Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    Well hopefully she’s somewhere getting snatched and finishing her own projects.
    It would have been nice to see her, but I agree with this. BE isn’t her song. She absolutely needs to focus on her own stuff.

The remix was a nice moment, and I love the attention she got from it, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
      So the one who actually made a surprise appearance was Miss Janet Jackson. She introduced Mary J.
      I am so here for Janet having a career revival. It’s long overdue.

Comment

• A lamb passed away.

Comment

• Some of these people here just love to sit on the sidelines and play the cynic, simply waiting for the moment when things are not going right or as expected, just so that they can jump in and say "I told you so / lambs are delusional etc.". And then there is one that always downplays Mariah at every single opportunity, which is getting really laughable and pathetic at this point. Stop trying to point out what's wrong with everything that Mariah does (or does not) all the time cause we're already aware of that. We are not living inside a bubble and we absolutely don't need you to show us the "reality" of the situation.

I'm pretty sure that the same ol' creatures will crawl out again once the next project is announced/released, it's an endless loop in here anyway.
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• You’re delusional you’re delusional

lol I love this song

Comment

• RIP @ that lamb.
              Mariah is so lovely.
              Some people should learn better from her.

Comment

• nm.

Comment

• Basically no impact on US iTunes after the performance (OG #13 - Remix #15).

Let's wait for tomorrow and Tuesday numbers.

Comment

• no more posting from Prediction accounts (eg nostradamus....)
                    they have lost all credibility!

Comment

• Just saw most of the performance, the new mix is amazing. As others have said zero Mariah on there so seems like any push from now is the solo version. Will be interested to see if this new version appears on Spotify or was it just for the performance.
                      At least the remix is still doing great in the UK and Australia. And it's definitely rising in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                        no more posting from Prediction accounts (eg nostradamus....)
                        they have lost all credibility!
                        Well, he has apologized. It's a prediction account anyway, what more can we expect.

She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          RIP @ that lamb.
                          Mariah is so lovely.
                          Some people should learn better from her.
                          He would be doing all sorts of cartwheels and backflips to know that his fave said something beautiful about him. I hope his friends and family get to see it.

Comment

• Gurls, blaming a prediction account is ridiculous.
                            He/she/they didn't have to apologize at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                              He would be doing all sorts of cartwheels and backflips to know that his fave said something beautiful about him. I hope his friends and family get to see it.
                              Sending love to them!

Comment

• Didn't notice that the Remix did its 4th biggest streaming day on the platform (Spotify) since its release! That's dope.

602.652 – 5th day
                                465.216 – 13th day
                                458.527 – 2nd day
                                450.541 – 47th day (TODAY)
                                446.474 – 10th day
                                Last edited by Shaka; Mon May 16, 2022, 06:33.

Comment

• Slaying in the UK like

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                    Gurls, blaming a prediction account is ridiculous.
                                    He/she/they didn't have to apologize at all.
                                    True

Comment

• Well, I can't lie and say I wasn't wishing for a performance from Mariah and Latto, but that's the way it is. I am hoping she's still going to be credited soon, cause that's a Hit, and Mariah has contributed to it. I am positive in thinking Mariah is preparing big things and getting ready to slay! I feel she's focused and enjoying the music and the process of creating and building.
                                      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I would like to say as well... RIP Dustin L Barnes. I'm always heartbroken when I hear these things.
                                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

• LMAO, why this has so many likes?

Comment

• Let's take some time to relive this moment from 3 years ago at the BBMAs.

Comment

• Mariah Carey "The Queen Of R&B"

Comment

• As much as it's great to see Mariah here, these sort of award lists no longer is representative.

We only have to take a look at the number of awards up for grabs these days across so many categories and metrics. Any reasonably successful era can rack up 7+ awards each time with a monster era like The Weekend and Drake can hit 10+.

Back in the 90s there were only really 25-30 awards up for grabs....these days it's well over 50 and this year, 62 categories.

Also the depth of competition in the 90s at the top is so much stronger and more diverse than now. Today it's the usual Taylor vs. Drake vs. Justin and perhaps Ariana or Billie when they release. It seems so much more concentrated.

Back in the 90s we had the Top 7 females (Madonna, Mariah, Whitey, Celine, Janet) competing with legends like Michael Jackson with the biggest rock artists (who earned crazy album numbers) and boybands/girlbands, europop. teenage pop and massive one-hit-eras like Alanis.

Whitney in 1993 won a staggering 11 awards and pretty much shut everyone out. Can you imagine a monster size hit era like that can get in the BBMAs today.

Comment

• Mariah Carey "The Queen Of R&B"

Comment

• So it didn't appear on today's UK Spotify chart and dropped massively on Sunday in Australia.

It's clearly on people's weekend partying playlists.

Can't wait to see the UK Mid Weeks to see if it is able to crack the Top 20.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X