince of Egypt Soundtrack.

                          And yet... today, the song is certified 2x Gold (one for physical copies and one for digital copies) in the United States. And it is always charting on the Billboard Gospel Charts. An enduring classic.

                          It is a shame that they've only performed this twice. They should have whored it out to everyone... bc its message deserved to be spread to all heathens on the planet.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            We love her.
                            That was really genuine and from her heart.
                            I love and LOVE how Mariah is good friends or cordial with so many GREAT artists... from Janet to Mary (!) to Alicia to Beyoncé and Rihanna. Obviously, those who have beef with her... do not belong to a certain kind of people...

                            EDUCATED and respectful people. Mary is such a kween as well... she has overcome so much in her career as well. The fact that Mariah appeared in her NMD music video was such a brilliant move at the time... It gave me hope.. Because as a lamb... in 2001-2002... we were scared and terrified and Mary did not drop Mariah like the media wanted her to be dropped.

                            I love her.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by espag View Post
                              When you believe is the best duet ever.
                              It really is. Luther - the male Whitney - is the best male/femal duet ever.

                              It is so amazing to have Mariah singing together with those absolute greatest of all times legends. It just shows how great Mariah herself was and is. She has done it all.
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                                I wonder why Whitney and Aretha weren't there. I'm sure they were invited.

                                How powerful would that photo be with them there as well.
                                Whitney's life was still in turmoil at the time... She probably didn't have time.

                                Aretha probably heard that Patti Labelle would be there... and said: "Hell naw, heffa!" Honestly, those youtube satire series like Got2BReal and TheLegendsPanel really messed me up. I kind of think that these legends speak like that in real life (of one another):

                                The depiction of Madonna on the LegendsPanel is probably 100% accurate.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • "I thought you were taping Jurassic Park 4"

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by skylynx View Post



                                    Queens of not crushing hedges!

                                    Comment


                                    • "I won't be seen around lesser bitches that i have outsold with just one album.....my All I Want for Christmas single has outsold entire disccographies....take that shade what you will and take it to the bank.....that's where I am"





                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                        I have no idea why it kinda flopped on Radio back in the day... I mean sure... they were both out of their prime... but this duet made waves - especially internationally. It was a huge hit in Europe.
                                        Yeah, I know both were out of their prime, but I Still Believe enjoyed more success peaking at #4 (tho she promoted it more and was probably helped with all the remixes).
                                        You would think that WYB would've peaked higher, especially 'cause two legends united after all the rumors about their (non-existent) feud, and they even won an Oscar.
                                        Still a legendary track and feels bigger than ISB for me.

                                        Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        It is a shame that they've only performed this twice. They should have whored it out to everyone... bc its message deserved to be spread to all heathens on the planet.
                                        I agree.
                                        Especially 'cause I'm not a fan of the Oscar's performance.
                                        They should have sung this everywhere!


                                        Comment


                                        • Why did they make another thread?

                                          Comment


                                          • Was there too much drama in the other thread? Was there some logistical reason why they absolutely 100% had to make another thread?

                                            Comment


                                            • What does making another thread accomplish?

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post
                                                Why did they make another thread?
                                                It was slowing down UKMIX as a whole. It was too big.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                                  Yeah, I know both were out of their prime, but I Still Believe enjoyed more success peaking at #4 (tho she promoted it more and was probably helped with all the remixes).
                                                  You would think that WYB would've peaked higher, especially 'cause two legends united after all the rumors about their (non-existent) feud, and they even won an Oscar.
                                                  Still a legendary track and feels bigger than ISB for me.



                                                  I agree.
                                                  Especially 'cause I'm not a fan of the Oscar's performance.
                                                  They should have sung this everywhere!

                                                  I mean Whitney had some of her biggest hits in the US in her career at that exact same time - My love is your love, Heratbreak Hotel and INRBIO were all Top 5 hits directly after but for some reason the duet didn't catch fire.
                                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    I love and LOVE how Mariah is good friends or cordial with so many GREAT artists... from Janet to Mary (!) to Alicia to Beyoncé and Rihanna. Obviously, those who have beef with her... do not belong to a certain kind of people...

                                                    EDUCATED and respectful people. Mary is such a kween as well... she has overcome so much in her career as well. The fact that Mariah appeared in her NMD music video was such a brilliant move at the time... It gave me hope.. Because as a lamb... in 2001-2002... we were scared and terrified and Mary did not drop Mariah like the media wanted her to be dropped.

                                                    I love her.
                                                    Mariah is/was loved and respect by the greatests: Aretha, Luther, George M, Michael J, Nippy, Patti, Stevie, Mary, Alicia, Bey, Diana, Gladys N, and she's friends with most of them. Then you got Britney (<3), Rihanna (<3) , JoJo (<3), JHud, Ari (<3), Kelly C (<3), Gaga, Kelly R., Taylor, Tori, Leona, Adele, Fifth H, Little M, among others, that always show respect and admiration (I know there's lot of artists missing on the list!)

                                                    The Madonna feud was back in the day during the Motorola days, now they're good with each other.

                                                    Demo, Miley, Zara L and Kilie M don't count 'cause they hate on her but Mariah never answered back nor did she say nothing about 'em. Their "hate" is so random tho it doesn't even make any sense.

                                                    The only real feud is with JLo, and I understand that. And well, Aguilera but she's not friend with anyone so... And also Nicki but she still respects her as an artist.

                                                    Mariah is really unproblematic. She only defends herself when she has to do.

                                                    P.S. of course she's loved by all the filipino singers.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X